Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 184721 times)

babysinblack

• One And One Is Two
Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2005, 04:52:14 AM »

I sell on eBay, so at a library sale I bought video copies of "Help!" & "First US Visit" to sell.
I ended up watching Help, then watching First Visit (loved there humor more than anything) and then found the 4 Ed Sullivan shows on DVD....hooked from then on.  First album was "Meet the Beatles" on LP.
Currently listening to the Anthology CDs, they are so great, esp. the demos & different takes.

ringo rules

• Getting Better
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2006, 01:54:51 AM »

One of my mates took me to a tribute band of the beatles called the beatels they were playing in Newtown (suburb of Sydney) Since then I have been a massive fan!

hannah999

• A Beginning
  • Wow im cool
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2006, 05:41:07 PM »

everyone in my family liked them so i was brought up to like them
(jesus) (chainsaw) oh my god! he's killing jesus! stop him! (afraid4)

thefadedline

• A Beginning
  • I'm an idler's dream
« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2006, 03:05:09 PM »

I was in the car with my family and my dad put a copy of '1' on. Up to that point I thought The Beatles was sad oldies music and I daren't ever have looked them up if I hadn't have heard them that day... or something like that.

Anyway it played through and I liked what I heard, but when I heard 'Let it Be' (the song) I couldn't turn it off. I think I played that song constantly for weeks. I still occasionally put it on and press the repeat button.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2006, 06:28:46 AM »

It amazes me when people say they didn't know any Beatles songs until they were in their teens or something. How can you go through life and NOT know a Beatles song? How can you reach age 10 and not know at least a dozen?? You'd have to be literally sheltered or something.

thefadedline

• A Beginning
  • I'm an idler's dream
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2006, 06:53:29 AM »

I did recognise a fair few like I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Yellow Submarine, Ticket to Ride, Yesterday, Hey Jude, Come Together... those I think are the songs I recognised. Although I recognised them it doesn't mean I knew them. I recognise some TV show themes but I don't know them. I consider to know something as to know something, and recognition is knowing of something... or something.

« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2006, 12:00:54 AM »

I love it when you're listening to a band you just discovered, and you suddenly think 'Wow, didn't know these did this!'.

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
  • Don't take it from the top
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2006, 10:18:18 AM »

on my school holidays easter 1979. AHDN was on the telly, my mum was relieved of her two double albums (the red and the blue ones) and that was that. Hooked!

JimColyer

• A Beginning
  • I wrote Save The Planet.
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2006, 05:35:30 PM »

I knew about them in the summer of 1963.  I was 17, and "From Me To You" was on the radio.  Del Shannon had the song on radio, too, as he was the first American to cover a Beatles tune.  Del was my favorite singer before The Beatles.

JimColyer

• A Beginning
  • I wrote Save The Planet.
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2006, 05:37:59 PM »

I was in Tower Records here in Nashville today.  They were playing The Beatles, songs from 1965-66 like "The Word" & "Michelle."  It was refreshing.  I lingered.

« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2006, 02:29:10 AM »

*waves* Noob alert.

I was born in '76 - deaf, unfortunately.  But after numerous surgeries, I was able to hear by '79.  My father had built his own reel-to-reel machine and on it he played one of three albums - "Sgt. Pepper", "Abbey Road", or "Magical Mystery Tour."  Always.  I grew up listening to the Beatles and one of my best (and by far happiest) memories is of standing on my father's feet, when I was no older than four or five, dancing to "When I'm 64."  He used to sing that to me.  But he'd change the lyrics around to "will you still need me, will you still feed me when YOU'RE sixty-four?"  Sadly my Dad passed away in '02 and it was a devestating loss.  I plan on getting a tattoo both to commemerate my love for him and our shared love of the Beatles.  For almost four years I have wondered what to get.  I thought about getting "But life flows on within you and without you" but then it hit me.  I plan on getting "Let It Be."  Because that's what he'd say to me if he could.  He's gone.  It hurts.  But find a way to come to peace with it.  "And though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see - there will be an answer . . . let it be."

I became a die hard fan by the time I was seven and twenty-two years on that love is still going strong!

Kelly

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2006, 03:18:06 PM »

great day........i am glad that your hearing was restored and i am sorry for your loss...keep your chin help high..you are among friends here....we hope your stay is a lengthy one.....

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #172 on: June 04, 2006, 03:32:35 PM »

Nice one Kelly...Much love to you. x
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2006, 11:42:06 AM »

That was a really moving story Kelly - Thanks for sharing.

A VERY warm welcome to the board! :)

AL (flower)

Wayne L.

« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2006, 09:54:03 PM »

I know the majority of you here, more than likely, discovered the Beatles from the Anthology series or the greatest hits compilation 1, not too long ago.  I'm not knocking it if you became a fan that way, but you have to admit, you're a rarity among your generation, who dig the Beatles these days.  I first became aware of them listening to the radio, in the backseat of my parent's car, when I was about 5 way back in 69.   I didn't know their history or their classic rock albums, or their current ones at the time,  until I was about 11/12 back in 75/76. I do have to say as solo artists, you have to take the good with the bad, with only a few masterpieces.  I was jokingly bullied on this site for some reason by punks, but I'm not going to worry about it, since they're probably just posers to begin with & have no life.  

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2006, 10:01:48 AM »

we think the same of you.......we take what you say and discount everything....if you post long enough tho your true being will show itself again...i see it already has basically...

Wayne L.

« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2006, 03:13:41 PM »

I don't care if you discount everything I say pic31, because you're not a real Beatles fan anyway.  

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2006, 10:32:38 PM »

actually wayne there was beatles music playing in my house b4 either you or i was born and i was borned in 1962...which makes me a couple of year your elder.....beatle music was part of my early youth and i was aware at an early age that i enjoy their music...i was given beatle things at a young age and was aware of them b4 they split up and collected each new solo release...which makes me a truer fan...not to mention the fact i have been a fan longer than you and perhaps it is more deeply rooted in me and my youth where as you are an inbred freaking moron...with no real skills who still lives at home and gets tucked in by mommy....if you are such a big bad beatles fan then prove it and write topic more than two sentences long that makes a point....stop babbling about long legs and p*ssing people offf like a moron...because it appears that your head is so far up your own ass that you can't see the light...

Starr

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2006, 04:45:27 AM »

It's kinda funny I actually discovered them through The Monkees, I've always been a Monkees fan and I saw that picture of Micky Dolenz with Paul McCartney from the 60's and well I became a fan :)

« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2006, 02:43:20 PM »

I was 8 years old when i first saw the Beatles on the Ed Sulivan show. My 2 sisters and parents watched together and after the show was over the beatles became a day to day music party for many years. my older sister had the beatle boots and the hat like John wore. I remember she gave the hat to me when she got tired of it. I only wish that i still had the hat. it was blue and I always loved the snap on the top. any way i just found this site the other day and so i wanted to post a reply. I'am Soot. hello  every one..........................
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 79 queries.