Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles - The Complete Mal Evans Silent Films DVD  (Read 1283 times)

Casbah

• A Beginning
Beatles - The Complete Mal Evans Silent Films DVD
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:10:47 PM »

Has anyone seen this? Is it any good? I searched the forum and couldn't find any references  to it. I apologize if it's been discussed before.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6943272

CB
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
Re: Beatles - The Complete Mal Evans Silent Films DVD
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:03 PM »

It's Mal's 8mm home movies, shot in 1966 and sold at Sotheby's in 1992. Amazon.com's reviewers aren't enthusiastic and "The Beatles" label is probably misleading. I haven't seen it myself, though.  :)

One reviewer's comments:

This title has really nothing to do with the Beatles, except very few glimpses of Paul around the end of 1966, probably around the time of Sgt. Peppers album.
These are only home movies taken by Mal Evans, the Beatles' road manager that apparently was on holyday with Paul and Derek Taylor and a few others, but again, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the Beatles (although the few takes of Paul are always nice to see). The DVD package is called The Beatles, and I suspect this is only to help sell this item. It should have been called Mal Evans home movies, which is really what these are, nothing more.
Nice quality video and transfer to DVD.

What is very likely the publisher's blurb here.

Bobber

Re: Beatles - The Complete Mal Evans Silent Films DVD
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 08:14:27 AM »

I got this on the harddisc drive and should be able to upload it to make it available for download. It's not spectacular though.

Page created in 0.325 seconds with 39 queries.