Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "Come Together"  (Read 7076 times)

Lennon93

• One And One Is Two
"Come Together"
« on: September 09, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »

What you think about this song? It is one of my favs from AR. I read a lot reviews about lyrics meaning, and i also think that he is singing about every beatle's member. I hope i will one day somehow understand it tottaly, every word. As you know it is only beatles song he played "72, and i really think it is not random. I love watching that performance. It is great. And look him when he sings (supposedly) part about Paul, for some reason i find it sooo interesting.

Anyway on side all lyrics talk, it is brilliant song, even my brother who only understand "come together right now" always plays it :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:09:04 PM by Lennon93 »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: "Come Together"
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:31:51 AM »

This is one of the song I used to like before, but has lost my attention. I like Paul's bassline, but the rest is a rip off.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 11:11:37 AM »

I think only John knew what the lyrics meant!

Great song though!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

nimrod

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »

fantastic song, always loved it, great opener for the LP

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »

This is one of the song I used to like before, but has lost my attention. I like Paul's bassline, but the rest is a rip off.

The Beatles Come Together Lyrics

Chuck Berry -"You Can't Catch Me" (From the 1956 film Rock, Rock, Rock!)

John Lennon - You Can't Catch Me

Quod erat demonstrandum
I can stay till it's time to go

Lennon93

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 06:40:34 PM »

"72

"You might remember this better than I do. Something about a flat-top, that's all I know."   8) 

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »

"72

"You might remember this better than I do. Something about a flat-top, that's all I know."   8)

John Lennon - Come Together LIVE

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 12:33:27 AM »

Besides the fantastic drum pattern at the beginning and the nice rhythm guitar tone, I cant think of anymore reddeming qualities this song has to offer. I usually skip this one or just turn the radio if it comes on.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 02:46:01 PM »

Besides the fantastic drum pattern at the beginning and the nice rhythm guitar tone, I cant think of anymore reddeming qualities this song has to offer. I usually skip this one or just turn the radio if it comes on.

Todd, I think you should make a list of all Beatles songs and with two columns next to each one. One column for "like" and another for "dislike". By what you say, I would bet there are more songs you do not like than those that you do. I know you say you like the Beatles, but I would bet you like a few Beatles songs.

I hope this doesn't come across as hostile, I certainly don't mean it that way. I am just amazed that there are so many songs you do not like.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 03:25:57 PM »

I love it but it is disapointing when you hear how obviously ripped off it is. I love the idea that each verse is about each of the Beatles. Is it certain that's what they lryics are about and the last verse after the inst. break is about Paul while the other 3 are consecutive emphasising the 3 against 1 situation.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »

Todd, I think you should make a list of all Beatles songs and with two columns next to each one. One column for "like" and another for "dislike". By what you say, I would bet there are more songs you do not like than those that you do. I know you say you like the Beatles, but I would bet you like a few Beatles songs.

I hope this doesn't come across as hostile, I certainly don't mean it that way. I am just amazed that there are so many songs you do not like.

I understand what your saying and I will make that list. Beisdes the like/dislike column though, I will need a neutral or impartial category too. I'm curious myself now.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 02:54:33 AM »

I love it but it is disapointing when you hear how obviously ripped off it is. I love the idea that each verse is about each of the Beatles. Is it certain that's what they lryics are about and the last verse after the inst. break is about Paul while the other 3 are consecutive emphasising the 3 against 1 situation.

Abbey Road was released in late September 1969.  We thought this song was one big "clue" that Paul was dead.  Y'all had to be there!  ;D

nimrod

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »

Todd doesnt like any Beatles songs except Lovely Rita  ha2ha

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 02:04:27 PM »

Your right. How this band ever made it to begin with is beyond me.  ha2ha

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 03:59:01 PM »

He doesn't even like the song "Lovely Rita" he really only likes the images it conjures up in his mind. ha2ha
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 07:35:11 PM »

^

I'm leaving!

;D

nimrod

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 10:38:02 PM »

He doesn't even like the song "Lovely Rita" he really only likes the images it conjures up in his mind. ha2ha

no I distinctly heard him say he likes the final 3 bars of the 2nd verse......but thats about it  ha2ha

Page created in 0.535 seconds with 79 queries.