Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I LOVE EVERY SONG  (Read 5813 times)

TheFoolOnTheHill

• One And One Is Two
  • He sees the world spinning 'round
I LOVE EVERY SONG
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:35:21 AM »

Yeah... I'm sure just about everyone on this forum can name one Beatles song that they don't love. But honestly, I can't think of one... Yes. Even Ballad of John and Yoko is awesome. I'm not trying to brag or anything. But is there anyone else here who loves every beatles song? Just wondering... I LOVE obladi-oblada, all together now and even wild honey pie i think is really nice. I've never actually listened to Revolution 9# all the way through, so i can't judge... but anyways, anyone like me? If not, say which songs you like and WHY you don't like them.
"It's all in the Mind you know!" --George Harrison

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: I LOVE EVERY SONG
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »

Like                                    Neutral                         Dislike
I Saw Her Standing There                    Misery                                Anna (Go To Him)
Chains                                            Ask Me Why                         A Taste Of Honey
Boys                                               Love Me Do                        All I've Got To Do
Please Please Me                              Baby Its You              You Really Got A Hold On Me
Twist & Shout                    Do You Want To Know A Secret          Devil In Her Heart
It Wont Be Long                            There's A Place                         Tell Me Why
Dont Bother Me                              All My Loving                       You Cant Do That
Till There Was You                            Little Child                           Baby In Black
Roll Over Beethoven                      Please Mr. Postman                   Mr. Moonlight
Hold Me Tight                           I Should Have Known Better             Kansas City
I Wanna Be Your Man                      Cant Buy Me Love                    Words Of Love
Money (Thats All I Want)                   I'll Cry Instead                         Honey Dont
A Hard Days Night                              I'll Be Back                             This Boy
If I Fell                                              No Reply                            I Call Your Name
I'm Happy Just To Dance With You     Rock N Roll Music                        Slow Down
And I Love Her                                 From Me To You                        Yes It Is
Any Time At All                                   I'll Get You                           Act Naturally
Things We Said Today                         Matchbox                       Tell Me What You See
When I Get Home                             She's A Woman                      Dizzy Miss Lizzy
I'm A Loser                                       I Need You                           Drive My Car
I'll Follow The Sun                             Another Girl                          What Goes On
Eight Days A Week                 You're Going To Lose That Girl                Love You To
Every Little Thing                               Yesterday                        Within You Without You
I Dont Want To Spoil The Party             Michelle                              Blue Jay Way
What Your Doing                                   Girl                              All You Need Is Love
Everybodys Trying To Be My Baby   Here There & Everywhere             Back In The USSR
Thank You Girl                             Tomorrow Never Knows             Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
She Loves You                     With A Little Help From My Friends         Wild Honey Pie
I Want To Hold Your Hand                 When I'm 64                            Bungalow Bill
Long Tall Sally                              The Fool On The Hill        While My Guitar Gently Weeps
I Feeli Fine                                    Hello Goodbye                            I'm So Tired
Bad Boy                                   Strawberry Fields Forever                   Piggies
I'm Down                                      Baby Your A Rich Man              Dont Pass Me By
Help!                                                  Blackbird            Why Dont We Do It In The Road
The Night Before                             Rocky Raccoon                          Yer Blues
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away          I Will                               Revolution #9
Ticket To Ride                                  Helter Skelter                          Goodnight
Its Only Love                                    Honey Pie                        Across The Universe
I've Just Seen A Face                     Its All Too Much                           Dig It
Norwegian Wood                               Two Of Us                             Maggie May
You Wont See Me                             Dig A Pony                            One After 909
Nowhere Man                                   I Me Mine                     The Long & Winding Road
Think For Yourself                         Octopus's Garden                        For You Blue
The Word                                       Revolution                                 Get Back
I'm Looking Through You                Dont Let Me Down                       Come Together
In My Life                                                                            Maxwells Silver Hammer
Wait                                                                                           Oh! Darling
If I Needed Someone                                                       I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Run For Your Life                                                                            Sun King
Taxman                                                                                   Carry That Weight
Eleanor Rigby                                                                              Lady Madonna
I'm Only Sleeping                                                                        The Inner Light
Yellow Submarine                                                                 The Ballad Of John & Yuko
She Said She Said                                         You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
Good Day Sunshine
And Your Bird Can Sing
For No One
Doctor Robert
I Want To Tell You
Got To Get You Into My Life
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Getting Better
Fixing A Hole
She's Leaving Home
Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
Lovely Rita 
Good Morning Good Morning
Sgt. Pepper Reprise
A Day In The Life
Magical Mystery Tour
Flying
Your Mother Should Know
I Am The Walrus
Penny Lane
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Martha My Dear
Julia
Birthday
Mother Natures Son
Everybodys Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey
Sexy Sadie
Long Long Long
Savory Truffle
Cry Baby Cry
Only A Northern Song
All Together Now
Hey Bulldog
Let It Be
I've Got A Feeling
Something
Here Comes The Sun
Because
You Never Give Me Your Money
Mean Mr. Mustard
Polythene Pam
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Golden Slumbers
The End
Her Majesty
Day Tripper
We Can Work It Out
Paperback Writer
Rain
Hey Jude
Old Brown Shoe

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 03:02:57 PM »

I don't have a problem with any songs, I just think that they are weaker compared to the rest of The Beatles catalogue. I could name about 10 songs that fit in that category. It's not like I hate them, they are just weaker. However, there is one song that I can say out loud that I hate and that's "Don't Pass Me By".
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »

I've never actually listened to Revolution 9# all the way through

If you never listened to it all the way through, doesn't that mean that you don't really like it?

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »

I don't have a problem with any songs, I just think that they are weaker compared to the rest of The Beatles catalogue.

+1

I don't agree with the rest of it though. I like "Don't Pass Me By".
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »

many songs i don't really love

long long long
within you without you
i want you
revolution no.9
flying

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »

The only song that I really don't like is All You Need Is Love.All of the songs that I didn't really like before I like now after I've listened to them through a few times but All You Need Is Love is just a song I may never like.Besides that song I can say I love every Beatle song too.

Strawberry Field

• A Beginning
  • Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 11:19:04 PM »

Hi I'm new. Been a Beatles fan for about 15 years I'd say.

The only Beatles songs I dislike are

Revolution 9 (not a song but hey..)
Maxwell's Silver Hammer
Flying
Blue Jay Way
Honey Pie
Wild Honey Pie

Some songs are just 'meh' - I LIKE them, but they are low on my list of goodies, like

Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da
Old Brown Shoe
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Piggies
Long, Long, Long
What Goes On
Dig It

nimrod

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 12:36:24 AM »

I don't have a problem with any songs, I just think that they are weaker compared to the rest of The Beatles catalogue. I could name about 10 songs that fit in that category. It's not like I hate them, they are just weaker. However, there is one song that I can say out loud that I hate and that's "Don't Pass Me By".

me too

The white album has most I dont like;

Rocky Raccoon
Long Long Long
Dont pass me by
wild honey pie
honey pie

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 04:54:31 AM »

me too

The white album has most I dont like;

Rocky Raccoon
Long Long Long
Dont pass me by
wild honey pie
honey pie

I like that there Don't Pass Me By song, fer sure!

It sounds even better when these here fellers sing it...

General Store - Don't Pass Me By
I can stay till it's time to go

Sir John Johns

• A Beginning
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:55 PM »

The only songs I could live without are Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Hold Me Tight.

I'll listen to the rest of the Beatles cannon as my mood dictacts (even Revolution 9)

eraser.time206

• One And One Is Two
  • Groupie
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 11:32:46 PM »

Almost everything pre-Rubber Soul is distasteful to me. On Rubber Soul I like every song. On Revolver the only song I don't like is Yellow Submarine. On Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band I like all the songs. On Abbey Road I like all the songs. On the White Album I don't like Piggies, Olbadi-Olblada and Revolution 9. On Let It Be I don't like Maggie Mae.

That's it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:40:08 PM by eraser.time206 »
Before I go on, let me warn you that I talk dirty, and that I will say things you will neither enjoy nor agree with. You shouldn't feel threatened, though, because I am a mere buffoon, and you are all philosophers.

Strawberry Field

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 03:28:57 AM »

Almost everything pre-Rubber Soul is distasteful to me.

Really?? Wow.
Even A Hard Day's Night album? GREAT record.

KelMar

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 04:46:03 AM »

I don't love every song but I can find something to like about almost all of them with one exception. Of course I don't know if Revolution 9 is even really a song. Oh wait; according to Merriam-Webster I guess it is: 4: a distinctive or characteristic sound or series of sounds (as of a bird, insect, or whale).   ;D

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 05:17:51 AM »

EVEN Ballad of John and Yoko? That's a great one.  Paul's harmony near the end really clinches it.

ZoGeo

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 07:25:02 PM »

I don't hate any song as such, but there are a few I skip when my phone's on shuffle, like A Taste Of Honey, which ive never really liked, I Want You (it's way too long and boring for my liking) and Flying just bores me, but other than that, I actually quite like Revolution 9.. It's calming kind of, and really quite a boss song considering what it's made up of :)

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 09:50:28 PM »

This is easy.

Don't like:

Mr. Moonlight
I'm Only Sleeping (John's Robert Plant girl voice more than anything. Like fingernails on a blackboard.  ;sorry)
Wild Honey Pie
Love You To
Within You, Without You
The Inner Light
Revolution 9

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Strawberry Field

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 02:40:06 AM »

This is easy.

Don't like:

I'm Only Sleeping (John's Robert Plant girl voice more than anything. Like fingernails on a blackboard.  ;sorry)

Huh. 'I'm Only Sleeping' is one of my absolute favorites.

I guess I have quite different ears from yours; I don't hear how John sounds anything like Robert Plant on that song...or any song for that matter.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 02:50:13 AM »

Huh. 'I'm Only Sleeping' is one of my absolute favorites.

I guess I have quite different ears from yours; I don't hear how John sounds anything like Robert Plant on that song...or any song for that matter.

I didn't mean that he sounds like Plant, just that his vocal on I'm Only Sleeping has the same effect on me as a lot of Plant's vocals-it makes me not want to listen.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Page created in 0.926 seconds with 91 queries.