Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What do the beatles need the most to be better?  (Read 14177 times)

Re: What do the beatles need the most to be better?
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2004, 04:01:15 AM »

Oooooo I think Harrison is an awesome lead guitarist!!! If you ask me he is way better than a lot of modern day guitarists...
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 05:30:13 AM »

Nothing

Revolver

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 03:57:28 PM »

I think they fit perfectly together as they were. 

I think there are better drummers than Ringo and there are better guitar players than George, but there aren't many others (if any) you could replace them with and still have the Beatles as we know them.

For example, I think Charlie Watts of the Stones was a better overall drummer than Ringo(I still love Ringo, mind you, I just think Charlie was a bit better), however, without Ringo's quirky fills, the music wouldn't sound the same.  Also, Charlie wouldn't have fit in with the Beatles personality.  He's far too quiet.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 10:38:48 PM »

Oh, I don't know much about drumming but I know that Ringo can drum his ass off. That solo in The End? (Tee hee, I just noticed the user above me) is sublime! AND I think he helped to keep the group together during the tough times. The Beatles just aren't the Beatles without Richard Starkey.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2004, 11:34:54 AM »

[quote by=Mairi link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1089433100,s=23 date=1102027128]Oh, I don't know much about drumming but I know that Ringo can drum his ass off. That solo in The End? (Tee hee, I just noticed the user above me) is sublime! AND I think he helped to keep the group together during the tough times. The Beatles just aren't the Beatles without Richard Starkey.[/quote]

I think do too, Ringo does kick a** at druming  ;D

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2004, 03:55:45 PM »

Ringo is a great Drummer..its just that he is in the Beatles..and so he often gets stick.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Polly

• One And One Is Two
  • Peace and luv.
    • Newspaper Taxi
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2004, 05:07:06 PM »

I agree, Ringo had a tremendous lot to do with the Beatles sound. His contribution can't be denied. I often think he's underrated as a drummer.
"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Revolver

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2004, 05:50:24 PM »

[quote by=Polly link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1089433100,s=26 date=1103044026]I agree, Ringo had a tremendous lot to do with the Beatles sound. His contribution can't be denied. I often think he's underrated as a drummer.[/quote]

He was the perfect drummer for the Beatles and that's why I don't think he could have been easily replaced.

A band is more than just the individual musical talents.  Ringo's talents fit in perfectly with the Beatles, musically, but Ringo, at least to me, always seemed to be the biggest fan of the Beatles in the world.  He was often a rallying point for the band in a way that most others would not have been.  He, truely, was the binding force.

GroovinUpSlowly

• A Beginning
  • Raise the spirit of peace and love
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2004, 04:48:03 PM »

[quote by=broady link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1089433100,s=1 date=1089433840]Nothing. I think they needed less drugs :P[/quote]

Haha I think the drugs made their music amazing! I think a lot of their stuff would have sounded the same without it, I think.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
//o-o\\//- -\\ love is real, real is love
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.[/

Leopard Skin Pill Box Man

• A Beginning
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 03:03:34 PM »

If we wanted them to last longer it would have been a better manager after Brian Epstein died, but things have gone well after they finished!

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 06:09:17 PM »

The Beatles were The Beatles...they wouldn't have been what they are now...or what they are in the future...without John,Paul,George and Ringo!  ;)

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 06:32:59 PM »

:o who voted to replace George as lead Guitar?! :)

seriously though, I had to vote for nothing because even what may be seen as 'imperfections' or 'places to improve' all contribute to what they were- and I think any band needs that to make them more interesting or perhaps even to make them 'better'. The Beatles somehow made something really unique and appropriate, and, well, necessary which everone held on to in the early 60s- hence Beatlemania. I mean, beatlemania was a crazy outburst of energy and hysteria which the Beatles somehow created or caused and it seems to me, the conditions for that to happen needed to be very very precise. We don't know what you could take away or replace which could have somehow made them a less or more powerful formula at the time. But what they were worked, and I kind of think it needed to be exactly what it was for it all to work. I don't even know if I am making sense. Like the way the Big Bang theory says the Big Bang had to have loads of things exactly right for it to happen, and if even one tiny element of it was a bit off it may never have happened. I see it to be a bit like that with the Beatles though obviously Beatlemania was not by any means such an unlikely event as the big bang theory! I reckon something huge was bound to happen at that crucial time because it needed to- the whole post-war thing and there needed to be some sort of big change or shift be it revolution or something else. Anyway, Beatlemania fulfilled this need for something big happening (along with the whole young hippie generation) and I think everything about the Beatles played an important role in the way it all happened. So to me, the answer is 'nothing'

Though perhaps another manager after Epstein to take over well and sort out the chaos

No but even that needed to happen really

Maybe this is just be being unimaginative and unable to imagine the Beatles being any other way!

Ugh sorry for my bad post- I can never be concise! I apologise  :)
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 11:24:09 PM »

I voted Nothing!
What's done is done & the music is there for all to cherish!! ;)
All 4 of those guys put a thousand percent into what they did best!
 :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2007, 12:32:08 AM »

^ I agree - big fat "nothing" from me too!  ;D
I think they were great as they were... and that none of them should or could have been replaced.

I was thinking of a New Manager after Brian Epstein's departure... but as you said, tangerine, maybe even that had to happen (meaning the lack of a new manager). I think, if you chnaged anything (or anyone), the Beatles wouldn't be what they were/are anymore (as you said, DSL). They would have been something else, maybe still successful, maybe more successful (if that's even possible...  :o) but I dunno if I would consider that to be "better" than the Beatles that we know. I love them the way they are!  :)

I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2007, 01:48:54 AM »

Nothing... anything new would have thrown off the balance they had going

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2007, 05:54:25 PM »

Quote from: 687
Nothing... anything new would have thrown off the balance they had going

Nicely said Flaming Pie In The Sky ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2007, 05:23:29 PM »

Absolutely nothing could have made the Beatles better than they were. They were perfect the way they were, and I love that. They had the two best songwriters ever, an excellent lead guitarist, and Ringo filled the spot for drummer perfectly. Everything happened the way it was meant to, and well, it all worked! They are still, even forty years later, the best and most popular band ever. So, I'd say that they were pretty darn perfect the way they were. ;D
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2007, 05:33:50 PM »

Quote from: 793
Absolutely nothing could have made the Beatles better than they were. They were perfect the way they were, and I love that. They had the two best songwriters ever, an excellent lead guitarist, and Ringo filled the spot for drummer perfectly. Everything happened the way it was meant to, and well, it all worked! They are still, even forty years later, the best and most popular band ever. So, I'd say that they were pretty darn perfect the way they were. ;D

Just about says it all. Only real criticism I can think of is that there should have been more of George's songs.
All You Need Is LOVE!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2007, 06:03:07 PM »

Well said, Beatlemaniac64. Welcome to the forums!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2007, 06:45:09 PM »

I voted nothing .
If it an't broke don't fix it  :)

Maybe one thing would have been to have some great female backing vocals on  Let It Be , big gospel vocals  :)
Ringo's a great drummer .

DaveRam :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 95 queries.