Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: does anyone think let it be...naked is anti-john?  (Read 2536 times)

does anyone think let it be...naked is anti-john?
« on: September 25, 2005, 09:54:05 AM »

hey, i was wondering if anyone on this forum think that let it be...naked is anti-john?because in a recent interview with paul in Q magazine i read that the interview said to paul that some people think that it is anti-john, then paul said something like 'do you really think john would approve of people going 'ahhhhhh' with strings and ohrcestra in the background'!

i think he probably would approve of it, but might see it as a way to cash in money, although i agree the songs sound so much better cleaned up.  :D

i hope the dvd of let it be comes out soon!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
Re: does anyone think let it be...naked is anti-john?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 06:44:36 PM »

I don't think so... Why would Paul make an anti-John album out of LIB, 25 years after his death?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 09:50:22 PM »

No it's not anti-John. Don't be so freaking paranoid.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 10:35:15 PM »

It's anti-Phil Spector.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 12:00:03 AM »

I dont think it could have been released without some type of permission from the John camp, but I may be wrong. This is the first time i've ever heard of something like this being an anti John album. Kind of silly actually.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 12:15:40 AM »

Quote from: MagicAlex
It's anti-Phil Spector.

Yeah more like.
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 01:07:15 AM »

Its stupid. How can any Beatle album be anti-John? If anything, they added "Don't Let Me Down" which wasn't on the original LIB album and is John, no? I can't believe I'm replying to a "post for post sake" question.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 07:21:34 PM »

well its just what they said in the interview to paul, they said 'some fans' think its anti-john, and i was wondereing if anyone on here thought it was.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 12:15:20 PM »

John was actually pleased with Phil Spector's post production. He, of course, went on to use Phil's services on some of his subsequesnt solo releases.

But no, I don't think 'Naked' is anti-John in any way.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 09:25:28 PM »

It's obviously anti-John in several ways.

1.John said the Get Back/Let It Be sessions were sh*t until Spector came along to make something presentable.Paul was miffed and decided to rewrite history.

2.Most of the little, fun, side comments which have been airbrushed out were by John.Paul took them out to make the album more slick.

3.The most spontaneous song on the album, with no strings attached, was John's Dig It which Paul decided was no longer worthy of Let It Be.John, of course, wasn't consulted.

4.The honest approach would at least have been to release the original album with orchestra-less versions of the appropriate songs along with a bonus album of all other rejected songs of interest including, of course, Don't Let Me Down.Instead of which Paul decided to go for a whole different album which was the complete opposite of what the Beatles and John intended at the time of recording.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 09:26:41 PM »

He didn't say they were 'mess' he said they were 's**t'.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 11:08:01 PM »

Quote from: zipp
It's obviously anti-John in several ways.

1.John said the Get Back/Let It Be sessions were sh*t until Spector came along to make something presentable.Paul was miffed and decided to rewrite history.

2.Most of the little, fun, side comments which have been airbrushed out were by John.Paul took them out to make the album more slick.

3.The most spontaneous song on the album, with no strings attached, was John's Dig It which Paul decided was no longer worthy of Let It Be.John, of course, wasn't consulted.

4.The honest approach would at least have been to release the original album with orchestra-less versions of the appropriate songs along with a bonus album of all other rejected songs of interest including, of course, Don't Let Me Down.Instead of which Paul decided to go for a whole different album which was the complete opposite of what the Beatles and John intended at the time of recording.

Yes and no:

1. There were over 30 hours of tape Spector had to sift through. John was probably more impressed with the fact that he was able to go through it, find usable material and create something cohesive out of sessions that were anything but. John had no idea that the strings, etc., were going to be added until he got the acetate of the finished product, he just said "When I heard it, I didn't puke."

2. I think the ad-libs were removed as the whole idea was the songs 'naked', not as a slight. Because you don't hear Ringo blow his nose at the beginning of 'Dig A Pony' doesn't mean its also anti-Ringo.

3. I agree with.

4. Paul to the best of his recollection probably tried to recreate the 'Get Back' album and what was supposed to be on it, one of which was 'Don't Let Me Down'. I think it should have been a 4 CD set with the original 'Let It Be', 'Naked', and the two Glyn Johns mixes for contrast as they are excellent, that way you would have had the best of all worlds.

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 61 queries.