Other forums > Current Affairs

Mussulmen are coming

<< < (3/8) > >>

An Apple Beatle:
Thanks for the pics D. We do not seem to be seeing any of that in UK news. Is the unrest under control or the start of something bigger?

Dmitry:

--- Quote from: An Apple Beatle on December 13, 2010, 12:24:03 PM ---Thanks for the pics D. We do not seem to be seeing any of that in UK news. Is the unrest under control or the start of something bigger?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your interest!

It seems that something bigger is coming. I don't know whether it is under the control or not. Definitely something in the air, and I'm not the one who is feeling it. It is getting harder to breath. Crime rate is increasing here, every day someone is killed  :'( All independent Russian websites (livejournal, for example) is talking about various manifestations of imminent storm. They talked about revolution and so forth.

Here, what I saw on CNN just now:
Лживый репортаж CNN / CNN lies (Russia)
I'm shocked  :o
CNN is talking about protests in the East of Russia against changing time zones, that, in fact, occurred not long ago, not in Moscow, while showing the picture from the heart of Russia, near the Kremlin, when about 10 thousand young people opposed to lawlessness of police. Indeed, the CNN text is right but the picture is utterly wrong.

Dmitry:
This was on Dec. 11:
Not a Game: Football riots in Moscow after fan killed in brawl
It seems they are saying much of the truth. The one thing I doubt is that there were a lot of Neo-Naziz. Indeed there were a lot of football fans, but among then a lot of other differ people.

This was on Dec. 13:
New neo-Nazi football fan riot fear in wake of carnage at Kremlin walls

There are rumors that on the 15th of December thousands of Muslim immigrants and also people from Chechnya and Dagestan are going to march. We'll wait for tomorrow to see if something will happen.

An Apple Beatle:
I sometimes watch Russia Today here in the UK as we get it on freeview. Is it a respected Russian broadcaster in your opinion?

The use of images from another protest to convey another point is propaganda. I dislike how our opinions are fought for in this way.

Dmitry:
I don't watch TV, but from time to time I watch news and reportages in Internet. `Russia Today' as I see is covering news in Russia more truthfully. I don't trust much to CNN because I saw they lies sometimes. As about BBC, I don't know, I watched it long time ago. Many Russian TV channels here, especially central ones, are just keeping silent or don't talk about many important things - you know, `Citizens, life is good! Be happy!'.

Here is an example: In November 2010 Leonid Parfyonov became the first recipient of the Listyev Prize of `Channel One', in honour of Vladislav Listyev, a Russian journalist who was a founder of the main Russian TV channel `Channel One' and was murdered in 1995 in Moscow. On receipt of the prize, he made a speech damning Russian TV, saying “journalists are not journalists at all but bureaucrats, following the logic of service and submission”. In the past, Parfyonov had refrained from making political statements, saying "I am a professional journalist, not a professional revolutionary. My job is to report, not to climb the barricades".

People watched Leonid Parfyonov's in some ways staggering speech in Internet. There was no a word about it on TV, so much of the Russian population don't know about it   :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version