Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 184241 times)

Bobber

Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #860 on: September 24, 2016, 07:18:46 AM »

What's your job exactly then, Kagome?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bulldog

• A Beginning
« Reply #861 on: March 29, 2019, 04:37:46 PM »

Was aware of them in the 70's through songs such as 'Yellow Submarine' & 'Ob la de ob la da'.

The publicity after John was shot made me more aware. Then my dad gave me the 67-70 Blue album. Still remember the magic of hearing those songs for the first time.

Slowly built up a collection of Beatles albums. Last album I bought was 'Let it Be', 10 years later. Not sure why I left it so late, as it's a great album.

glassonion

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #862 on: July 05, 2020, 03:11:05 PM »

I got into the Beatles in 1976 when Got to Get You Into My Life was a single and was being played frequently on the radio (Beatles' version, not Earth Wind and Fire's version). From there I got the Rock N Roll Music double album, the one with the silver cover and the thumbs.

KelMar

« Reply #863 on: July 05, 2020, 05:03:10 PM »

I got into the Beatles in 1976 when Got to Get You Into My Life was a single and was being played frequently on the radio (Beatles' version, not Earth Wind and Fire's version). From there I got the Rock N Roll Music double album, the one with the silver cover and the thumbs.

Welcome back to the forum, glassonion!
I remember when that (re)hit the airwaves in 1976. I already loved The Beatles thanks to my older siblings but I didn't know this song well because my sister's album collection ended with Rubber Soul. I can just picture her listening to Revolver at a friend's house and the impression Tomorrow Never Knows must have made!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Page created in 0.664 seconds with 40 queries.