Other forums > Different Conversations

the British superiority in rock

(1/5) > >>

Bacchus:
First of i'm a yank but Let's face it the british brought a certain sophistication to rock and expanded the genre melodically.After thinking about it almost all my favorite bands are british.I think they got us beat:The beatles,the stones,the who,led zeppelin,jethro tull,sabbath,yes,moody blues,pink floyd,deep purple,traffic,cream....man the redcoats kicked our asses! ;D

Wayne L.:
It's true that England has produced great legendary rock bands like the Beatles, the Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath & Deep Purple but the USA has produced GREAT legendary rock bands as well from the Beach Boys, the Byrds, the Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith & Kiss.

Bacchus:
[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1086438037,s=1 date=1086438686]It's true that England has produced great legendary rock bands like the Beatles, the Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath & Deep Purple but the USA has produced GREAT legendary rock bands as well from the Beach Boys, the Byrds, the Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith & Kiss. [/quote]
True,ofcourse America produced a lot of great bands no doubt.With the exception of kiss all those bands you mentioned were great, i would add the allman brothers and the grateful dead.But i just don't think they compare to the british contribution.

Wayne L.:
I agree with you about the Allman Bros. & the Grateful Dead but I think Kiss is greatlegendary rock band with timeless rock classics like Rock & Roll Alnight, Detroit Rock City & I Want You speaking as an old fan from the 70's if the critics WOULD forget about the makeup & the tongue of Gene Simmons.

Ssarah:
Yeah we had the British Invasion where a whole bunch of British groups came over and were really popular... But we still have Elvis... so you know. (not that I really like Elvis hehe)   I don't think they have more beat...I think its all about the same...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version