Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Best Rubber Soul Song  (Read 24367 times)

Re: Best Rubber Soul Song
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2004, 01:38:23 AM »

Anyway, it's a tossup between NORWEGIAN WOOD and IN MY LIFE for me. Guess I'd go with IN MY LIFE.

*And in a very uncharacteristic Beatle Album Move for me, I too prefer the American version of RUBBER SOUL. I'm so used to growing up with I'VE JUST SEEN A FACE and IT'S ONLY LOVE on it....
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2004, 02:21:40 AM »

thanks joe

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2004, 05:07:55 AM »

I burnt the American albums to some CD-Rs.........I prefer the UK version by a mile....then again, I heard that tracklisting millions of times before I heard the US one, so I just couldn't live without "Drive My Car" and "Nowhere Man" on there....

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2004, 03:07:48 PM »

the american version is burnt into my mind...don't need a stereo anymore, just a slap to the head and it plays!
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2004, 04:02:45 PM »

The Beatles were British, and they chose the songs they were to include in each album. That's why I prefer British albums. It's their decision anyway...
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2004, 04:20:31 PM »

I wasnt dissing America in any way, how could I, when so much of English Life is influenced by America?
I was Just commenting, saying I feel I (as an individual) can relate to the Northern Spirit of their work, something that people abroad might not grasp..(or not properly).
 Secondly, I feel calling me narrow-minded is tinged with a mix of hilarity and Irony, as you then proceed to call me a ' limey dirtbag' ..and rope in issues which hold no relevance.. e.g. the blazing political war which is raging on.

I feel directing petty grief towards my goverment is ridiculous, especially when you have a monster like Bush in control, and the Civil War of political opinion is devouring your country.

Please Keep other 'world' debates out of an Internet Forum, as no one will get anywhere, and I would prefer to argue such comments in person..then again you might chuck your Starbucks all over me.

Just joking, thought I might aswell add a narrow-minded stereotypical Viewpoint into the boil. :)
I like America,
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2004, 05:03:34 PM »

where are you from indica, just curious, i have a fairly good knowledge of england.....i like england, anyway.....i'm sure the beatles had good reasons for filling out their albums in their way.....thus the uproar over the butcher snub to the united states, i guess it's all a matter of what you're used to. i just couldn't imagine rubber soul without that intro to i've just seen a face.... or no "in my life".....to me, it's strange to see nowhere man on the british version.....however, i'm sure abbey road would have been a lot different if the back side were rearranged!.....anyway, give us, from across the big pond, our version of things if we choose, because they sit fondly in our memories...as do your versions
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2004, 06:10:31 PM »

Dude, what's wrong with Starbucks! I couldn't live without my grande mocha frappuccinos! ;D

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2004, 09:17:12 PM »

DRIVE MY CAR, WHAT GOES ON and NOWHERE MAN just never sounded like they fit the mood of Rubber Soul. Maybe it's because I grew up on them as a kid on the American YESTERDAY AND TODAY album.

To me, RUBBER SOUL makes me feel like I'm listening to an acoustic guitar near a fire in a log cabin in the woods or something. That's why I'VE JUST SEEN A FACE and IT'S ONLY LOVE seem to fit better for me than DRIVE MY CAR, NOWHERE MAN and WHAT GOES ON do (though IF I NEEDED SOMEONE seems to fit).

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2004, 11:51:12 PM »

Im from the North East of England.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2004, 11:10:58 AM »

[quote by=IndicaWalrus link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1091798505,s=25 date=1092414031]I wasnt dissing America in any way, how could I, when so much of English Life is influenced by America?
I was Just commenting, saying I feel I (as an individual) can relate to the Northern Spirit of their work, something that people abroad might not grasp..(or not properly).
 Secondly, I feel calling me narrow-minded is tinged with a mix of hilarity and Irony, as you then proceed to call me a ' limey dirtbag' ..and rope in issues which hold no relevance.. e.g. the blazing political war which is raging on.

I feel directing petty grief towards my goverment is ridiculous, especially when you have a monster like Bush in control, and the Civil War of political opinion is devouring your country.

Please Keep other 'world' debates out of an Internet Forum, as no one will get anywhere, and I would prefer to argue such comments in person..then again you might chuck your Starbucks all over me.

Just joking, thought I might aswell add a narrow-minded stereotypical Viewpoint into the boil. :)
I like America, [/quote]ok so i jumped the proverbial gun........i apauliegize for my unlady like attitude....
and will not be a d ick again

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2004, 10:37:17 PM »

No need for such a dramatic apology.
I can see why comment may have been taken out of context.

Your just patriotic, thats all.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2004, 10:46:15 PM »

not actually i maybe more critical of america than you think.my mothers family roots here stem from welch shipbuilders who settled jamestown,an early pre america settlement settlement lol or was that a british settlement?.and my dads people were irish and indian when the got here who knows.a good guess is probale that they were victims of drop off isolation like austrailians.
so to me everybody here is a foriegner.but i love this country.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2004, 10:49:06 PM »

how old are you pc31?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2004, 11:17:38 PM »

41 going on 16.......................

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2004, 03:11:43 AM »

I choose In My Life. It's my all time favourite Beatles song.

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2004, 03:20:06 PM »

Can't choose. I love 'em all. :)

Stratford

• A Beginning
  • Young and unlearned
    • Lair of tilly
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2004, 03:47:50 PM »

*Cough* I still think I'm looking through you is the greatest song on the album. I really think Paul showed how much he had developed as a songwriter with that one.
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly.
George Harrison[/righ

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2004, 01:08:04 AM »

Im Looking through you - A great song, which really sums up Mccartney around 1965-early 66.
Love the ending..the improvised emphasis..fading off...great.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 10:44:28 PM »

Many greats there, but I really like 'The Word'. Always energizing.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 85 queries.