Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lori Lieberman  (Read 849 times)

KelMar

Lori Lieberman
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:25:39 AM »

I just came across this last night and I really like Lori Lieberman's voice. She recorded this song before Roberta Flack had a big hit with it. She didn't write it but related her reaction to hearing Don McLean perform his song "Empty Chairs" to songwriters Charles Fox and Norman Gimbel. They went on to write the song but later denied that Lori had any input into it. Earlier interviews with Fox and Gimbel seem to back her up though. That's kind of a petty thing, really. I never cared for this song that much until I heard this version. It's a shame she didn't have the hit with it.

http://youtu.be/cTyGLBANuOg

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Lori Lieberman
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 04:13:44 AM »

Count on Mike Douglas to recognize talent.  He had her back on his show a few weeks later.  I remember these two appearances.

Lori Lieberman Mike Douglas Show feat. Billy Jean King
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

Re: Lori Lieberman
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:31:34 AM »

Count on Mike Douglas to recognize talent.  He had her back on his show a few weeks later.  I remember these two appearances.

I don't remember these episodes in particular but I sure do remember that my mom often had Mike Douglas on in the afternoon. Sometimes it was Merv Griffin. I remember Jan Murray too! And Billie Jean. She looks so much younger here than I perceived her to be at the time. LOL

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 41 queries.