Beatles forums > Songs

Evolution of The Beatles Setlist

<< < (3/3)

Bobber:

--- Quote from: Gregorio on July 08, 2012, 12:32:28 AM ---My first post here.

--- End quote ---

I have seen worse first posts. ha2ha  Welcome aboard Gregorio!

Kevin:

--- Quote from: TomMo on June 05, 2012, 12:12:18 AM ---Ever read the specific terms in the contract between the Beatles and Brian Epstein. In addition to giving him authority to negotiate on their behalf and planning tours, the majority of the contract deals with Brian controlling their stage shows. Basically, Brian micromanaged their shows, including their setlists. How much input the Beatles had is not known, but Brian had complete authority over every aspect of their shows.

--- End quote ---

Ooh I like that. There's always that silly debate about how Paul took over Johns Alpha-Beatle role in 67, when in fact there was no alpha beatle in the Epstein era. They signed themselves over lock stock and barrel, almost every decision outside songwriting being made for them. Add to that stories such as George Martin saying Epstein would come to him for the next single, and he (Martin) would decide which was the suitable release, and we see how little control the band had outside the studio during the Beatlemania years.

InstantKarma:
nice

Klang:

--- Quote from: InstantKarma on August 09, 2013, 03:42:31 PM ---nice

--- End quote ---

Yea? Why so?

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version