Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 640158 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8600 on: September 06, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »

UGH my kids' new computer has 8, and it took me literally about 15 minutes to figure out how to turn the darn thing off! Of course, the kids had it all figured out in no time.  ha2ha
That happened to me too! ha2ha! I was literally yelling at the thing trying to shut it off!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

« Reply #8601 on: September 06, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »

That happened to me too! ha2ha! I was literally yelling at the thing trying to shut it off!

Yes, they did a fine job of hiding the power button.

KelMar

« Reply #8602 on: September 06, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »

I've been following your and Kelley's (and others') posts in the Genealogy thread with a lot of interest.

You guys won't believe what I found the other night. A newspaper in Springfield Missouri had an article on their website about a man's military service. He was on the crew of a B-24 that my dad piloted! He mentioned Daddy by name, which was how I found it. I sent the author my contact info and she called him and got voicemail but will pass it on to him when he calls back. He's 93 years old and very sharp. I hope he calls me.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8603 on: September 06, 2013, 06:53:50 PM »

Oh, that is VERY cool, Kelley!  I hope you hear from him!

nimrod

« Reply #8604 on: September 07, 2013, 12:25:42 AM »

You guys won't believe what I found the other night. A newspaper in Springfield Missouri had an article on their website about a man's military service. He was on the crew of a B-24 that my dad piloted! He mentioned Daddy by name, which was how I found it. I sent the author my contact info and she called him and got voicemail but will pass it on to him when he calls back. He's 93 years old and very sharp. I hope he calls me.

WOW !!.......Detective Kelley :)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8605 on: September 07, 2013, 02:31:35 AM »

Wow, B-24 was a great plane. Took a lot of stamina to fly one though.
I worked with a guy that flew one, Steve Mayciak(?) in the 90's and boy did he have some stories. He flew on the first Ploesti raid and survived and later in Europe flew in actor Jimmy Stewarts outfit.
Do you have any pictures?
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8606 on: September 14, 2013, 10:25:42 PM »

Cleaned the fridge today! Took out all racks, shelves drawers etc... Turned it off for a few hours washed everything inside and out! Love it, nice and shiny clean!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8607 on: September 15, 2013, 05:17:34 PM »

Cleaned the fridge today! Took out all racks, shelves drawers etc... Turned it off for a few hours washed everything inside and out! Love it, nice and shiny clean!

That is a nice feeling. I'll need to do that soon, and vacuum the coils. We found out the hard way one Christmas Eve that too much dog hair on them can seriously impair the fridge's ability to cool.  roll:)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8608 on: September 15, 2013, 05:29:51 PM »

That is a nice feeling. I'll need to do that soon, and vacuum the coils. We found out the hard way one Christmas Eve that too much dog hair on them can seriously impair the fridge's ability to cool.  roll:)
True, That was done not too long ago. The oven is on clean mode now! It needs it bad. It's a good weekend to get the domestic stuff done as not much else is going on.
Mark Twain

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8609 on: September 27, 2013, 01:35:16 AM »

Guys! Guys! Guys! I have applied for a job, been through an interview and now I have been told they are doing a reference check... That's always a good sign!

Pray for me!!!!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8610 on: September 27, 2013, 01:52:46 AM »

Guys! Guys! Guys! I have applied for a job, been through an interview and now I have been told they are doing a reference check... That's always a good sign!

Pray for me!!!!

It is a good sign, KE.  And I will.
I can stay till it's time to go

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #8611 on: September 27, 2013, 02:33:26 AM »

Pray for me!!!!

Will do.  Hope you get the job.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

KelMar

« Reply #8612 on: September 27, 2013, 02:36:35 AM »

Prayers just sent KE. I do hope you get it!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8613 on: September 27, 2013, 02:39:29 AM »

Pray for me!!!!
Prayer sent!
Mark Twain

Bobber

« Reply #8614 on: September 27, 2013, 07:44:07 AM »

Pray for me!!!!

I don't pray. But good karma is sent over. Kind of same thing.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8615 on: September 27, 2013, 05:25:22 PM »

I'll say a quick prayer right now. Good luck and keep us updated!  :)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8616 on: September 30, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »

Thanks guys :D I like how I need to tell the DMers my news hehe it's like a virtual family :) but sadly the job ppl haven't called back yet..... Waiting,hoping, praying

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

KelMar

« Reply #8617 on: September 30, 2013, 04:10:09 PM »

Thanks guys :D I like how I need to tell the DMers my news hehe it's like a virtual family :) but sadly the job ppl haven't called back yet..... Waiting,hoping, praying

Hang in there, KE. Maybe they are just having trouble getting ahold of one of your references.

nimrod

« Reply #8618 on: September 30, 2013, 11:05:01 PM »

Good luck KE hope you get it ;)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8619 on: October 01, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »

The National Zoo's pandacam is down.....just one more tiny reason (out of many much bigger ones) to be annoyed with the clods on Capitol Hill..... roll:)

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/national-zoo-panda-cam-goes-dark-in-shutdown
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 527

Page created in 0.798 seconds with 79 queries.