Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Miss O'Dell  (Read 2652 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Miss O'Dell
« on: October 11, 2009, 07:56:24 PM »

Miss O'Dell
My Hard Days and Long Nights with The Beatles, The Stones, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, and the Women They Loved   

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Miss-O'Dell/Chris-O'Dell/9781416590934

By Chris O'Dell
with: Katherine Ketcham

Touchstone, October 2009

Hardcover, 416 pages

ISBN-10: 1416590935

ISBN-13: 9781416590934

CHRIS O'DELL WASN'T FAMOUS. SHE WASN'T EVEN ALMOST FAMOUS. BUT SHE WAS THERE.

She was in the studio when the Beatles recorded The White Album, Abbey Road, and Let It Be, and when Paul recorded "Hey Jude," she sang in the chorus.

She was at Ringo's kitchen table when George Harrison said, "You know, Ringo, I'm in love with your wife." And Ringo replied, "Better you than someone we don't know."

She typed the lyrics to George Harrison's All Things Must Pass. She lived with George and Pattie Boyd at Friar Park, developed a crush on Eric Clapton, and unwittingly got involved in the famous love story between Eric and Pattie.

She's the subject of Leon Russell's "Pisces Apple Lady," a song he wrote to woo her. Other rock legends with whom she was intimate include Ringo, Mick Jagger, and Bob Dylan.

She worked with the Rolling Stones as their personal assistant on their infamous 1972 tour and did a drug run for Keith Richards.

She's "the woman down the hall" in Joni Mitchell's song "Coyote" about a love triangle on Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue tour. She's the "mystery woman" pictured on the back of the Rolling Stones album Exile on Main Street. She's the "Miss O'Dell" of George Harrison's song about her.

Miss O'Dell is the remarkable story of an ordinary woman who lived the dream of millions -- to be part of rock royalty's trusted inner circle. Illustrated with private photographs and jam-packed with intimate anecdotes, Miss O'Dell is a backstage pass to some of the most momentous events in rock history.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Miss O'Dell
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 01:57:12 AM »

I love groupie books! But none will ever top I'm With the Band by Pamela Des Barres.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

whitneyfaro

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 04:33:26 AM »

Pretty spectacular read! It's very easy to relate to and almost feels like this could have happened to you!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 12:09:41 AM »

i have her on my facebook, lovely lady!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 46 queries.