Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Looking for a Harrison Web Page  (Read 1565 times)

Dr Robert

• One And One Is Two
Looking for a Harrison Web Page
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:23:55 PM »

Hello! First time poster. Been lurking around for a little while now and I decided it's time to start posting!

A while back, I came across a web page that talked in detail about George's development as a songwriter during his Beatles days. It had different sections for different time periods and went over each of his songs (I believed it referred to his songs as "Harrisongs"). It also talked about George's mindset and delved into why he wrote what he wrote and why he decided to take periodic breaks from songwriting. The author of the web site concludes with the proposal that at the end of his days as a Beatle, George's songs were on the same level of those of Paul and John.

My problem is I can't find this web page anymore! Has anyone heard of the site that I'm referring to? I'd love to read through it again, but unfortunately all of my searches for it have been fruitless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bobber

Re: Looking for a Harrison Web Page
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:01:23 PM »

Hi and welcome.

Not sure if you mean this one. There's a couple of George fans around here that might be able to help you better than me.

Anyway, it's worth checking out anyway: http://www.allthingsmustpass.com

Dr Robert

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:12:36 AM »

Thanks for the response! However, I don't think that's it. I think the web page I'm referring to might even be a section of a general Beatles web site. But the section is very in depth and it made for great reading.

DoBotherMe

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 07:13:20 PM »

I only know of Simon Leng's book "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" for indepth study of George's music. You might want to post your questions here: http://www.georgeharrison.com/board Dana ; )

Dr Robert

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »

I finally found the web page! I was looking at the Wikipedia page for "You Know What to Do," and it linked to the page. This is a great read, and I recommend it for all George Harrison fans out there!

http://www.geocities.com/~hammodotcom/beathoven/harrisx.htm

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 09:54:16 PM »

Oh, yes, I've seen that one. I remember enjoying it thoroughly. Thanks for the link, Dr. Robert!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:54:34 PM »

Good for you you found it. I'll read it when I'm finished with allthingsmustpass.  ;D

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 48 queries.