Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Rooftop Concert  (Read 7154 times)

Re: The Rooftop Concert
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004, 12:18:45 PM »

the other half is outtakes and personal commentary...............and the Best of the Movie

Yoko scream (like always) Paul makes with his bass a feedback, and as a guest Peter Sellers that studios visits.

I Hope next Year in Spring came the DVD on the Market.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2004, 06:09:36 PM »

I love the Version of Get Back.. Where Paul shouts "Oh get back Joe" in a red-neck style old man's voice.

..Plus..the Coolest Man in Music Tag* is easily explained with Mccartney during the rooftop session.. :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2004, 10:12:39 AM »

I am surprised it has not been out on DVD a lot sooner. I suppose they had to keep marketing space for the anthologies first.
Now I am a lot more interested in the longer show. Still marvelling at this 2hr gem though.
Love Macca explaining about the India footage of Beatles to John, George and Ringo that he had just seen. Well phased by it. lol.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2004, 07:49:28 PM »

Yes, I love that part too. Still can't imagine how come Linda wasn't jealous knowing that Paul was talking about him and Jane Asher so openly.
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

Whistler

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2004, 02:31:37 AM »

[quote by=An_Apple_Beatle link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1079386701,s=22 date=1100686359]I am surprised it has not been out on DVD a lot sooner. I suppose they had to keep marketing space for the anthologies first.
Now I am a lot more interested in the longer show. Still marvelling at this 2hr gem though.
Love Macca explaining about the India footage of Beatles to John, George and Ringo that he had just seen. Well phased by it. lol.[/quote]

The thing is Paul has stated he hopes to add some of the "lost" Abbey Road sessions to the Let It Be DVD, early this year it was to be released in time for christmas, but might be longer (next spring?) due to more editing, we'll just have to hope its out soon.
Roof Top concert was the Beatles last LIVE concert, I also enjoy Paul when he said "Your Momma will have you arrested for playing on the roof" Get Back!
and the cops (bobbies) never did pull the plug, try tried, you can see George plugging his back in, after one unplugged his amp, so the cops let them finish
 the session. I wish I was there, but only in theater, Get Back Jo Jo....
And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2004, 03:41:44 AM »

I think Mal is the one that pulled the plug, not the cops