Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anthology complaints  (Read 8481 times)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Anthology complaints
« on: June 23, 2004, 02:11:38 AM »

Now i loved Anthology, but i was disapointed in many areas.  I wish they had talked about Kohn's death, and more about the breakup and afterwards, it just sort of abrubtly stopped.  Thoughts....

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Anthology complaints
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 12:25:19 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1087956698,s=0 date=1087956698] I wish they had talked about Kohn's death[/quote]

I like the first 'Star Trek' better. (just joking)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 12:45:36 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1087956698,s=1 date=1088036719]

I like the first 'Star Trek' better. (just joking)[/quote]

LOL! That made me spit my water out!!!! ;D

Wayne L.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 09:02:02 PM »

I thought the Anthology documentary was too damn long despite great classic footage of the Beatles since it should have been more like The Kids Are Alright by the Who, 25/5 by the Stones, Don't Blame Me by Ozzy Osbourne & Exposed by Kiss even though it was great seeing Paul, George & Ringo together.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 09:30:39 PM »

The "official" reason they stopped at the breakup is because it was only supposed to be about the Beatle years (tho they liberally dipped into their childhood eras).

Obviously both the breakup and John's death would have been a major bummer, and their thoughts on John would be best being kept personal anyway.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 03:32:04 AM »

I agree with that, Mister Charlie ...

My complaint about the Anthology was that they skipped over the whole
"Paul is Dead" rumors. Sure it was a hoax in their book ( is it him? or is it memorex???), but you must admit, it was a big deal at the time. They might have left it out so that they wouldn't open that can of worms again to a brand new audience or to those who hadn't heard about this story. If anything, they could have just said, "It wasn't real ... it was all in ppl's imagination and they read into our music and put meaning to things that weren't even there" Done deal. But at least mention it. I on the other hand love the story and all the clues. Its fascinating.

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 03:50:29 PM »

Hell, I wish they could do an ANTHOLOGY 2 with only solo material. I love The Beatles as a group, but after awhile it's good to expand.

daytrip202

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 05:49:37 PM »

I personally love the entire Anthology, but there is so much missing from the story.  Cynthia Lennon is virtually ignored with, and I don't remember Jane Asher being mentioned at all.  Perhaps they did not deem them important enough, but they were IMHO.  I did not think of the Paul is Dead rumour, but that should definitly have ben included.   I guess you can't fit it all in though.  I'm happy with it overall.  Books need to be read as well.
STILL p*ssED AT YOKO

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2004, 08:48:41 PM »

I would have liked it to have been a little more historically correct. I think it was difficult for each individual Beatle to remember everything! Perhaps they should have gone through a little refresher course first!

That's not a complaint though - I love it, and have watched the videos, and now DVD's, OVER and OVER again!

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 11:17:28 PM »

[quote by=daytrip202 link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1087956698,s=7 date=1090604977]I personally love the entire Anthology, but there is so much missing from the story.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 05:48:23 PM »

But Yoko was dedicated a chapter if my mind serves me right. And I think she did influence JOHN, but Pattie was also the inspiration behind "Something" and she is hardly mentioned...
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 06:24:19 PM »

I think they should have made the whole childhood/influences part shorter, seemed way too long for me.

They should have said something about the Paul is dead thing, I agree. Wonder why they didn't...

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 06:46:42 PM »

Maybe because Paul woulnd't talk any more about it?
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

visitorfromarticcircle

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 08:59:31 AM »

My wish-list for anthology

I wish they have include  more of those old interviews in them, they are really fanny. And one tv-clip ??  i saw,   when they were given some prize cup  and they started to fight about it! ..plus that  tv-interview, where Paul admit  that he have take LSD. He looked good in it too! But you cannot have everything...

About  wifes and girlfrends.. i think it was wise to stick just in the music and beatles. There was a lot of them documents before anthology about them, when all possible people - except them - where talking about Beatles.

And also if you start to include wifes and girlfrends etc...How do you decide where to stop,  you know what i mean ??  And i wonder, if any  guy  would like to see their ex-wifes in document concerning their work or  Yoko in that matter. But  i do admit that it  would be inresting... :o And i do like to see anthology solo too!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2004, 07:55:37 PM »

The anthology was great, but alot of areas were just left out.
I feel the DVD anthology set was for the fans who just wanted the music videos..which..is great..but huge areas..such as Mccartney living with the Ashers..etc were just ignored.

You need context, and foundations to explain the songs.
They done a great job, and the menu's etc are really well done...but its sort of rushed towards the end.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

thenoteleks

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2004, 02:47:18 AM »

anthology complaints...

not long enough

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 05:09:59 AM »

Okay I have a question,  I thought that Let it be was the Beatles last album, but why did they say in the anthology that abbey road was there last album?  Was it to make everyone think that the beatles left off on a good note?  Whats the deal?

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2004, 05:19:35 AM »

[quote by=Wordno link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1087956698,s=16 date=1095829799]Okay I have a question,

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2004, 05:23:47 AM »

Oh I see, okay that makes me feel better.  It's good to know that they did leave off on a good note.

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2004, 08:40:02 AM »

i thought the dvd skipped out to much stuff, especially the hamburg period. but its great for old footage. the book is much better an much more detailed but as its by the beatles they dont talk about some of the stuff that an outsider would talk about, but thats expected.
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 89 queries.