Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Which Beatles-related places should my friend visit?  (Read 1646 times)

Brynjar

• Getting Better
Which Beatles-related places should my friend visit?
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:29:57 PM »

My friend is going to Liverpool to attend a conference. He will be there for a couple of days and also in London. He has some time to kill and was asking me which Beatles-related places he should pay a visit.
I was wondering, apart from Abbey Road in London, which other place is essential to visit? What would be number two.. you know for man who is not a crazy Beatle fan? And in Liverpool – maybe the Magicial Mystery Tour is enough for the casual music-fan? Yes?
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Re: Which Beatles-related places should my friend visit?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »

not the dark places ;D

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 05:46:27 PM »

In London he can go and see where the rooftop concert took place. It's right in the centre of London so he can go shopping at the same time.

I haven't done the MMT tour but I imagine it's a good idea. And/or he can do the National Trust tour to see John and Paul's houses.

fabfour

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 10:21:54 AM »

I went on the Magical Mystery Tour when i was in Liverpool , it was good but it was limited, we got out of the bus at Forthlin Road but not at Mendips or Ringos 2 homes,
we pulled up outside the building that was the cover of Sentimental Journey but didn't get out, we went to Penny Lane and got out at the other end of the road to the roundabout,
we visited George's Arnold Grove residence but not the one in Speke and the guy who runs the tour wouldn't part with any knowledge outside of that particular tour unless you paid for the follow up tour around Matthew Street and NEMS etc.. All i wanted to know was the exact location of NEMS but he wouldn't tell me... I can't give the tour a big tick.

I think the taxi tours are better, they get out of the cab at all locations but they are more expensive...

If you go to London then visit Abbey Road, Cavendish Avenue and 3 saville road, you could also then walk to Soho Square and see Paul's MPL office...

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »

Thanks fabfour.

I wish this message board was more active sometimes..

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:57:25 PM by Brynjar »
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 46 queries.