Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SSG-Sgt. Pepper  (Read 5913 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: SSG-Sgt. Pepper
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007, 03:32:01 PM »

^ LOL! But what if some people want to list Rev 9 as their favorite? I'm sure there's one...
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2007, 03:45:55 PM »

Quote from: 185
I know this is a bit far ahead, but can we disqualify Rev 9 as "worst" for the White Album? It was never intended to be compared to a song, and there are some tracks that were supposed to be songs that are so much more deserving of our derision.

I've thought about this. There are 4 tracks as far as I can see, that are coming up.

Revolution 9
Her Majesty
Dig It
Maggie Mae

Rev 9 I'm all for excluding, as it's not a song, as such. Maggie Mae is just a bit of incedental messing around, part of a soundtrack. Her Majesty was there by accident. I may run a poll. I'm sure Rev 9 will run away with the wooden spoon contest if it's included.

On the other hand, if they're track listed then you could argue that they should go in.

Can someone get me off this damned fence!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2007, 07:59:54 PM »

BlueMeanie

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 08:00:20 PM »

Anyone who hasn't voted yet, do your worst, or forever hold your piece!

Voting finishes on Sunday 12 noon GMT.

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2007, 08:33:30 PM »

I must be in the minority here, but I'm not one of the legions of Beatle fans that hate "Revolution 9". I agree that it isn't a song--more a post modern aural collage--and shouldn't be compared to musical pieces by the Beatles. I actually love where it's positioned on TWA. It's kind of atmospheric and adds to the appreciation of the songs that precede and follow it on the album. I certainly dont hate it as much as "What's The New Mary Jane?" -a track that makes even "You Know My Name..etc." sound like a masterpiece.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »

Quote from: 829
I must be in the minority here, but I'm not one of the legions of Beatle fans that hate "Revolution 9". I agree that it isn't a song--more a post modern aural collage--and shouldn't be compared to musical pieces by the Beatles. I actually love where it's positioned on TWA. It's kind of atmospheric and adds to the appreciation of the songs that precede and follow it on the album. I certainly dont hate it as much as "What's The New Mary Jane?" -a track that makes even "You Know My Name..etc." sound like a masterpiece.

Well, I'll leave the poll another week and see how it goes. My feeling is, I'll leave it, and the others in.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2007, 12:06:24 PM »

Quote from: 360

Kinda redresses the balance!

i wanted to include the sgt pepper inner groove as my number 3 actually. now that was a revolution in itself.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Lissy

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2007, 07:59:45 PM »

1) A Day in the life
2) Within You Without You
3) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

Worst:
Good Morning Good Morning
<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2007, 08:36:55 AM »

There's still time to vote folks, if you haven't already. Not much of a close race, this one, but a couple of votes for the right songs could change everything. You have 2 1/2 hours left!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.933 seconds with 55 queries.