Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: bill harry blog  (Read 1703 times)

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
bill harry blog
« on: June 19, 2008, 02:47:32 PM »

I have decided to do a weekly blog. The first is available on www.billharry.blogspot.com This week I discuss David Balfe, former member of Teardrop Explodes and Echo & the Bunnymen

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
Re: bill harry blog
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 03:55:19 PM »

Quote from: 1062
I have decided to do a weekly blog. The first is available on www.billharry.blogspot.com This week I discuss David Balfe, former member of Teardrop Explodes and Echo & the Bunnymen

And also man behind one of my favourite bands Blur :) i think he was part of there label Emi Food

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 07:10:28 PM »

Yes, I was with David in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago when we were both on a seminar at the Hard Day's Night Hotel to discuss the history of Mersey Music. 'The Country House' is where Dave lives. Blur wrote their hit, inspired by it. I've been researching the entire history of Mersey Music from the 50s to the present day and will be covering lots of artists in stories and anecdotes on the blog.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 02:30:32 AM »

that is great news sir william...i hope you are read world wide for many years to come.....

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »

Idea to put the url of your blog into the signature, Bill? I can do it for you if you don't know how.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 07:17:59 AM »

We're off to Liverpool tomorrow, but only for a few days. On Monday we're going to 'The Beat Goes On' exhibition which covers 60 years of Mersey music. We're also going to the Klimt exhibition at the Tate Liverpool. There is also a Stuart Sutcliffe exhibition which opened today, but I'm not sure if we have the time to attend it. If not, we'll go when we return to Liverpool at the end of the year, it's on for a few months.

Page created in 0.39 seconds with 45 queries.