Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Why George Harrison Was Known as the Spiritual Beatle  (Read 648 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Why George Harrison Was Known as the Spiritual Beatle
« on: November 12, 2011, 06:27:43 AM »

Huffington Post
November 10, 2011
Why George Harrison Was Known as the Spiritual Beatle

The Beatles exist apart from my self. I am not really Beatle George. Beatle George is like a suit or shirt that I once wore on occasion, and until the end of my life people may see that shirt and mistake it for me." -- George Harrison.I was working as a musician in the 1970s, and very late one night during a recording session at Capitol Records, George Harrison just sort of wandered in and sat down to listen. Since he knew the producer of the session, he decided to stay for a "few minutes." We all sat and talked, drank a few beers, and sang background harmonies together... for the better part of five hours. I can report to you that the above quote depicts exactly how he showed up that evening. He was not wearing his Beatles identity, he was just a guy named George, hanging out like a kid with some of his buddies in a garage band.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dennis-merritt-jones/george-harrison-spiritual-_b_1080182.html
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 37 queries.