Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Phil Collins Retire's  (Read 8082 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Phil Collins Retire's
« on: April 27, 2008, 10:31:01 AM »

I've just been reading that Phil Collins is retiring from music , he will not record again or play live . That's a bit sad i think ,although i was never a big fan i did like his first two solo albums .
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

Re: Phil Collins Retire's
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 11:01:42 AM »

His first two albums are excellent. And he is a superb drummer. It's unusual for a musician to announce that they're retiring.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 01:03:31 PM »

And Genesis toured fairly recently. I missed the show but heard that it was really great. Too bad.

:-/

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:07:26 PM »

Quote from: 483
His first two albums are excellent. And he is a superb drummer. It's unusual for a musician to announce that they're retiring.

No, they usually announce a huge farewell tour, jack up ticket prices, sell crummy farewell tour t-shirts for outrages prices to unsuspecting fans and then a year or two later announce the big comeback tour. And the cycle starts all over again. At least Phil announced his retirement AFTER he toured. Maybe he's got some respect for his fans. Now that would be unusual.

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:19:52 PM »

(dance)

Suusssusuus   sh*te . eo !

Yeh, thats right i was`nt a fan .
Now Peter Gabriel , now your talkin.  :)
Wallflower Has Blossomed

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »

who's phil collins?
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »

Exactly  ;D
Wallflower Has Blossomed

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 08:34:57 PM »

no, honestly, who's phil collins?
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 08:48:10 PM »

He was a drummer for a not very good prog rock band called Genisis , and Peter Gabriel , saw the light [get it] and he left and so Mr phill collins took over the singing and it was all down hill from then on , then lord the 80s came and he did some solo stuff . which was even worse than the genisis stuff and he was a tank top yuppie loved pop star and did a lot of bad acting and then he played with the gods Led Zeppelin and lord he messed that up , so much , the Zepp never played again for years and years , and so he has hung up his drum sticks , yes thats right the Kite will not miss him at all .
I Thank You .

I excelled myself there DaveRam  :P
Wallflower Has Blossomed

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 08:49:55 PM »

hehe...so he was a not-very-good drummer!!!! i know some of those! ;D

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 08:52:05 PM »

Not good at anything , in my little humble of opinion  ::)
Wallflower Has Blossomed

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »

ah, so hes much like george w. bush?

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 09:15:50 PM »

I actually like Phil Collins.  I wish I had a chance to see him.  His earlier stuff was really good in my opinion.
<br />

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 11:53:59 AM »

Quote from: 449
He was a drummer for a not very good prog rock band called Genisis , and Peter Gabriel , saw the light [get it] and he left and so Mr phill collins took over the singing and it was all down hill from then on , then lord the 80s came and he did some solo stuff . which was even worse than the genisis stuff and he was a tank top yuppie loved pop star and did a lot of bad acting and then he played with the gods Led Zeppelin and lord he messed that up , so much , the Zepp never played again for years and years , and so he has hung up his drum sticks , yes thats right the Kite will not miss him at all .
I Thank You .

I excelled myself there DaveRam  :P

LOL " Tank Top Yuppie " very funny , there's  a character for your book ?

(jumping)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 01:46:05 AM »

Quote from: 449
Not good at anything , in my little humble of opinion  ::)

Well, my opinion is that your opinion sucks.

A not so great prog band? Lol! Genesis was an incredible band. Also, saying that Phil Collins couldnt drum,,,maybe the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet. I understand if you dont care for him or the band, but to say such things is crazy.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 11:28:54 AM »

I was listening to " Face Value " yesterday afternoon i've not played it for yonks , it really is a fantastic album . I'd forgotten it spent 274 weeks on the UK album charts .(clap)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »

I enjoyed Phil Colins both with Genesis and as a solo artist. I think he's got a great voice and that's good for drummers. My drummer friend complains that his band would never let him sing because "everyone knows" the drummer doesn't sing-- thanks to Ringo! So Phil was a nice balance.

Quote from: 216
At least Phil announced his retirement AFTER he toured. Maybe he's got some respect for his fans. Now that would be unusual.
I don't really know anything about him personally except he's apparently a Beatles fan. (He narrated the "Making of HDN" special). But this does sound like a decent move, timing-wise.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 07:58:45 PM »

Quote from: 551
(He narrated the "Making of HDN" special). But this does sound like a decent move, timing-wise.

He was in it!

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »

Quote from: 373

Well, my opinion is that your opinion sucks.

A not so great prog band? Lol! Genesis was an incredible band. Also, saying that Phil Collins couldnt drum,,,maybe the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet. I understand if you dont care for him or the band, but to say such things is crazy.

Dumbest ! , Genisis are in my opinion are bobbins , and if you listen to Gabriel albums from 3 onwards , i think i have a case that he is far better song writer, and indeed a singer , as don`t forget little phill was his replacement, and Gabriel did  not a sell out to the yuppie market  as Genesis did .
This is my opinon and if that is the dumbest thing you have ever heard , well fair enough , i take it you like a bit of Prog then , or is it just the cheeky chappy Phill ?

I cant dance !  is that good ?, oh yeh LoL!
Everyones entitled to there opinion , and that song i would use as my first case of evidence .
As its bobbins IMOP.
I thank you .
Goodbye little Phill you wont be missed in my world of Prog, as you were  never in it   , and by the way where has he been the last 18 years ?  [ estimated guess]
Sussudio , i hate that song so much , it hurts to type it in [imop]  

Oh yeh, he was in Hard Days , he has mentioned it once or twice or maybe everytime there s a microphone pointed at him .
What was he now ?, oh yeh he was in a very large crowd .
I think i have done .  
Wallflower Has Blossomed

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 10:46:19 PM »

Quote from: 483
He was in it!
Yes, this is what I meant. :o The show was also called "You Can't Do That" so I really screwed up this entry from start to finish, didn't I? ;D

I really like Peter Gabriel as well. I guess I'm just a happy listener. :)

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 89 queries.