Beatles forums > Albums

Please Please Me album - whats your story ?

<< < (3/3)

Hello Goodbye:
Yep.  You're hooked alright, bacon.  Join the club.

tkitna:
I have no idea when I first bought a copy of PPM. I know I have it a couple of times over on CD, but I dont think I ever bought it on vinyl.

KelMar:
I grew up with the US Capitol albums so I didn't hear it until a little over a year ago. Once I read about the marathon recording session that yielded most of this album I was eager to get ahold of it but I had to make do with borrowing it from the library system. Now I have the mono CD and it's still a real treat to listen to it and picture how it all went that day.

Jema:
I asked for The Beatles Stereo Box Set for the Christmas of 2010 and that was when I barely knew any Beatle songs (so I guess you may think it's stupid I asked for the box set) because the only way I can get into bands is if I listen to the songs off of albums, like I don't look up songs seperately because I wait until I get the album to listen to them, but I knew I was going to fall in love with them so I wasn't worried. Anyways, I remember when I first listened to Please Please Me, Misery appealed to me the most out of the whole album and it's still my favorite song from that album. I kept on replaying it and by the end of that I ended up knowing almost all of the words. I also remember thinking it was "funny" (I don't know a word to describe it) that three of their songs I knew was on the album, which were I Saw Her Standing There, Love Me Do and Twist And Shout (which ever since I found out it wasn't by the Beatles, I get bothered by the people who think it was written by them ha2ha ). Overall, my top three favorite songs from PPM is Misery, P.S. I Love You and Do You Want To Know A Secret.

ibanez_ax:

--- Quote from: In My Life on August 22, 2012, 06:54:56 AM ---I grew up with the US Capitol albums so I didn't hear it until a little over a year ago. Once I read about the marathon recording session that yielded most of this album I was eager to get ahold of it but I had to make do with borrowing it from the library system. Now I have the mono CD and it's still a real treat to listen to it and picture how it all went that day.

--- End quote ---

Pretty much the same for - me growing up in the U.S. I had no idea the British records were different until the 1987 CDs came out.

The mono Please Please Me is a real treasure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version