Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Queen  (Read 30954 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: Queen
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 09:29:26 PM »

Quote from: 713
Everyone here loves their early years!! My favourite album is the last one!! Innuendo is an amazing album, I love it. "These Are The Days Of Our Lives" is one my favourite songs ever, possibly the second after The Long And Winding Road.

I listened to the Innuendo record yesterday, amazing  :)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2008, 11:43:22 AM »

Queen are about to release a new studio album with Paul Rodger's and undertake a world tour .

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2008, 11:53:24 AM »

Just not the same. Leave it alone Brian! lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »

You have to admit it - Queen is fantastic! All their records are brilliant but without Freddie they are not the same. He was genius, very talented. Still if you can you should go to their concert cause they are the second after The Beatles to be remembered forever, for eternity. The Beatles ( 60s ) - The Queen ( 70s ), and i ve no idea who comes next? 80s is empty, no great group... 90s- Oasis for me, but i am not absolutely sure. Can you HELP me? Help, i need smb`s help!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2008, 10:42:29 PM »

Quote from: 1393
You have to admit it - Queen is fantastic! All their records are brilliant but without Freddie they are not the same. He was genius, very talented. Still if you can you should go to their concert cause they are the second after The Beatles to be remembered forever, for eternity. The Beatles ( 60s ) - The Queen ( 70s ), and i ve no idea who comes next? 80s is empty, no great group... 90s- Oasis for me, but i am not absolutely sure. Can you HELP me? Help, i need smb`s help!

I'll never understand this, for as long as I live. The first three albums are brilliant, but that's it for me.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2008, 11:16:52 PM »

Quote from: 483

I'll never understand this, for as long as I live. The first three albums are brilliant, but that's it for me.

Would that be oasis's or Queens ? ive tried getting into Queens albums but i find they get very irritating after to much listening, in the same way listening to a Darkness album would, but i dont mind hearing the odd single on the radio every now and again.

Oasis great debut, okay follow up and have hade a load of number 1 albums since then because of promises of a definitely maybe 2 and they're antics in the papers.

i think theyre have been much better bands in the 90's in britian - Radiohead, Blur, Supergrass, The Doves.... to name a few.

Would oasis had been as huge if they weren't constantly in the papers and promoting the whole working class band thing ? which should have F all to do with music, im working class and im nothing like them and glad of it.

Rant over

BlueMeanie

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2008, 09:23:50 AM »

Quote from: 758

Would that be oasis's or Queens ?

Queen. My hatred for Oasis knows no bounds.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »

Sorry, BlueMeanie! Do you mean Queen or Oasis? Queen is wonderful from beginning to end, hard and soft, very diverse. I rate them second after The Beatles in terms of eternity. Oasis is a matter of taste, i admit they dont appeal to everybody. But remember when they appeared British critics compared Liam G. and his voice to John Lennon`s. Compared to not with. I can see the similarity. And you? So whose 3 albums?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2008, 08:26:05 PM »

Sorry, i see it`s Queen. But even 3 brilliant albums is smth! What about similarity?

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »

What do you think about Queen + Paul Rogers???
In their 2008 tour they'll gave the first 2 concerts in September in Moscow http://www.queenonline.com/qpr/tour-dates/
I'm wondering about whether it worth to attend because there are only two of original Queen: Brian May and Roger Taylor :(
Their last single "Say It's Not True" is awful :(

I love Queen with Freddy!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2008, 08:30:54 PM »

Still it`s Queen!!! J. Deacon ( do i spell the name correctly?) refuses to play with them now that Freddie is gone. I respect his decision. But i adore Queen - my second band after the Beatles - and i am going to attend the concert!!! I was surely one of the first to buy the tickets. Besides they will sing the old hits and Rogers sings very well. I know Queen fans who can`t wait till the concert starts, so to speak. When i was in London this winter i went to the musical We Will Rock You. It was very good, i enjoyed it. So how can i miss the true genuine Queens??? How is it possible that i will like them less than the actors? If you,guys, don`t go i will write to you about my impressions. So, Dmitry, i think you shouldn`t hesitate, certainly if you like their music.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2008, 01:36:25 AM »

I think John retired because he didn't want to be in the music business anymore. He played bass after Freddie passed and retired in 2000.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2008, 08:14:25 PM »

Quote from: 682
I think John retired because he didn't want to be in the music business anymore. He played bass after Freddie passed and retired in 2000.

Did he play bass with The Queen till 2000? Or somewhere else?

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 08:21:05 PM »

^played bass with Queen till about 2000 or 2001. BM, you didn't enjoy Night at the Opera? =O

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »

I think that Freddie was one of the most talented artists, singers of the century, very creative and a true actor.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2008, 08:57:03 PM »

Freddie had a great voice and bags of charisma and some Queen songs i really like , but i don't think there was much development in their music .
And when they tried something different like on the "Hot Space" album it did'nt work . I think some bands have great difficulty developing their sound , Queen are a classic example of this in my opinion .

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »

Quote from: 971
Freddie had a great voice and bags of charisma and some Queen songs i really like , but i don't think there was much development in their music .
And when they tried something different like on the "Hot Space" album it did'nt work . I think some bands have great difficulty developing their sound , Queen are a classic example of this in my opinion .

Very interesting ideas! I have never thought about bands` music in this way. I`ll try to dig into Queen to better understand you. And what about their last albums? Do you consider them to be made along the same musical lines as the first ones?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »

Though I like some of their songs, I've never been a big Queen fan. But I do think that Freddie Mercury was one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. The way he played the crowd during Live Aid... Really amazing.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »

I know a girl who is such a fan of Freddie`s that she is learning the English language to perfection to be able to speak to him in the other world. Goes everywhere with their music.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2008, 10:32:23 AM »

Some say that Queen`s music is not rock but pop. Freddie said " The music press have been pretty unfair to us. We are basically a rock band. " What do you think?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Page created in 0.421 seconds with 78 queries.