Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Last session??  (Read 1820 times)

GOAT2G

Last session??
« on: December 29, 2004, 10:33:21 PM »

Just watched that trashy channel 5 documentary... anyway, near the end they mentioned a recording session that was supposed to be the last that Lennon and McCartney did together. I was just wondering when this was and maybe where I could get it? Any info at all really!

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Last session??
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 10:38:05 AM »

I wouldnt say that the Doc on TV last night was trashy.. it was very tongue and cheek.. wasnt the best Doc i have seen on the Beatles.. anyway im not sure where to get that recording from lol .. but im sure it would be very interesting to listen to it as they were off the faces on coke and booze hehe ... good luck in finding it .. oh by the way nice cheeky SIG u have there GOAT2G :p

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 10:43:23 AM »

well come to think of it ... the ONLY thing that i thought was trashy ..was the crappy Beatle cover band playing the whole way through the Doc.. for me that was a major turn off .. they could at least played the original stuff from the boys ....:(

GOAT2G

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 10:48:58 AM »

[quote by=Mr_Kite link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1104359601,s=2 date=1104403403]well come to think of it ... the ONLY thing that i thought was trashy ..was the crappy Beatle cover band playing the whole way through the Doc.. for me that was a major turn off .. they could at least played the original stuff from the boys ....:([/quote]

Exactly what I thought. They sounded NOTHING like the Beatles. They weren't even using the same equipment, which I think it fairly important for a cover band, no?

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 10:54:22 AM »

indeed m8.. your absolutley right ...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 12:50:57 PM »

LOL!!!! Lenny Pane! The album you guys are referring to is 'A Toot 'N A Snore in 74'.
I've played you it if you remember Lenny! lol
That documentary said nothing new. ;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 10:07:10 PM »

Seriously though, what is the chance of channel five paying the ludicrous price which needs to be payed for officail music.

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 10:09:41 AM »

you have not played that to me app's ...i think you were DL at the time ..but now you mention it ... ill have to come round for a listen hehe :P

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 03:38:09 PM »

[quote by=Mecake link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1104359601,s=6 date=1104876430]Seriously though, what is the chance of channel five paying the ludicrous price which needs to be payed for officail music.[/quote]

Minimal!!!! lol

guitarhero2000

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 04:16:31 PM »

[quote by=GOAT2G link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1104359601,s=0 date=1104359601]Just watched that trashy channel 5 documentary... anyway, near the end they mentioned a recording session that was supposed to be the last that Lennon and McCartney did together. I was just wondering when this was and maybe where I could get it? Any info at all really!

i'm not sure trashy is the word but certainly not 'secrets', probably were secrets for v casual fans   the recording session is fairly well known, John said everything was watching him and Paul to see what they did. they played 'midnight special' and a few others with Jesse Ed and various others. i think Paul played drums mainly.

if you thought that was trashy, TOTP 2 on Xmas eve claimed to have a 'Beatles exclusive' which turned out to be the Penny Lane video with the horses. only seen previously by about 50 million people!!!!!!

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 03:47:07 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle
LOL!!!! Lenny Pane! The album you guys are referring to is 'A Toot 'N A Snore in 74'.
I've played you it if you remember Lenny! lol
That documentary said nothing new. ;)

For "Toot And A Snore," there's a reason it's given that title. McCartney's on it, as is Nilsson and Stevie Wonder, but it blows. Literally. They're doing coke and not taking anything too seriously. At one point Lennon remarks that they shouldn't get overly involved in the procedings since no one's being paid to play. It's just a lackluster jam session, not too far removed from some of the more tedious "Get Back" stuff. They do rock up a decent "Lucille," but that's about the extent of it.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 05:14:21 PM »

Your not wrong there mate...Coke fuelled mayhem!!!! lol

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 02:09:45 AM »

Diet coke I hope ;)

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 61 queries.