Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Early Beatles (Subsidiary Label) Deadwax QUestion  (Read 3261 times)

Gizmobob

• One And One Is Two
Early Beatles (Subsidiary Label) Deadwax QUestion
« on: January 20, 2013, 12:10:39 AM »

I'm very well versed in everything Beatles, but I found myself stumped when I received a 1968/1969 LP of "The Early Beatles" on a Subsidiary Label. The label displays a Columbia Records pressing ring, easy enough, but everything I read about those pressings do not explain the markings in the deadwax. There is the Matrix Number normally found, but then there is a hand-written "74" and a small "o" etched in the deadwax. Can anyone spread some light on the pressing?

Thanks,

Bob

Bobber

Re: Early Beatles (Subsidiary Label) Deadwax QUestion
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 12:14:32 AM »

Hi Bob, welcome. A picture of the disc and more precisely the label will help a lot.

Gizmobob

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 01:10:14 AM »

Hi Bob, welcome. A picture of the disc and more precisely the label will help a lot.

Gizmobob

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 01:22:38 AM »

I've asked Perry Cox and he is stumped too... seems to be a Columbia pressing, but a some in-house markings. Normally, Columbia has either a "P" or a "54" etching in their pressings.

Puzzling  :-\

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:06:18 PM »

I've asked Perry Cox and he is stumped too... seems to be a Columbia pressing, but a some in-house markings. Normally, Columbia has either a "P" or a "54" etching in their pressings.

Puzzling  :-\

I'm not an expert on these things, others on this forum are. I do know that marks like these can easily be made by anyone. I'm not saying it's a fake, but how do you know it's an in house marking?

Page created in 0.503 seconds with 44 queries.