Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AWWWWW  (Read 1740 times)

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
AWWWWW
« on: March 27, 2004, 05:48:56 PM »

Beatlemania was at its height and millions of screaming fans wanted to hold John Lennons hand.  But all that John really needed in life was love.

Lennon's loneliness and his desperate desire to be with his son Julian was spelled out in a touching, tender letter he wrote to wife Cynthia while The Beatles were touring America in the summer or 1965.

"I really miss him as a person now," Lennon wrote.  "He's a real living part of me now...and I can't wait to see him.  I miss him more than I've ever done before.  I think it's been a slow process, my feeling like a real father. I spend hours in dressing rooms and things thinking about the times I've wasted not being with him--and playing with him.  He doesn't see enough of me as it is and I really want him to know and love me, and miss me like I seem to be missing both of you so much."
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: AWWWWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 12:13:22 AM »

i have a sound file that is john and a 4 or 5 year old sean discussing with a little help from my friends.
sean said in an interveiw once that all john taught him was to be a lousy father....

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 01:47:07 AM »

Ouch. hehe. Well... awwwww

Runforyourlife

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 07:10:31 PM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1080409736,s=1 date=1080432802]i have a sound file that is john and a 4 or 5 year old sean discussing with a little help from my friends.
sean said in an interveiw once that all john taught him was to be a lousy father....[/quote]

You know what? Sean never said that. I have practically every interview with him and he has nothing but wonderful, beautiful things to say about his dad. Could you please quote the source or provide the article?

I love it when Sean talks about John, because it's very touching. I have the Rolling Stone mag where Sean talks about his dad, the one that has been so misquoted by so many people. Anyway, Sean talks about how his dad had could be a jerk, but his saving grace was that he always tried to overcome it- and not many people have the guts to do that.

I think when people type up misquoted or wrong info about Sean, it makes him look like he's some ungrateful ass of a son. But he's not at all. I have that RL article and many others and I'll post all the parts where he talks about John, if anyone cares.

Here's a section from the Rolling Stone interview with Sean:

"I have a lot of memories of just talking with him, hanging out and watching TV. Saying "Good night" to me was an intimate moment. It was just me and him. There was something so soothing about his voice. And he did this really cute thing: He would flick the lights on and off in rhythm to whatever he would say. He would say, "Good night, Sean" and the lights would go [makes clicking noise]. It just made me feel so cozy.

I remember him playing guitar. I don't remember any specific songs. I remember watching The Muppet Show with him. He loved The Muppet Show. And he would always turn the TV off during the commercials. I would go, "Dad, we're going to miss some of it." And he would go, "No, we're not." He'd wait two minutes, then put the TV back on. He told me that anything you ever see on a commercial is a lie.

So I wasn't allowed to watch commercials. I wasn't allowed to eat refined sugar. I wasn't allowed to eat dairy. I grew up completely macrobiotic. The sweetest thing I had were these little dried fish, these Japanese fish. That's what he would give me as candy. The first time I had a Coca-Cola was years after he died."

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 02:41:22 PM »

Hmm... I think it is hard being a child of someone famous.  You arn't going to get to see them as much and you also have to deal with all the rumors.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 06:42:22 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1080409736,s=4 date=1080916882]Hmm... I think it is hard being a child of someone famous.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 06:42:33 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1080409736,s=4 date=1080916882]Hmm... I think it is hard being a child of someone famous.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 11:56:39 PM »

Quote from: Runforyourlife

[...] I have practically every interview with him and he has nothing but wonderful, beautiful things to say about his dad. Could you please quote the source or provide the article?

I love it when Sean talks about John, because it's very touching. I have the Rolling Stone mag where Sean talks about his dad, the one that has been so misquoted by so many people. Anyway, Sean talks about how his dad had could be a jerk, but his saving grace was that he always tried to overcome it- and not many people have the guts to do that.

I think when people type up misquoted or wrong info about Sean, it makes him look like he's some ungrateful ass of a son. But he's not at all. I have that RL article and many others and I'll post all the parts where he talks about John, if anyone cares.

Here's a section from the Rolling Stone interview with Sean:

"I have a lot of memories of just talking with him, hanging out and watching TV. Saying "Good night" to me was an intimate moment. It was just me and him. There was something so soothing about his voice. And he did this really cute thing: He would flick the lights on and off in rhythm to whatever he would say. He would say, "Good night, Sean" and the lights would go [makes clicking noise]. It just made me feel so cozy.

I remember him playing guitar. I don't remember any specific songs. I remember watching The Muppet Show with him. He loved The Muppet Show. And he would always turn the TV off during the commercials. I would go, "Dad, we're going to miss some of it." And he would go, "No, we're not." He'd wait two minutes, then put the TV back on. He told me that anything you ever see on a commercial is a lie.

So I wasn't allowed to watch commercials. I wasn't allowed to eat refined sugar. I wasn't allowed to eat dairy. I grew up completely macrobiotic. The sweetest thing I had were these little dried fish, these Japanese fish. That's what he would give me as candy. The first time I had a Coca-Cola was years after he died."

Interesting, at least.

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 49 queries.