Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Just Silly!  (Read 91444 times)

BlueMeanie

Just Silly!
« on: February 22, 2008, 11:53:24 AM »

Post anything just plain silly here. StumbleUpon really is great for coming across all sorts of rubbish!

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
Re: Just Silly!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 01:04:48 PM »

Thats Manchetser town centre !!!    :D
Well you know how Mancunians have this strange sense of humour [ speaking of myself of course]  
Wallflower Has Blossomed

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:22:03 AM »

Quote from: 449
Thats Manchetser town centre !!!    :D
Well you know how Mancunians have this strange sense of humour [ speaking of myself of course]  

Do you remember what all that was about then John?

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:45:46 AM »

Quote from: 483

Do you remember what all that was about then John?

No i don`t B.M.   sorry .   Funny though ,

I saw a strange thing on Friday , a washing machine in a Taxi .. true
Going to the laundrette i bet .  :-/

Wallflower Has Blossomed

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 01:56:01 AM »

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

BlueMeanie

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:28:19 PM »

"more cars less trees"
FUNNY

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 02:08:49 AM »

Bob Dylan Meets the Beatles (cartoon)

ybI34Z_ZHbo

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 05:01:04 AM »

I like this thread. Am I the only one?

My cousin sent me this in an email today. I don't know if there are other girls on here that remember the 70's, but I know there are some guys that surely do. Don't know how much you can relate to this, but I answered yes to almost EVERY one! I'm sure SOME of the guys did SOME of this stuff. Admit it!
Ah memories...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 IF YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL IN THE 70'S......

You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked. (Yup! It was cool!)

You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flower s on it. (And those plastic strings hanging from the handle bars too!)

You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels. (Yeah, and wore them out at the roller rink!)

You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute. Admit it! (Unfortunately, yes!)

You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island . (Never! Who would? The plane!!)

You had either a 'bowl cut' or 'pixie', not to mention the 'Dorothy Hamill'. (Uh, yeah, just like the picture!)

You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days. (I'd forgotten about moon boots!)

YEAH! You owned a 'Slip-n-Slide', on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once. (Who didn't?)

You owned 'Klick-Klacks' and smacked yourself in the face more than once! (Not just my face either!)

Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession. (Again, yes!)

You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers. (Yes, yes, and we didn't call them that!)

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon. (And he gave me one!)

You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits, or the sunshine family. (OMG! I had two Donnies! I loved those outfits!)

You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once. (That's too funny. But true. We were tough back then!)

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color. (Oh yeah!)

You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle). You also had a pair of salt-water sandals. (Yes to both but I hated those Doctor Scholl's! They'd always fall off!)

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the
Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture;
and you despised Nellie Oleson! (Never watched that dumb show but had the dumb shirt!)

PONG! ('video tennis' ) was the most remarkable futuristic game you've ever heard of! (Yeah, that was way technological! Ha)

Your hairstyle was described as having 'wings' or 'feathers' and you kept it 'pretty'
with the comb you kept in your back pocket.
When you walked, the 'wings' flapped up and down, looked like you were gonna 'take off' (Oh god. Yes to ALL! It took a long time to perfect those wings!)

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie. (Well, duh.)

You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic.
With the thermos inside some were glass inside and broke the first time you dropped them. (YES!)

You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend. (I liked Luke.)

YOU had Star Wars action figures, too! (No, I played with my brothers!)

It was a big event in your household each year when the 'Wizard of Oz' would come on TV.
Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags! (YES! Same with The Sound of Music! So exciting. For real! Simpler time.)

You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: 'Who will I marry.
Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or David Cassidy?' (Sean Cassidy of course.)

You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record album. (I still have them!!!)

You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage,
or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom. (And macrame plant holders of course!)

You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts! (OMG. I literally spent hours making Shrinky-Dinks!)

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker.(Yes! Mostly Beatles. And of course The Yellow Submarine movie! I still have the tape!)

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat. (Tiger Beat. Way better.)

You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books.
<Are you there God, It's me, Margaret.> (Don't girls still do this!?)

You thought Olivia Newton John's song 'Physical' was about aerobics. (Its not?!)

You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with hearts or rainbow designs. (Again, yes! How stylish!)

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer. (I don't think so. But you never know!)

You drowned yourself in Love's Baby Soft - which was the first 'real' perfume you ever owned. (I loved it!)

You glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip-gloss till it almost dripped off. (Yeah, it was delicious!)

Wow. Now I feel really old!  ??)

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 07:26:38 AM »

From Blender Magazine's list of 20 Biggest record company Screw Ups Of All Time:

#2 Decca Records A&R exec tells Fab Four, No, thanks.
Dick Rowe was not the only record-label executive who passed on the Beatles in the early '60s, but he was the only one who brushed off their manager, Brian Epstein, with the astute prediction that: "Groups with guitars are on their way out." Epstein begged Rowe to reconsider, so Rowe hopped a train to Liverpool to check out the band live. When he arrived at the Cavern, he found a mob of kids trying to force their way into the club in the pouring rain. Annoyed, he smoked a cigarette, went home and signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

The whole list is here:

http://www.blender.com/20BiggestRecordCompanyScrewUps/articles/18696.aspx

Via Steve Marinucci's Abbeyrd.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 12:03:52 PM »

Quote from: 216
My cousin sent me this in an email today. I don't know if there are other girls on here that remember the 70's, but I know there are some guys that surely do. Don't know how much you can relate to this, but I answered yes to almost EVERY one! I'm sure SOME of the guys did SOME of this stuff. Admit it!
Ah memories...

You sound just like my first girlfriend. It was the lip gloss that did it!!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 09:00:09 AM »

BlueMeanie

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 12:40:18 PM »

Couldn't resist this one:

Actually I believe there's plenty of fat bastards hanging out at MacDonalds in Britain!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 06:57:01 PM »

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 06:25:27 PM »

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 06:27:51 PM »

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 12:46:32 AM »

Not enough humor around here to keep this thread alive? Apparently not. Lately.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 08:07:27 PM »

Quote from: 356

this had my in fits of laughter! haha! ;D

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 76 queries.