Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: beatles songs you just cant stand!  (Read 29343 times)

beatles songs you just cant stand!
« on: April 08, 2005, 10:00:42 PM »

ok, so heres  the deal:

were gonna have a poll of beatles songs that are crap and that you just cant stand(also you can throw in some others as well, that you dont like), and then i'll make an album of them ;D, so we have a crapest beatles album ever!

so what songs dont u like?heres mine

yellow sub
because
birthday
lady maddona
i me mine

Paulsluv

• A Thousand Pages
  • Hold me tight, Paul!
    • My livejournal
Re: beatles songs you just cant stand!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 10:02:47 PM »

Revolution 9

Some of the sounds are annoying as heck!
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.--Lilo and Stitch.
Beatles to battle!--Paul, Yellow Submarine movie
Listen. Do you want to know a secret?
Have you hugged your Paul Today?
Drop me a letter in my mailbox. :D

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 10:14:31 PM »

i cohse rev 9.

i like hello goodbye, ob-la-di. i msut also disagree with the 5 you lsited. those tunes are fun.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 10:47:59 PM »

I know I shouldn't, because people will think I'm just being provocative. But then I'm as entitled to my opinions as someone who doesn't like Lady Madonna! (Sheesh!)

Here we go - some real Fab clunkers.

Michelle. Think of all the vinyl plastic wasted by having this sugar cube pressed onto it. And petrochemicals are a non-renewable resource!

Maxwell's Silver Hammer. Pity his bandmates put up with the never-ending takes of this piece of drivel from McCartney.

Mean Mr Mustard. Well, Mr Lennon had to contribute something more to Abbey Road. But did it have to be this, already rejected during the White Album AND Get Back sessions?

Mr Moonlight. Dig that cheesy organ.

Hey they all start with M!

By the way, two are Macca's, and two are Johnny's. But no one will say, "You know, if you read All his posts, he is pretty even handed OVERALL when he praises, and when he damns."

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 10:54:25 PM »

I voted for Revolution 9 because it's not really a song. It's interesting as a sound collage, though.

I like Hello Goodbye, Yellow Sub and Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Paulsluv

• A Thousand Pages
  • Hold me tight, Paul!
    • My livejournal
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 10:58:24 PM »

I also can't stand Why Don't We Do It In The Road, but I already voted.
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.--Lilo and Stitch.
Beatles to battle!--Paul, Yellow Submarine movie
Listen. Do you want to know a secret?
Have you hugged your Paul Today?
Drop me a letter in my mailbox. :D

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 10:58:27 PM »

i don't know how yellow sub was such a big hit (it's not bad, not too great), but i prefer it to maggie mae (a pointless song). i also never bother listening to michelle. but all the others on your list i like.

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 11:06:40 PM »

This thread makes me frown!!!   :'(

I love Hello Goodbye and Flying... I can't undersatnd why they get such a hard time.

Yellow Submarine and Obladi Oblada are great songs I don't care what anyone else says. Just because they don't have the typical "rock" attitude doesn't make them lesser.

Why Don't We Do it in The Road?? Are you kidding me?? What a great song, I love McCartney's voice on this one!

Maxwell's Silver Hammer, and Mean Mr. Mustard, I think they are great as well (see nickname).

MICHELLE.... I've never heard people diss this song so I'm surprised! I think it's a very beautiful song and it's one of those songs on Rubber Soul where I completely stop doing anything else and turn it up. God I love Paul McCartney.

But before you think I'm a complete idealist, I usually do skip Revolution 9.

~ missy

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 11:22:35 PM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
I know I shouldn't, because people will think I'm just being provocative. But then I'm as entitled to my opinions as someone who doesn't like Lady Madonna! (Sheesh!)

I hate it too.

As a matter of fact, all the songs you mentioned were pretty much spot on, although I kind of like 'Michelle'. I did hate that song though in my youth. I also used to hate Georges indian crap too, but I think its really nice now.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 11:23:27 PM »

Quote from: joan_was_quizzical
MICHELLE.... I've never heard people diss this song so I'm surprised! I think it's a very beautiful song and it's one of those songs on Rubber Soul where I completely stop doing anything else and turn it up. God I love Paul McCartney.

Yo' sure do!

Quote from: joan_was_quizzical
But before you think I'm a complete idealist, I usually do skip Revolution 9.

'Idealist' is not the term I would've chosen. But I'm not surprised you skip it.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 11:31:31 PM »

I will go through all of the options in this poll:

For me, Yellow Submarine is the worst track here- sorry Ringo! In fact it's the only track I skip on Revolver!

I happen to like Revolution #9! There is so much going on and it's obviously NOT just thrown together - this track should not be dismissed simply because it hasn't got a chorus! True, it's not a song - but it's SO much more.

John's opening of "Mister-er-er-er-er Moolnight" should be enought to rescue this track - maybe the more up-tempo Star Club version is better - at least there's no 'cheesey' organ! (Notice I have made NO other comments about a cheesey organ!!!!)

Hello Goodbye and Flying... hmmmm... Hello Goodbye I agree is pretty uninteresting but Flying is awesome, especially that ending! Just imagine if we'd never heard those tape loops and speeded-up flutes - it is/was SO influential!

Dig It/Maggie Mae - both were impromptu jams so I think it's a bit unfair to include these tracks in this list. But... how many of us would have loved to have written a throw-away track like Dig It?!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 11:37:40 PM »

A few others I could definately live without-

'When I'm 64' - never cared for it and thought it was out of place on 'Peppers'.

'Get Back' - I dont even know why I dislike it, but I do. It gets turned off when its on the radio and skipped on the cd.

'All You Need Is Love' - BORING!

'I Will' - "I Will" leave this one on, if i'm trying to nap.

'I Want You (She's So Heavy)' - Repetitious to the point that i cant do it unless i'm hammered.

'What Goes On' and 'Act Naturally' - I'm not a big country fan and these two dont help that feeling.

'Dizzy Miss Lizzie' - a cover that was better left uncovered. At least this version. The full energy just doesnt show itself on this one unlike 'Money' or 'Twist and Shout'.

I'll stop here.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 11:44:43 PM »

'When I'm 64' - never cared for it and thought it was out of place on 'Peppers'.

'Get Back' - I dont even know why I dislike it, but I do. It gets turned off when its on the radio and skipped on the cd.

'All You Need Is Love' - BORING!

'I Will' - "I Will" leave this one on, if i'm trying to nap.

Wow, I really disagree with all these choices! But i guess that just goes to show how tastes differ.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 11:45:24 PM »

I'll tag my opinions onto yours, if I may.

For me, Yellow Submarine is the worst track here- sorry Ringo! In fact it's the only track I skip on Revolver! I've said this before, & I hope I'm not boring anyone: but there's a depth and atmosphere to this song that's a little sinister. I don't think it's a children's song.

I happen to like Revolution #9! There is so much going on and it's obviously NOT just thrown together - this track should not be dismissed simply because it hasn't got a chorus! True, it's not a song - but it's SO much more.We agree!

John's opening of "Mister-er-er-er-er Moolnight" should be enought to rescue this track - maybe the more up-tempo Star Club version is better - at least there's no 'cheesey' organ! (Notice I have made other comments about a cheesey organ!!!!) Yes, the opening is good - but for me it's all down hill after that!

Hello Goodbye and Flying... hmmmm... Hello Goodbye I agree is pretty uninteresting but Flying is awesome, especially that ending! Just imagine if we'd never heard those tape loops and speeded-up flutes - it is/was SO influential! I agree with you about Flying, and I like Hello Goodbye too - I should loathe it, but I love it!

Dig It/Maggie Mae - both were impromptu jams so I think it's a bit unfair to include these tracks in this list. But... how many of us would have loved to have written a throw-away track like Dig It?!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005, 03:46:41 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

Here we go - some real Fab clunkers.

Michelle. Think of all the vinyl plastic wasted by having this sugar cube pressed onto it. And petrochemicals are a non-renewable resource!
\."

This song ruins Runner Soul.  Well not ruins coause its still a great album, but imagine it without this sappy nonsense!  Of the other ones, Mr Moonlight is rather awful, but I like that opening shout.  Maxwells Silver Hammer will always have a place in ym heart from when i loved it as a toddler.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005, 04:00:52 AM »

I voted for Revolution 9 mostly because after a while it just gets too annoying and I can't stand to put up with it anymore.  Now I'll go through all of the choices.

Revoulution 9

Annoying and way too long.

Dig It

Not fond of Dig It.

Maggie Mae

I actually like Maggie Mae a little bit becaue it's just a great little impromto jam session.

Hello, Goodbye

How can you not like this song it's warm, positive and full of lots of fun and energy and the video is excellent.

Flying

I actually like flying the music and harmony is great.

Mr. Moonlight

Love John screaming "Misterrrrr Moooonlighttt."  You can almost here him wreaking his throat as he sings it, it's great.

Obla Di Obla Da

Love Obla Di Obla Da although the other 3 where getting frustrated aftrer all of Paul's takes.  But if they didn't get frustrated then John would never have banged out that great piano intro out of his frustration.

Why Dont We Do It In The Road

I like it sometimes but other times i don't it really depends on my mood.

When I'm 64

Usually I like it but I agree it sounds out of place on Pepper and whenever I'm trying to think of Pepper's lineup this is the song I usually forget.

Get Back

Love Get Back  "Sweet Loretta fat she thought she was a cleaner but she was a frying pan."

All You Need Is Love

Boring I think not, it's a great song with a simple universal message that's as true today as it was the day it was written.

I Will

Not a big fan of I Will.

I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Love this song and the musical repetion, it is one of Lennon'd best.

What Goes On

I'm not a tremendous fan of Ringo's earlier singing efforts and I really don't like What Goes On.

Act Naturally

Being a little bit of a country fan I do like Ringo's version of Act Naturally and I like the version he did later with Buck Owens even better.

Dizzy Miss Lizzie

Not a tremondous fan.

Yellow Sub

Why is this song even on here it's a great song Ringo did an excellent job singing and it spawned an even greater movie.

Because

I like Because I like the melody and how John took it from a peice from I believe either Beethoven or Mozart I can't remember which one but it's still great.  If you want to here a bad version then listen to Alice Cooper cover it in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band the movie it's just dreadful.

Birthday

Although I like it I am a little p*ssed that Paul played drums because this was when Ringo quit and Paul was arguing with him that Ringo couldn't do the drumming the way Paul wanted.  I think Ringo would have done a much better job.

Lady Maddona

This song is a great little rocker and I just love it.

I Me Mine

Although it was the last song they worked on I am not a fan of I Me Mine.  It sounds like a George solo song and you can tell the other Beatles really didn't have much to do with it.

Michelle

I love this song it always reminds me of when I first got the 1962-66 Red Album and listening to it as a child.  I love his voice, the melody and also the excellent accoustic guitar playing.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Love this song I always wondered though why Paul wrote a song about a serial killer but then again I guess we'll never know.

Mean Mr Mustard

Love Mean Mr. Mustsard I love the rhyming that Lennon used in this song and for some reason the song always reminds me of Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!  Perhaps because they both have Mr in the tittle.

I can't think of too many Beatle Clunkers but Revolution 9 definatly tops my list.

Mr. Kite
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005, 04:02:48 AM »

Maybe I'm a sheep because I love all their stuff, I couldn't hate any of their songs. There are a few songs I wouldn't miss if I didn't hear them again, but I don't hate them and those would be 'She's a Woman', 'Within You, Without You', the doo-wop version of 'Revolution'. A stupid thread really and what's with the choices? I've never heard of anyone hating 'Hello Goodbye' or most of the others.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005, 07:02:42 AM »

Birthday

Although I like it I am a little p*ssed that Paul played drums because this was when Ringo quit and Paul was arguing with him that Ringo couldn't do the drumming the way Paul wanted.

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2005, 07:33:38 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

Ringo did play the drums on 'Birthday'. Paul played on 'Back In The USSR' and 'Dear Prudence' on the White album.

I thought for sure that Paul played on Birthday also, oh well my mistake.

Mr. Kite
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2005, 09:39:28 AM »

Wow. What a variance of opinion!. I think Hello Goodbye is a fine, well crafted single. Maybe wanting a bit lyricly (spelling), but it makes me feel good.
Yellow Submarine-I can't decide. Sometimes I think its a real throw away, other times a great piece of psychedelic whimsy.

Songs I definately can't stand:
Michelle. Its all been said. I find it embarrassing.
Good Morning Good Morning. Everything about it grates with me. The stupid animal noises, the boring melody. And its production sounds wrong to me, like it wasn't finished properly (but I'm no expert)
Octopuss Garden. Another embarrassment. Nice production though.
Babys in Black. Dreary melody, god awful lyrics.
I don't like Help much either, crappy melody, boring arrangment. Falls over and dies next to Dylans Like a Rolling Stone. But I'm not including it because I can still live with it.
don't follow leaders
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 84 queries.