Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do You Do It --forgotten gem  (Read 6242 times)

Re: How do You Do It --forgotten gem
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 05:27:16 PM »

Well, since I started this thread, I should add one parting note on "How Do You Do It"

Don't misunderstand me, never implied it was one of their best early tunes--far from it. Just meant that it wasn't their worst--but that's all subjective It's pretty obvious the Beatles sounded something less than inspired on the disc, and I was merely pointing out the comparison between it and the Pacemakers version.

(ps: I wonder if Peter Noone would've scoffed at it--sounds right up the Hermit's alley :D) (not to demean them, even some of THEIR stuff was slightly decent by early Brit Invasion standards --e.g., "No Milk Today" "Kind of a Hush" (although they were later singles) etc..)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 10:13:29 PM »

I've been after that too - there is an except of it on the Anthology 1 DVD. I wanted to see just how much The Beatles added to Mitch Murray's original arrangement.

Did you know Mitch Murray is now a professional speach writer?!

The demo was not sung by Mitch Murray but by Barry Mason, backed by some group called Dave Clark Five. Here it is:
How Do You Do It demo by Barry Mason

KelMar

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 04:24:47 AM »

The demo was not sung by Mitch Murray but by Barry Mason, backed by some group called Dave Clark Five. Here it is:

Interesting! I know The Beatles' version might not have been their best effort but I like it, especially the "Ooh La La" parts. LOL

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 12:46:15 AM »

I love the song, even the anthology version, and gerry and the pacemakers version,

does anyone have Mitch Murry's version?

This video is class:
Ig20b9EXU0Y

Thanks for posting that !!

Couple of things about the video, the bass player seems to be copying Pauls head jerks at about 1:21 and the young girls in the audience look terminally bored  ha2ha

'I like it'  (another Gerry hit)  too, its a better song than Love Me Do imo, very catchy, bright and happy  :)

Kevin

All You Need Is Love
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 43 queries.