Solo forums > Fifth Beatles and the Merseybeat Scene

SAD NEWS: Eric Griffiths - Quarryman

<< < (2/3) > >>

SieLiebtDich:
sad....:/ yes thanks

Lenny Pane:
god damn thats a real shame :(

so what were they playing End ? was it skiffle ?

The End:
Yes, they played skiffle and early rock 'n' roll. I saw them at their reunion concert at Quarry Bank school!

It was Saturday August 26th and the survivng Quarrymen returned to the school from which they took their name as part of the Liverpool Beatle Convention 2000. As I was getting married in October that year, I convinced my friends and family to go with me to the convention for my stag week- they certainly weren't disappointed!

There was a large crowd of Beatle fans from all over the world as the Quarrymen played their gig in the playing fields in the school grounds. I managed to get up close and took some great pics! I think Hunter Davies must have been still writing his book at the time, as he was also in attendance and posed for pictures with them outside the entrance to one of the buildings.

It really was a fantastic day - the highlight of the week, I only wish they had the school tie for sale!!

pc31:
i kinda feel like they were riding a wave if you know what i mean.even tho anybodys passing is a shame..rock easy eric you road has finally led to a secure rest stop.
there is an album they did out.they do rock island line,blue moon and more great standards.

The End:
This CD came out last year, but some of the former members also collaborated on "Open For Engagements" (which is what the Quarrymen used to have printed on their business cards):

You can order the CD here:
http://www.originalquarrymen.co.uk/html/hot_news.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version