Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Elton John  (Read 1116 times)

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
Elton John
« on: February 13, 2012, 08:24:58 PM »

Elton -Tiny Dancer

I've listened to this in the last couple of weeks and I enjoy it very much. I was thinking about trying an entire album. Any fans around that can suggest me one? Also, feel free to post your favourite songs by Sir Elton John.
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Elton John
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:06:31 PM »

Yea, I'm kind of a fan. I like the earlier stuff the best, as many do, I think.

The song you posted is from the album 'Madman Across The Water' - which is a great one and well worth getting.

I would actually recommend starting at the beginning, if you have the means, with the first one - the self-titled 'Elton John' and go from there. It's interesting to note the development from album to album.

'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' is widely regarded as the peak of the earlier period, I believe, and is certainly a great one. The opener, 'Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding' can still give me chills. This album is loaded with hits.

I think the work got spotty after the mid-seventies, but others would disagree, I suppose.

The latest release, 'The Union,' where he collaborates with his long-time idol Leon Russell is special and worthy of a listen or two. I'm a real Russell fan so that was a treat for me.

Enjoy the exploration.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:11:27 PM »

Correction: his first album is 'Empty Sky' - but 'EJ' was his big breakout in the States and elsewhere.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:18:25 AM »

'Tumbleweed Connection' is a top 10 album of mine ever. I love Elton. His run in the 70's was about as good as it gets.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:43:39 AM »

The only Elton John album I have is Honky Chateau.  My favorite song is...

Hercules - Elton John (Honky Chateau 10 of 10)

WBAI, a listener supported FM radio station, would play Rocket Man when they had no program ready to air.  They tape-looped the end so it would be.....and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...and I think it's gonna be a long long time...

...for about an hour and a half.    ;D

They would do the same with Mungo Jerry's In The Summertime.    :)

I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.405 seconds with 52 queries.