Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: is 'get back' about yoko?  (Read 11490 times)

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
is 'get back' about yoko?
« on: October 22, 2009, 11:50:38 PM »

john said he thought it was. he said paul always looked right at her when he said 'get back' . .
but then again, john thought hey jude was about him, not julian

but let's explore the possibility that there is an undercurrent based off paul's feelings towards yoko . . . . maybe john DID pick up a vibe - he knew paul pretty well - especially song writing-wise . . . .

THE CASE -

1) yoko's ever-presence in john's life - and the beatles' every move - must have been a pretty major thing for paul. work is so important to him. it's crazy to think those feelings wouldn't come out in his art. 'two of us', from around the same time - certainly seems to have a hidden meaning about john/paul relationship . .

2) paul's original lyrics for get back were about a 'paki' coming to england and taking british people's jobs . . . so there is a precedent about the song's meaning being . . 'anti foreigner' . .

3) 'thought she was a woman but she was another man'.......nuff said

4) jojo yoko jojo yoko jojo yoko jojo yoko jojo yoko jojo yoko jojoyokojojoyokojojoyokojojoyokojojoyoko
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:57:12 PM by nyfan(41) »

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
Re: is 'get back' about yoko?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:02:25 AM »

" . . . Jojo Yoko was a girl who thought she was a woman, but she was a g@d#%m man !!! . . . . . get back jojo yoko . . . go back where you belong . . . . YO MOMMA is waiting for you jojo yoko, get back home jojo yoko ! ! go back to where you beeeelong . . . "   ha2ha ha2ha

;sorry

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:32:25 AM »

I read in my book "A Hard Days Write: The Story Behind Every Beatles Song" that Paul said it was a "Political" song, he says that when people were immigrating to Britan, people were saying that they didn't 'Dig no pakistains taking all the people's jobs'

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:47:15 AM »

I read in my book "A Hard Days Write: The Story Behind Every Beatles Song" that Paul said it was a "Political" song, he says that when people were immigrating to Britan, people were saying that they didn't 'Dig no pakistains taking all the people's jobs'

i read that too . . .

emmi_luvs_beatles - no offense, but you sure know alot of beatles info for someone so young ! ! !  ;D

but the question still stands, do you think 'get back' has any subliminal reference to the yoke-ster?? ??  maybe even only in paul's subconscious? . . . . ha2ha

yeah, i said it . . . . "the yoke-ster" !  ha2ha ha2ha ha2ha
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:35:32 AM by nyfan(41) »

adaml223

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 02:38:12 AM »

I always thought it was also a reference to them recording albums the way they used to.  Instead of doing all their studio wizardry they would "get back" to the basics.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 02:41:01 AM »

I just always thought it was a song about the Beatles getting back to their roots with their music. Wasnt 'Get Back' suppossedly going to be the title of the film or album originally? (I forget which one at the moment and am to lazy to look it up).

I think John got paranoid or something.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 02:41:36 AM »

I always thought it was also a reference to them recording albums the way they used to.  Instead of doing all their studio wizardry they would "get back" to the basics.

Yeah, this.

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 02:59:41 AM »

oh yeah, that's right

i think paul even wanted to get back to their roots by playing small venues on a tour
also, i think the photo on the red and blue albums that recreates the please please me cover was intended for get back - again revisiting how they were as a group

. . . . . but i still think paul may have had "go back where you belong" floating around in his subconscious - the song can have many meanings i guess . . . . . paul's lyrics are underrated

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 07:50:01 AM »

This is what I gathered over the years. Subliminally you could say it was about Yoko because it's also about tolerance.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Bobber

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 08:27:03 AM »

There is of course a difference between the song Get Back and the album Get Back, that was later named Let It Be. The song is most probably about what Paul McCartney states, the album as a whole was meant to 'get back' to the roots of Beatles music and leave the overproduction of Sgt Pepper and the White Album behind.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 09:05:31 AM »

I'v said it before on these forums...Masters of ambiguity. "Let the people interpret." heheh.

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 09:39:25 AM »

I'v said it before on these forums...Masters of ambiguity. "Let the people interpret." heheh.

Oh yes. Still it was not uncommon to name the album after the main single of course. They already did that in earlier years: Please Please Me, A Hard Day's Night, Help! ha2ha

eroz0

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 10:10:11 AM »

2) paul's original lyrics for get back were about a 'paki' coming to england and taking british people's jobs . . . so there is a precedent about the song's meaning being . . 'anti foreigner' . .
But the song wasn't 'anti-foreigner', in fact it was anti-'anti-foreigner'. He was satirising the policies suggested by Enoch Powell.

TBH, I think John was just being paranoid in this case.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 10:37:06 AM »

But the song wasn't 'anti-foreigner', in fact it was anti-'anti-foreigner'. He was satirising the policies suggested by Enoch Powell.
;yes

cassNJ

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 10:48:39 AM »

;yes

I don't have the book right now but in Sulpy's book (about the Get Back sessions) weren't John and Paul both playing around with the lyrics to the song while they were in the studio?  It was Paul's song but he hadn't finalized the words.  It was one of the times where they seemed to be having fun.

Yep, I'd chalk this one up to John's paranoia.  Anyone who could think that "Ah, we believe that we can't be wrong" from Back Seat of My Car is an insult has got to be off the deep end.

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 02:45:32 PM »

then how do you explain the original lyrics to Blackbird ? :

" . . . Yoko sitting in a studio chaaaiiiiiiir . . . . . get up off that chair and go away . . . . i hate your voice . . . . i am only waiting for the moment that you leave . . . . (chorus) yooookoooo goooo . . . . yoooookooo gooooo . . . . . . into the traffic of abby road . . . "

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »

somebody slap me !  ha2ha
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:28:57 PM by nyfan(41) »

eroz0

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 04:50:38 PM »

then how do you explain the original lyrics to Blackbird ? :

" . . . Yoko sitting in a studio chaaaiiiiiiir . . . . . get up off that chair and go away . . . . i hate your voice . . . . i am only waiting for the moment that you leave . . . . (chorus) yooookoooo goooo . . . . yoooookooo gooooo . . . . . . into the traffic of abby road . . . "
ha2ha ha2ha ha2ha
I'd give anything to hear that demo.

cassNJ

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »

I think you created a new sub-genre of Beatles Literature: Paul McCartney's Subconscious Lyrics!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 01:24:24 PM »

It should be noted that these lyrics were satirical. The song was originally going to be called "Don't Dig No Pakistani" but they feared that people would not get the humour.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.735 seconds with 82 queries.