Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Goodnight Tonight/Daytime Nighttime Suffering  (Read 1446 times)

Wayne L.

Goodnight Tonight/Daytime Nighttime Suffering
« on: April 10, 2004, 01:21:49 PM »

Goodnight Tonight is one of Paul's finest hit singles during the height of the disco era back in 79 since it's a creatively, musically & artistically a masterpiece looking back on it at the time when disco was mostly manufactured with a different artists every five minutes, way too many disco radio stations & it was getting crazy which is why GT showcases McCartney brilliance capturing the moment without pandering to the lowest common denominator.  Daytime Nighttime Suffering is one of Paul's most underrated rockers when it's a great song in its own right which shouldn't be ignored while personally speaking it should have been the A side instead of the B side of Goodnight Tonight since it represents McCartney more as a solo artist but both of these underrated classics are the highlights of 79 because BTTE bombed with Paul losing focus.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Goodnight Tonight/Daytime Nighttime Suffering
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 12:44:01 AM »

Easy on 'Back to the Egg'. Screw the critics. Its all in the ear of the beholder. I like both songs mentioned above, but I really wouldnt consider 'Daytime nightime Suffering' a rocker. I have always loved that song though.

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 10:06:06 AM »

I consider Daytime Nighttime Suffering to be a rocker because it's not a pop song as in Silly Love Songs while Back To The Egg COULD have been much better at the time even though it's a masterpiece these days. 

Harlena McStarkney

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 07:30:50 PM »

Actually, I'm not that fond of "Goodnight Tonight". "Daytime Nighttime Suffering" is ok.  I know, those statements are just SO profound lol.
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

Wayne L.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 10:43:03 PM »

Goodnight Tonight is creatively, musically & artistically a masterpiece " compared " to most of the disco crap at the time.  Daytime Nighttime Suffering is a great rocker by Paul which is highly underrated for some reason. 

AbbeyRoadGirl9

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 03:15:08 AM »

Goodnight Tonight is really great.....not to mention "Arrow Through Me"....thats like my Fav.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 08:21:52 PM »

Listening to GT right now. That bass just kills!! Love it.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 01:38:49 AM »

'Goodnight Tonight' is the only Macca song I can't listen to. Brings back bad memories and just freaks me out. Just one of those things.

Wayne L.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 12:54:27 PM »

GNT is a great McCartney & Wings song at the height of the disco craze back in 79 since it was above all the crap.  DNS is one of Paul's most underrated classics which should be appreciate more because it's a great song.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 04:33:23 PM »

Why was it one of the bonus tracks on McCartney II and Wonderful Christmastime was on Back To The Egg?

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 04:39:23 PM »

Wayne you don't have to repeat yourself 3 times, personally I really like Daytime Nightime Suffering but I don't really like Goodnight Tonight

Wayne L.

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 07:48:52 PM »

You repeat yourself all the time here asking about this that or the other concerning the Beatles or something else n other forums & trying to be a smart ass like now ma_tt2.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 59 queries.