Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 255166 times)

Oomu

• Getting Better
  • It's always the quiet ones.
    • My Tumblr
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1320 on: February 01, 2010, 11:47:09 PM »

You know you're a fan when you're at the doctor's office with a 103 degree fever and HORRIBLE strep throat and yet you still get excited that Across the Universe comes on the sound system, and even remember to tell your sister when you get home.

My brother did that today, silly boy.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #1321 on: February 02, 2010, 05:47:06 PM »

You know you're a Beatles fan when while hoovering the living room of the flat you share with 5 other people, you decide to start singing "The Night Before" at the top of your voice, thinking the hoover will mask it, and do so quite successfully until you turn around and one of the flatmates is standing in the doorway laughing his head off.  Guilty as charged!  ;D

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1322 on: February 02, 2010, 08:03:05 PM »

When you see a street called "Pepper Street" and you think of Sgt. Pepper

When you see a truck that says "Shea Cleaners" on the side and you think of The Beatles at Shea Stadium

The name's Emily :)

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #1323 on: February 02, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »

You know you're a fan when...
... You're in one of your least favorite classes, yor teacher turns on the radio, and Don't Let Me Down comes one, so you're all happy.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

RingoFan1964

• Getting Better
  • Have you ever wished upon a Starr?
« Reply #1324 on: February 02, 2010, 10:22:29 PM »

You know you're a fan when, you scream in the middle of the grocery store because "Eight Days A Week" is on the radio and you're wearing a Beatles shirt and people are starting to stare at you because of this.  ::)
A Starr like no other.

^All my best boys are in this picture.

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1325 on: February 02, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »

When you're rereading the last book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series when you notice (before each chapter there's a quote) on page 292, the quote is, "Remember to let her into your heart."-John Lennon and Paul McCartney and you get really excited, but then a little miffed because technically Paul wrote the line, but then a little unmiffed because they did share writing credit.

And then later in the chapter they talk about listening to Beatles songs on the radio, and then "Hey Jude" comes on :D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:31:07 AM by I_Will »

MrsHarrison

• A Beginning
  • Have I said something amiss?
« Reply #1326 on: February 02, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »

You know you're a fan when you listen to "Don't Talk to Strangers" and they mention Maggie Mae, you think of the Beatles.

You also know you're a fan when you get a phone call and your mother goes "Hey, is that My Sweet Lord... wait... wtf is that?" My ringtone is The Pirate Song.  ha2ha

I look from the wings of the play you are staging. As I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging. While my guitar gently weeps.

Oomu

• Getting Better
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1327 on: February 02, 2010, 11:49:41 PM »

You know you're a fan when you listen to "Don't Talk to Strangers" and they mention Maggie Mae, you think of the Beatles.

You also know you're a fan when you get a phone call and your mother goes "Hey, is that My Sweet Lord... wait... wtf is that?" My ringtone is The Pirate Song.  ha2ha

^ So. Jealous.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1328 on: February 03, 2010, 01:25:25 AM »

Hahahahahahahaaaa... I love The Pirate Song!! :D

MrsHarrison

• A Beginning
  • Have I said something amiss?
« Reply #1329 on: February 03, 2010, 01:39:13 AM »

^^ Isn't that the best self parody ever? I freakin' love it. I play the ringtone when I'm bored and even sing along with it.  ha2ha

I look from the wings of the play you are staging. As I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging. While my guitar gently weeps.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #1330 on: February 03, 2010, 07:22:38 PM »

You know you're a Beatles fan when "Hey Jude" comes on in a club at about 2am, and even though it's not even in your top ten Beatles songs, you scream and start bellowing along at full volume, grabbing everyone you're with and forcing them to sway and sing along, which in turn leads everyone else in the club to believe that you're absolutely hammered out of your head, when actually you're not even half that drunk.  Needless to say, I was tired this morning.  ;D

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1331 on: February 03, 2010, 08:59:08 PM »

When in another book you read (literally just read this part haha) there is a character named Paul, and you already picture him like Paul McCartney. but then you read this:

"Apparently, his mother had meant to name him after a heroic uncle, a spy supposedly, who died in World War II, but his father, Robbie, meant to name him after Paul McCartney".

This, of course, leads you certainly picture the character like Paul, and be really happy.

nufc

• One And One Is Two
    • http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/nufcmichael
« Reply #1332 on: February 04, 2010, 02:31:28 PM »

last year my teacher used to play music and every time she didn't play the beatles i would act p*ssed off until she put on the beatles again :D only problem was she only had the "1" compilation I was trying to convince her to get the white album but i was unsuccessful.
Make easy money just by searching!

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1333 on: February 04, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »

When you're talking to your grandma who is now in a rehab place for older people (she broke her hip, but can't have it replaced) about your liking of The Beatles. She then says that there are some Beatle records at her house and you get really excited about this. You ask her if she knows specifically which ones there are and she says know. You mention the Butcher Cover (long shot, but we do live in America) because you think it is probably one that would stick out in her memory. She says that your Aunt (who was a teenager during the 60s) actually bought one, but my grandma was disgusted with the cover and threw it away.

You then resist the urge to cry. Haha.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1334 on: February 04, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »

You mention the Butcher Cover (long shot, but we do live in America) because you think it is probably one that would stick out in her memory. She says that your Aunt (who was a teenager during the 60s) actually bought one, but my grandma was disgusted with the cover and threw it away.

You then resist the urge to cry. Haha.

................. :o :o ...........

*dies*

You know you're a fan if you're asking your significant other for Beatles/Paul stuff for Valentine's Day.  ;D

AngeloMysterioso

• A Beginning
« Reply #1335 on: February 04, 2010, 08:07:12 PM »

When you come here instead of working.
Music's all right John, but you'll never make a living out of it.

yavanna

• A Beginning
« Reply #1336 on: February 04, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »

... when you're in a long-distance relationship and got the remasters for christmas from your boyfriend but he'll only bring one for every visit ( I must say I think that fairly sweet  :D ) and now you're in trouble deciding which one you want to have next  ;D
If the sun has faded away
I'll try to make it shine

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #1337 on: February 04, 2010, 09:49:30 PM »

You know you're a fan when...
... You can't concentrate when there's music on, but if it's The Beatles, you work fine, and sometimes better than usual.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

RingoFan1964

• Getting Better
  • Have you ever wished upon a Starr?
« Reply #1338 on: February 05, 2010, 12:56:59 AM »

You know you're a fan when: Your best friend askes you if you'll change your last name to Starkey soon.  ha2ha
A Starr like no other.

^All my best boys are in this picture.

Oomu

• Getting Better
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1339 on: February 05, 2010, 07:07:29 AM »

You know you're a fan when, stopped at a red light, you look over at the person in the car next to you and notice that they're mouthing the words to something. And then, just by watching, shout at the top of your lungs because you realize the person is mouthing the words to "Revolution."
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 98

Page created in 0.402 seconds with 91 queries.