Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: NEW...  (Read 36853 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: NEW...
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2013, 02:39:44 PM »

I just got my copy in the mail. I'll listen to it in the car on the way to work.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2013, 07:44:09 PM »

Paul played an unannounced 5-song set at Covent Garden at lunchtime today.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »

I listened to the CD on the way to work today and my opinion,,,,,,,its lousy. Bummer. I was so excited for this record and its going to be a bottom feeder in his collection. There is just nothing memorable on it in my opinion. Its like McCartney 2 part 2. Way to much electronics and effects for me. 'Save Us' is the best song on the record by far and I felt the album took a pretty big dip from 7 on (and I have the 3 bonus tracks). 'Appreciate' and 'Hosanna' are truly awful.

Oh well. I will force myself to listen to it at least 3 or 4 more times, but I dont really want to. Bummer.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2013, 12:35:25 AM »

I listened to the CD on the way to work today and my opinion,,,,,,,its lousy. Bummer. I was so excited for this record and its going to be a bottom feeder in his collection. There is just nothing memorable on it in my opinion. Its like McCartney 2 part 2. Way to much electronics and effects for me. 'Save Us' is the best song on the record by far and I felt the album took a pretty big dip from 7 on (and I have the 3 bonus tracks). 'Apprentice' and 'Hosanna' are truly awful.

Oh well. I will force myself to listen to it at least 3 or 4 more times, but I dont really want to. Bummer.

I agree about the electronics and also on Appreciate and Hosanna, might as well add Look at Her too the list.

I do like Alligator, On my way to work, everybody out there, and I can bet.  Queenie Eye has some cool parts but too much production me thinks.  It does grow on you as others have said.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2013, 03:54:57 AM »

Yeah, i'm quick to pass judgement. Only one time through so far. My opinion could change, but it probably wont.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »

The more I listen, the more I wonder if having 4 producers working with him was good or bad.  Seems each had him go with his falsetto or muted vocals which, IMO, piles up too frequently on an album.  If there was one producer would there have been as much?

Maybe it was Paul's doing, with his aging voice, maybe he is trying to do what he can but I would think in a studio environment you could belt them out at your own pace.

I may be way off, but the multitude of falsetto or muted vocals stands out to me as a downer.

Save Us- like a lot

Alligator- one of my favs on the album

On my way to work - very close to being my favorite, just short, missing some more energy in a middle section or something, missing a change of tempo ever so briefly

Queenside Eye- like this a lot

Early Days - I go back and forth on this, like it, like it a lot and back to just liking it

New - like it more than originally

Appreciate - wouldn't have minded not having it on the album

Everybody out there- like this , better live

Hosanna - bah, take it off

I can bet- probably #1 at the moment

Looking at her- take it off

Road- like it

Turned out- like it

Get me out of here- simple fun, like it

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2013, 11:39:20 PM »

I listened to it 3 more times today and i'm done. 'Save Us' is decent enough and 'Everybody Out There' is pretty cool music wise (lyrics are terrible though). I really dont want to listen to it anymore so its going to get retired to the dusty bowels of his catalog right alongside McCartney 2, The Fireman, and Pipes Of Peace.

Glad the rest of you like it.

Bobber

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2013, 12:36:58 PM »

I'm a bit disappointed as well. I think Save Us and I Can Bet are truely great songs, but there isn't much between the rest that I'm eager to hear again. Especially the second half of the cd is weak in my humble opinion. What's the reviews saying about the album?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2013, 12:18:19 AM »

I've come to the conclusion that I might like 'Road' the best.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »

Just saw the Queenie Eye vid today. Love this song! It just sounds great, especially on the headphones.

Love the little references in the vid too - Paul's wearing sandals ( the ones he took off for Abbey Road perhaps?), the Beatles iconic instruments lined up in the studio.  Really cool

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »

I think I may have forced myself to like this cd now. It only took about 20 listens though.  ha2ha

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2013, 08:35:37 PM »

I was lukewarm my first listen, which came with a lot of outside distractions. Then I threw on the cans and really paid attention, and now I like it a lot.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

nimrod

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »

Ive actually bought this album.......this is my favourite track, theres ome good stuff on there.

Paul McCartney - Queenie Eye (Official Video)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »

I think I may have forced myself to like this cd now. It only took about 20 listens though.  ha2ha

Congrats on getting over the hill.  I still find myself forwarding off/skipping songs 7,9,11 but otherwise am very happy with the album.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2013, 12:32:18 PM »

Congrats on getting over the hill.  I still find myself forwarding off/skipping songs 7,9,11 but otherwise am very happy with the album.

Yeah those are some weak tracks. I admit though that 'Appreciate' would be the song i'd play at a night club. 'Early Days' is the worst song on the album. Sounds like the pedophile from 'Family Guy' singing. I cant get around that.  ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2013, 06:59:22 AM »

Ive actually bought this album.......this is my favourite track, theres ome good stuff on there.

]Paul McCartney - Queenie Eye

Paul has some really famous friends. Who'd have ever thunk it? LOL I like this song too. I can just picture him as a little kid playing Queenie Eye when I hear it.

'Early Days' is the worst song on the album. Sounds like the pedophile from 'Family Guy' singing. I cant get around that.  ha2ha

Oh great! Now when I hear this song I'll picture Herbert the Pervert! Seriously, though, I was very disappointed with the vocals on this one. I thought the lyrics were good but they were hard for me to enjoy.

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/paul-mccartney-defends-beatles-on-early-days_3911963

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »

Wish there was more storytelling in the album

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2013, 09:18:15 PM »

I listened to it once on Mog and honestly don't feel compelled to listen again although I might. His voice is shot and yeah, too much electronics.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

KelMar

« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »

too much electronics.

Yeah, the songs with all the heavy electronics stuff don't do much for me either.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »

Early Days is wonderful.  Last part of the album doesn't seem as solid (I had a similar issue with Electric Arguments), but the first eight or nine tracks I really dug.

Will have to listen more to feel this album out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 1.238 seconds with 80 queries.