Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Most under-rated Harrison album?  (Read 3601 times)

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
Most under-rated Harrison album?
« on: October 18, 2005, 07:06:51 PM »

I'd have to make my vote too. So I will. But what do you think is his most under-rated album?
http://www.suedeapple.co.uk/rev - Check it out, it's my website.

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Most under-rated Harrison album?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 07:41:20 PM »

Extra Texture (Read All About It). Not his best album, -tho it's my favourite one from him-, but definitely the most underrated. I think represents his style better than most of the rest albums: peaceful, sad, brilliant,...

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 01:26:35 AM »

I agree it is an under-rated album, I just feel that "Living In The Material World" has more songs on it that warrant recognition like "That Is All", "Who Can See It", "Be Here Now" and "Don't Let Me Wait Too Long".
http://www.suedeapple.co.uk/rev - Check it out, it's my website.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 11:28:27 AM »

Some of those songs (specially the first three) could fit very well on Extra Texture because of their production, sound and feeling. They are simply George.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 04:58:25 AM »

Brainwashed underated? ??) ... maybe by The End ...  ;D

...33 & 1/3 is another one, but I still think that Extra Texture (Read All About It) is the most ...

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 05:11:30 AM »

Extra Texture (Read All About It) was better received than Dark Horse by the critics ... The album reached #8 in the US (it was his last Top 10 album in US for twelve years) ... and reached #16 in the UK.

... the album included some jokes: one referencing to the Apple logo ... on Extra Texture (Read All About It) it's all eaten away ... and George is pictured on the inside jacket with the word "OHNOTHIMAGEN" ("Oh, not him again!") ... in his best style a humourous take on George's dwindling popularity at that time ...  ::)

... His Name Is "the one and only George Harrison" (Ladies And Gentlemen)! ...This Guitar (Can't Keep From Crying), Ooh Baby (You Know That I Love You, Can't Stop Thinking About You, You, World of Stone, Grey Cloudy Lies, Tired Of Midnight Blue,  ... as usual The Answer's At The End, A Bit More of You ...

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 05:28:05 AM »

33&1/3 has grown on me.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 07:53:10 AM »

I'm going with 'Extra Texture' too. I love every song on it.

(Brainwashed isnt underrated. Its one of Georges best and I feel its received as such.)

becky

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

I couldn't vote on this, because I love all of George's albums. I have all of his albums and I listen to them constantly everyday...so to me in my own opinion...I don't believe that George has an under-rated album. I just don't have the heart to say which ones are good and which ones are not good because I love George very very much. :'(

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 03:05:32 AM »

Saying something is underated isn't saying that you think it is bad, it is saying that it didn't get as much success as it should have gotten.

I too listen to George constantly, from a very young age, he's always been my favorite Beatle, my favorite musician. I believe that George is always underated, and it isn't fair, I get so annoyed when people leave him out, or don't give him enough credit. He was absolutely amazing musically. Just as good (if not better in my opinion) then Lennon/ McCartney.

Most underated as far as the list above, I'm not sure. Cloud 9, Brainwashed, Living in the Material world, definitely not. I'll have to think on this one.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »

33 & 3rd!!!!!!!!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 11:06:43 PM »

Thirty Three & 1/3 is underated, there are some great songs on that album. Let's not mention the AMAZING! video for Crackerbox Palace!

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 07:03:38 PM »

I think his self titled album "George Harrison" is AWESOME! I don't hear of it being mentioned much as being one of his best. Maybe that is just me.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »

George Harrison is an underated CD. Songs like Love Comes to Everyone (one of my personal favorites), Blow Away, Not Guilty... I have to prevent myself from listing them all :)
But they are all great songs. And I got my namesake from that CD, track 7.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 03:55:27 AM »

Hmm, I guess I missed the fact that "Brainwashed" was rated highly. To me, it's his second-best album after ATMP, tied with LITMW (yes, I managed to get 3 albums into the top 2 spaces-- go me!) But whereas ATMP and LITMW were really well-received upon their release, I just don't feel people were as familiar with "Brainwashed", which makes me sad. This is George at his most uninhibited, I think, as he was readying to shuffle off this mortal coil and had quit worrying about what "they" would think. As a result, he produced a beautiful, honest, deep-hitting album. It's a lovely work of art, and I wish it had gotten even better reception than it did.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »

As Dark Horse and Extra Texture are usually considered the worst I'd vote for both,but I have chosen the latter.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 75 queries.