Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John Lennons Killer is up for Parole August 2010  (Read 2347 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
John Lennons Killer is up for Parole August 2010
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:18:24 AM »

Hi Everyone.I wanted to let you know I found this information on the internet posted recently.The man that assassinated John Lennon and Julian and Seans dad and Yoko's husband  is coming for parole again this August 2010.All of us were heartbroken when John was killed.I know many think that this guy will never get out of prison.But every two years now Julian and Sean and Yoko have to deal with this issue.By either showing up in person for the parole hearing or either sending in statements out or how ever they do it.They don't want this guy out of prison ever.So even if we think no chance getting paroled.I want them support them this August 2010.Please everyone that can send out personal E mails,letters.Or even some brave people to call and make respectful and polite phone calls to the parole board asking them to not John Lennons killer from out of prison.I am not using this guys name.Because Yoko Ono and George Harrison had asked people,unless they need to. To not mention this killers name.So he does not get the fame by his name out in the public which he hoping for by killing John.Please pass this information to other friends and web site boards etc.Please use what information is needed.We  all love John here.Lets support Yoko,Sean and Julian so they don't have to deal with alone this August.Everyone please pass this information on to friends and web sites etc.To help get the word out.Lets stand with them and back them up and support them.Thanks

I found this on Facebook to.But personal E mails,letters,and phone calls, carry more weight

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8531532388

NYS Board of Parole,
97 Central Avenue,
Albany, NY 12206

https://www.parole.state.ny.us/

http://161.11.122.150/paroleboardcalendar/details.asp?nysid=04651382Z

Attica Correctional Facility Parole Board Hearing

Next hearing August 10th 2010
Mark David Chapman, who is serving his time in New York's Attica Correctional Facility, is next due to appear before the board in August 2010.

NYS Board of Parole,
97 Central Avenue,
Albany, NY 12206

For general information please contact:
518-473-9400
Mail can be addressed to:
New York State Division of Parole,
97 Central Ave
nue,Albany, NY 12206
email: nysparole@parole.state.ny.us

https://www.parole.state.ny.us/contact.html

To remind us who we lost

WOMAN by John Lennon with Lyrics

John Lennon Beautiful Boy

this is sung by Sean Lennon

sean lennon - the dead don't speak, they listen
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:16:55 PM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Re: John Lennons Killer is up for Parole August 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:12:49 AM »

Sean's song gave me a tear in my eye

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 07:45:44 PM »

Petition duly signed.  There are an incomprehendable amount of people with guns and a will to kill in this world; if nothing else, the law should stop this one from killing again.
I imagine John might hope that we forgive him now, if he could say so.  Sorry John; he's still dangerous, and well, just for the sheer impact of it all...  I can't.

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 10:06:56 AM »

I think he should get the chair, If he was ever released which he won't he won't last there be someone out there wanting to kill him.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »

Sean`s song is very beautiful and so unusual...
The killer must stay in prison.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »

Just out of curiosity, a question for everyone who thinks that Mark Chapman shouldn't get his parole (yet):
Would you feel the same way if he would've murdered some average Joe and not John Lennon?

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 08:10:02 PM »

I will answer that question for you.I would feel the same way.The laws on the books in 1980 in the state of New York and United States were alot different back then.If that killer had done that in the city of New York now.Even 10 years ago.He would have gotten life with no parole That killer is only about 55 years to.John only got to live to be about 40 years old.Of course the fact that I am Beatles fan.Also that I  love and respected John makes it even more personal to me.Also that murderer has said in interviews.He thought by killing John he would get his fame.I cant imagine what Yoko,Sean and Jules must feel like, having to submit family of the victim statements now everytime he comes up for parole.I shall never forgive that guy.When he dies someday.God can judge him.But I myself will never forgive him.I don't want anything violent to happen to him.Because john would not want that.Also its wrong to want  violence on  him ,even someone I dislike like that much.But I agree with most people.That guy is going to have someone bad happen to him by someone.If he is ever let out on parole.Thats about all I have to say on this happen.I don't need to post on this thread again.I want thank anyone who has send in personal E mails or letters,etc.I don't want Sean.Julian and Yoko,next month to have to deal with this alone.So they know they have people that loved John and them backing them up and standing with them on this.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »

I'd feel the same way too.  The fact that he took the life of a worldwide idol is only the icing on the cake, really.  To take anyone's life the way he did is inexcusable, for him and for anyone.
Euan, I didn't think about what you pointed out at first, but you're probably right...  Although if MDC does ever get out, I really hope no one would kill him; that would make them just as bad as he is.
And anyway, when he's in jail, he can't harm anyone.  If he gets out, he could kill someone again, and if he's dead, he'll be in the same place as John, and while I don't want to go all "afterlife" on you all, I don't think he deserves that.  He should be as far removed from everyone as possible.

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »

OK, that's cool. First and foremost: I don't have any sympathy at all for anyone who purposely takes the life of an innocent human being. So if Chapman never gets out of prison, that's fine with me. I just don't want the guy to be judged differently than any other murderer would, just because his victim happened to be more talented and more famous than, well, pretty much everyone else on this planet. All people are supposed to be equal, and I think that concept would be violated if murdering a rock star would be considered a bigger crime than murdering anyone else.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 10:26:56 PM »

I see where you're coming from, Joost.  Unfortunately, I think the fact that the person he killed was famous made everyone interested in delving into his thoughts; I've read a lot about the whole thing, and everyone - the press, the government, all of them - was so desperate to understand how he justified to himself that killing John was the right thing to do, so that they could prevent "future MDC's"...  Do you think that if he had killed an anonymous person, they would have cared as much?  It's not like no one in the world got murdered before John did.  By the way, I'm not arguing your point or anything, I agree with you.  :)
I just have an unfortunately strong hunch that no one would have been as curious if it hadn't have been a famous person.  If someone's killed now, it's more a case of "oh dear, what a bastard.  Let's chuck him in jail then, and have done with it."  To be honest, they SHOULD take just as much interest in ANY murder, not just the murder of a famous person.  If a man's mind becomes delusional enough that he believes that it's alright to kill another man, it's something that needs to be explored, understood and combatted, and that's all there is to it.
And thinking about it, this consideration for parole is probably not worth getting into a complete panic about; he's been denied parole that many times already, a) why would they change their minds about his mental state and the safety of the public, and b) would he actually want to get out?  I know he's mentioned things he'd like to do if he did in the past, but after all this time, I think he might be scared at the prospect of going out into the world where anything can happen, and having to make decisions by himself.  I think he might prefer to stay incarcerated; at least there, his life is compartmentalised, and he just lives day by day, with no danger.
Phew, sorry about the essay there!   :-X

xxx

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 05:55:17 PM »

I had to let you guys know here.I was looking that State of NY parole board site.This what I just found on it.I didn't see it before.I wonder if the fact that the fans that loved John Lennon and love all the Beatles contacting them had anything to do with it.So even if people have allready connected.they may want to send off this form to the parole board anyway.I am going to.As I said.I don't care if don't  intend to let him out.I want Yoko and Sean and Julian to know when that parole hearing comes up.Like last year when it was reported in the news how many came forward to stand with them and support them.I think once Johns fans found out next months hearing.Also the Beatles fans on the internet found out about the next hearing.I think they were forced to put that E mail form up for people to use.once the E mails and calls and letters started coming in.I don't have to post about this again now.thanks to everyone that has helped.take care and have a safe and great summer
Linds
California

https://www.parole.state.ny.us/letters.html

https://www.parole.state.ny.us/boardletters/forminput.jsp

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 62 queries.