Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Paul Won't Perform In China!  (Read 7573 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Paul Won't Perform In China!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005, 10:59:04 AM »

Quote from: GreenApple

But, if I go on about it too much, it'll just get so tedious for you guys. I'll water it down just a bit from now on.

Thanks for enjoying our communication in this forum!
don't follow leaders

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2005, 02:19:32 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b

Morning. Don't go changing. I think its only me that makes you feel this way. I'm not gonna change, so neither should you. I can take your hippy ideals if you can take my bad jokes.

As long as those jokes don't make light against suffering people or animals!

Hippyism is just a matter of seeming. Anyone can want peace in the world however. Anyone can do their little bit to make the world a better place. Just don't go thinking that everyone in the world wants peace! And don't always trust politicians. They have the power to really change things, but...

I'd even go so far as to say don't trust the Establishment (since you're a fellow Britlander), because the halls of power are staffed mostly by Establishment people (also known as the 'cream' of society, though I would prefer a more descriptive word!). The Establishment have had many decades to really make society and the world better, but...progress is slow!

Oh dear! Here I go again! I said I wouldn't bang on about it any more...I can't help it!

Well, just ponder this finally - in the 21st Century, the wealth, power, and knowledge exist for the first time in history to solve most of the world's problems. But, it doesn't happen. Question - Who takes the blame?
All You Need Is LOVE!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2005, 02:25:31 PM »

As long as those jokes don't make light against suffering people or animals!

Can't guarantee that. You'll probably have to hate me for that one.
don't follow leaders

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2005, 02:27:56 PM »

Can't guarantee that. You'll probably have to hate me for that one.

Hmmmm...

I can see we have a little way to go!

;)
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 02:28:31 PM »

Quite honestly, if I had hair to grow long like yours...hehe!
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005, 02:45:38 PM »

Hmmmm...

I can see we have a little way to go!

;)

I meant, in terms of making you into a naive tree-hugging, flower-loving (well, they are beautiful!), would-be optimist like me. Not in terms of bad feelings - there ain't any, right?  :)
All You Need Is LOVE!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 03:32:31 PM »

Well, just ponder this finally - in the 21st Century, the wealth, power, and knowledge exist for the first time in history to solve most of the world's problems. But, it doesn't happen. Question - Who takes the blame?[/quote]

Aah but there's the rub. See, I think the worlds not too bad a place.(well, no sh*ttier than it was before) We have more than enough room and make more than enough food for everyone. We've stopped exterminating animals for the hell of it. We don't fight any more wars than we used to, we've only got better at it. But that's the downside of technology and its a price I'm prepared to pay for my warm house, DVD's and cheap holidays in Greece.
I'm happy being a human, in fact, being at the top of the food chain makes me downright delerious. We're never gonna get rid of disease, natures always going to take potshots at us, we';re always afraid of some catalysm (war, global warming. God) and we can be a greedy bunch of mothers. But I reckon the vaste majority of humans on this planet are warm, fed, and in no immediate danger of a grizzly death. Miserable, but safe.
It ain't perfect, but I reckon we do OK.
Phew. Human and proud, that's me.
don't follow leaders

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 04:46:05 PM »

I love this yakety yak

Wayne L.

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 06:28:29 PM »

He's a holier than thou vegatarian GA, which is pathetic, Paul should eat some chicken sometimes.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2005, 10:31:43 AM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
He's a holier than thou vegatarian GA, which is pathetic, Paul should eat some chicken sometimes.

Shut the f*** up, you moron. I've really had it with you constantly degrading people that actually stand for something. Get a life, loser.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 12:12:03 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
Be nice this time, man,...be nice, OK?

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2005, 02:03:57 PM »

Well, just ponder this finally - in the 21st Century, the wealth, power, and knowledge exist for the first time in history to solve most of the world's problems. But, it doesn't happen. Question - Who takes the blame?

Aah but there's the rub. See, I think the worlds not too bad a place.(well, no sh*ttier than it was before) We have more than enough room and make more than enough food for everyone. We've stopped exterminating animals for the hell of it. We don't fight any more wars than we used to, we've only got better at it. But that's the downside of technology and its a price I'm prepared to pay for my warm house, DVD's and cheap holidays in Greece.
I'm happy being a human, in fact, being at the top of the food chain makes me downright delerious. We're never gonna get rid of disease, natures always going to take potshots at us, we';re always afraid of some catalysm (war, global warming. God) and we can be a greedy bunch of mothers. But I reckon the vaste majority of humans on this planet are warm, fed, and in no immediate danger of a grizzly death. Miserable, but safe.
It ain't perfect, but I reckon we do OK.
Phew. Human and proud, that's me.[/quote]

????????????????????????????

Yes, there's enough food for everyone to go around - But, THEY ARE NOT GETTING IT!

Every year, 6 million people die of starvation and preventable disease. It's the equivalent of holocaust annually - holocaust by neglect, neglect of the leaders of the 'free world' who have no real interest in taking freedom to the rest of the world.

A vast minority of humans in the world are underfed and dying of starvation. The leaders of the developed world who trumpet freedom - Bush, Blair, Chirac, etc. - are GENOCIDALISTS BY NEGLECT!!! Don't you agree with that? How Can They Sleep? How come they don't wake up at 3 AM pouring with sweat from their consciences? Because they have no real conscience over the matter!!! That's why!!!!

By, the way, we might one day get rid of disease. The human genome unravelling looks very promising. Let's be optimistic where we can, at least!

Finally, just to bring it back to a Beatles theme; John Lennon would have done a better service to anyone if he had made his song How Do You Sleep against the cunning leaders of the west, rather than his good old friend Paul Macca.
All You Need Is LOVE!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2005, 02:11:16 PM »

Finally, just to bring it back to a Beatles theme; John Lennon would have done a better service to anyone if he had made his song How Do You Sleep against the cunning leaders of the west, rather than his good old friend Paul Macca.

True, tis true. Well said.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2005, 02:11:45 PM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power

Shut the f*** up, you moron. I've really had it with you constantly degrading people that actually stand for something. Get a life, loser.

Well spoken, BP. True Biscuit Power! I'm heartened by your mentioning of standing up for something. Kevin is a cynic, but with a heart I'm sure! I don't know Wayne much, but...

I don't think Paul is really 'holier than thou'. When has Paul ever made a speech saying anything remotely like the idea that people should be like him?

If anyone took that kind of attitude in the Beatles, it was John.

Anyway, I've put together a Beatles compilation EP album for Wayne to  listen to and think about:

The Word
All You Need Is Love
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Give Peace A Chance
Pipes Of Peace
War Is Over

Happy listening, Wayne! Think carefully, now!  :)
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2005, 02:15:19 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle

True, tis true. Well said.

I notice just tiny hints in comments that mayhaps some of you might be coming to my way of thinking; your comment above, plus BP putting Wayne straight on knocking people who stand up for something...I might go home from the public library feeling rather warm in this current British cold weather!!!

Of course, Mr. Raxo is already on my side, I'm sure.  ;)

All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2005, 02:21:14 PM »

Of course, Mr. Raxo is already on my side, I'm sure.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »

I must say Kevin is a good guy.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2005, 02:23:44 PM »

I notice just tiny hints in comments that mayhaps some of you might be coming to my way of thinking; your comment above, plus BP putting Wayne straight on knocking people who stand up for something...I might go home from the public library feeling rather warm in this current British cold weather!!!

Of course, Mr. Raxo is already on my side, I'm sure.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2005, 02:34:36 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle

Your way of thinking? Are you our prophet? Did we not have any of those notions already?

I enjoy your posts Greenapple but please, there are others in the world with heart and conscience too. You think everyone on this board is that un-aware ?
You say it as if no-one else has noticed these things. lol

Peace...just had to say. Please stay warm. I do agree with you. :)

OK. Fair comment. I over-egged my attitude a bit, from strong feelings. Obviously, none of it is my original thinking. I said I would tone it down a bit, so I'll try. I'm not trying to 'be something' in the forum. Just, speaking my mind and heart.

I'll stay warm for sure!
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2005, 02:37:08 PM »

Quote from: raxo
I must say Kevin is a good guy.

Yes, I agree!  :)
All You Need Is LOVE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 77 queries.