Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Tommy Moore  (Read 32669 times)

Bobber

Re: Tommy Moore
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 08:16:45 AM »

Quote from: 1062
Appreciated Andaludias information. Here is what I have written about Tommy:

...They began playing with Johnny Hutchinson of the Big Three taking Moore

Bobber

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 08:49:01 AM »

Quote from: 284
and so we know at long last the end of moore...thanks bill we were wondering about this for quite sometime.....they were quite drummerless very often i heard...

Another forgotten drummer: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/b-fifths/m-1126005532/

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 08:49:22 AM »

Yes, the photos look as if they are from the Scottish tour and not the Wyvern Club audition.

Bobber

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 08:52:55 AM »

Quote from: 1062
Yes, the photos look as if they are from the Scottish tour and not the Wyvern Club audition.

I think they are pictures from the Wyvern Club audition, Bill. Compare the backgrounds here on Chazz Avery's excellent site: http://www.beatlesource.com/savage/1960/60.05.10%20larry%20parnes/60.05.10larryparnes.html

Chazz used to post here for a while as well by the way.

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 08:59:18 AM »

And who is the fourth guy on this pic (an update on Chazz's site):

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 11:31:24 AM »

maybe he was just a go for...you know go for more coffee or go for more ciggies.....

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 01:41:09 AM »

You know, when you look at those pictures on the other site, and this is just my observation, wouldn't the FIRST picture look like it would be Tommy Moore? That guy looks like he's about 15 years older than the Beatles. And there is only one picture of him. The others show a much younger kid, and that would fit the description of Hutchinson. I also read Hutchinson was with the Cassanovas? (From the Spitz book).
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 09:58:48 AM »

Hi Casbah,
despite the fact that you have read the Spitz book (which is full of errors) I believe you are right. I'm pretty sure this is the Beatles with Tommy Moore, who arrived late for the audition and was temporarily replaced by Johnny Hutchinson.

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »

Actually,

This is the guy I thought was Tommy Moore.  And again, I'm only going by my own opinion and certainly not by any presumption of authority on the matter.

But when I look at this picture, I see a much older man, dressed completely different from the other Beatles.  As you are well aware, these are the two reasons given by Larry Parnes for not liking him.

The kid in the other picture, would seem to be a better fit for a band, more than likely to be a peer of the other guys, although dressed more conservatively...

But I guess until either Tommy or Johnny comes forward to help clear things up, we'll just have to keep guessing  ;D

"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

Bobber

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 01:50:02 PM »

I believe it is confirmed by several sources that the guy in your picture is Johnny Hutchinson.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »

That's definately Johnny Hutch. Brian Epstein wanted him to replace Pete Best in the Beatles and he actually played with them when Pete left and before Ringo joined. The photo was by Cheniston Roland. You note that you can see Stuart and his guitar. You see his hands on it.  Cheniston took a number of photos, there is one which Stuart has been tuning up and has his back to the photographer. Allan Williams used that particular photo to claim that Stuart performed with his back to the audience, which is untrue. You can see from this photo how Allan has tried to manipulate the truth.

Bobber

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »

Thanks Bill. So, it is rather safe to draw the conclusion that the other guy behind the drums is Tommy Moore?

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »

Could anybody clear which gigs did REALLY Tommy Moore with The Beatles at the Wirral Peninsula (=Neston Institute and Grosvenor's Ballroom in Liscard) in May-July 1960??

The best source is, of course, Bill Harry but his Encyclopedia is a bit confusing on the subject:

p. 255: "...However, he [Norman Chapman] only managed to appear with them on three Saturday night gigs at the Grosvenor Ballroom, Birkenhead, on 18 and 25 June and 2 July, before he was called up for National Service..."

p. 468: "...Tommy Moore was to make one last appearance with them at the Grosvenor.
Their 18 June appearance was on the occasion of Paul McCartney's 18th birthday and they returned to the venue on 25 June.
They appeared there several times in July. On their 2 July gig they were joined on stage by Johnny Gentle, whom they'd recently backed on a tour of Scotland. Other dates included 9, 16, 23 and 30 July..."

So,..., who REALLY played drums at those 16 gigs at the Wirral Peninsula in June-July 1960?? ???

Best!! ;)

Xosé
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:45:26 PM by Xose »

Bobber

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »

They were drummerless now and then...

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 09:09:13 AM »

Yes... Very hard (=impossible??) to know who played drums at each gig...

At least we know of three (=four??):

Tommy Moore, Norman Chapman and Ronnie (=and Paul McCartney??)

Xosé

Bobber

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »

Well, Ronnie wasn't an official drummer of course. But my sources are no other than yours.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 10:35:26 AM »

Well, Ronnie wasn't an official drummer of course. But my sources are no other than yours.

Yes, you are right.

However, the very 1st day of Paul using his Solid 7 guitar couldn't be June 30, as that is the date of the HP contract. A deposit was made in advance, with a guarantor, ca. fifteen days before, the same John, George or Stu did (=see Babiuk's receipts...). This would place us ca. Paul's 18th birthday...

Xosé
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:54:38 AM by Xose »

Bobber

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 01:53:31 PM »

Ah! A birthday gift. I like that thought.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2010, 02:48:04 PM »

Ah! A birthday gift. I like that thought.

Well... Maybe... June 30 is ONLY the date of the HP contract, i.e., when the first weekly payment of -/10/- had to be made. But a deposit had to be made in advance (=probably £3, according to what is stated at Bells catalogues from that time), with a guarantor (=Jim McCartney??), ca. fifteen days before, the same John, George or Stu did (=see Babiuk's receipts for John's Club 40, George's Futurama, Stu's 500/5 or George's Selmer Truvoice...). This would place us ca. Paul's 18th birthday, i.e., the very day when Tommy Moore agreed to play drums with them for the last time (=at Grosvenor Ballroom, BTW...)

Xosé

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2010, 09:41:34 PM »

Sorry for my insistence, but time is coming and I need answers...

Does anybody know who played drums at Corporation's Grosvenor Ballroom in Liscard, Wallasey, on 18 June 1960?? (=Paul's 18th. birthday)  ???

Xosé
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 70 queries.