Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: THE BEATLES AND TONY SHERIDAN  (Read 34644 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Re: THE BEATLES AND TONY SHERIDAN
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2009, 10:48:41 PM »

Exactly my thoughts   :-X  And Paul`s father was very much against Pete... Not only my thoughts but facts.

Jane, did your source say why Paul's father felt this way?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2009, 09:38:02 PM »

It was because Pete attracted everybody`s attention and was the most popular of the 4 guys. Bill Harry mentions this fact in one of his interviews, he says that definitely and undoubtedly Pete was the most popular of the 4.
After one performance attended by Paul`s father the guys left the stage and were surrounded by the fans, mostly girls. However, the three were quickly set free and could go home, but Pete was beset by a much larger number of fans and had to stay with them long. Paul`s father, who saw it all,  didn`t like it, and later approached Pete to reproach him about it and to tell him that it was unfair. The reason he was against Pete was that he was jealous.
This is one thing written in books and I am sure I`ve read about it more.
Maybe, now it is my suggestion, Pete and Paul were on one wave, singing mostly songs about love at that time, and were kind of rivals? I will look up the facts in the books.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2009, 04:40:50 AM »

Tony Sheridan, Father and Son p1

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2009, 04:42:18 AM »

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2009, 04:53:03 AM »

check 'em boys......nobodys child is on part 2.....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:57:30 AM by pc31 »

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2009, 04:58:30 AM »

go youtube it yerself...... ;D

Bobber

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2009, 09:05:19 AM »

It was because Pete attracted everybody`s attention and was the most popular of the 4 guys. Bill Harry mentions this fact in one of his interviews, he says that definitely and undoubtedly Pete was the most popular of the 4.
After one performance attended by Paul`s father the guys left the stage and were surrounded by the fans, mostly girls. However, the three were quickly set free and could go home, but Pete was beset by a much larger number of fans and had to stay with them long. Paul`s father, who saw it all,  didn`t like it, and later approached Pete to reproach him about it and to tell him that it was unfair. The reason he was against Pete was that he was jealous.
Maybe, now it is my suggestion, Pete and Paul were on one wave, singing mostly songs about love at that time, and were kind of rivals? I will look up the facts in the books.

Problem is there's not much fact on this issue. Just 'feelings' and all that.

Bobber

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2009, 09:20:56 AM »

go youtube it yerself...... ;D

I will. Pity it wasn't filmed professionally. Never mind.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »

we tried didn't we??? ???

Bobber

« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2009, 02:27:56 PM »

we tried didn't we??? ???

True. Thanks for the effort. ha2ha

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2009, 03:00:12 PM »

Paul`s father, who saw it all,  didn`t like it, and later approached Pete to reproach him about it and to tell him that it was unfair. The reason he was against Pete was that he was jealous.

Be sure to let us know where you read this Jane.
I've often read that Pete was popular with the fans and that he was  not on the wavelength of the other members of the group..
But I've never read anywhere that Paul's father was interested in any way with the group. He wanted his son to get a proper job and stop the music as a professional. Paul did at one point go to work in a factory to please his dad.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2009, 09:21:53 PM »

Be sure to let us know where you read this Jane.

I will! Give me some time!

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2010, 09:38:26 AM »

The videos are cool as hell. Wish we could see Tony and Jr. a bit better, but oh well. I thought it was odd that they played to a track on the first video when Tony came out. The drummer wasnt playing at all.

Yeah Marshall, I think you should write that book. Autograph the one I buy. I'll buy more if i'm mentioned.  ;D

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2010, 10:47:57 PM »

I will! Give me some time!

One of the sources: Alan Clayson, Ringo Starr, chapter 4.
I am retelling a paragraph: Pete wasn`t allowed to sing when The Beatles played on the radio in Manchester for the first time, but when after it they gathered all together, Paul`s father attacked Pete for no reason at all, saying that all the time during the broadcast Pete had been trying to attract the attention of the audience. James McCartney wanted The Beatles to get rid of John Lennon, who had the audacity to call him by name and whose influence on the band was negative, which James had repeatedly told Paul. However James understood that John and Paul were the creative backbone of the band, young George kept a low profile, but Pete always stood apart. His face was always printed separately from the guys on the cover of the Mersey Beat and on posters, like - Pete Best is singing for you today!!! And when Bob Vooler (not sure of the spelling) asked the band for an ancor, he cried: and again for you John, Paul and...(a pause)...PETE!!!, at that moment the roar of the audience reached it`s limit. James didn`t like Pete.
I have read about James attacking Pete after the concert again, but I still have to look it up.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2010, 02:40:11 PM »

Thanks Jane.
I don't know the book you've mentioned but I did find a reference to this sort of thing in the Bob Spitz book. Unfortunately the Spitz book is not renowned for being too reliable.
So we now have a Mona Best/Jim McCartney/Brian Epstein powership tangle.
And McCartney senior and Epstein won the day!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2010, 08:21:18 PM »

Alan Clayson, Paul McCartney, chapter 6:
An article in Merseybeat said that "when John, Paul and George came out onto the stage in Teenager`s Turn shouts and applause could be heard; however when Pete appeared the audience went hysteric. The girls shouted and screamed like crazy! He became popular in Manchester thanks to just only his special look (gaze)." After the show at the stage Pete was surrounded by a crowd of about 400 girls, whereas John, Paul and George gave several autographs and got into the car waiting for them. James McCartney witnessed this scene and reproached the "conceited" drummer: Why did you draw all the attention? Why didn`t you return the other guys? It was very egotistical on your part." And later when James met Pete at a concert in Cavern which was filmed for the serial Know the North on ITV, he shouted: Great, isn`t it? They are going to be on TV! Pete was hurt. But John, Paul, George and the new drummer Ringo playing Slow Down and Some Other Guy didn`t go on air at that time.

So it is not just feelings.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2010, 04:23:15 AM »

Alan Clayson, Paul McCartney, chapter 6:
An article in Merseybeat said that "when John, Paul and George came out onto the stage in Teenager`s Turn shouts and applause could be heard; however when Pete appeared the audience went hysteric. The girls shouted and screamed like crazy! He became popular in Manchester thanks to just only his special look (gaze)." After the show at the stage Pete was surrounded by a crowd of about 400 girls, whereas John, Paul and George gave several autographs and got into the car waiting for them. James McCartney witnessed this scene and reproached the "conceited" drummer: Why did you draw all the attention? Why didn`t you return the other guys? It was very egotistical on your part." And later when James met Pete at a concert in Cavern which was filmed for the serial Know the North on ITV, he shouted: Great, isn`t it? They are going to be on TV! Pete was hurt. But John, Paul, George and the new drummer Ringo playing Slow Down and Some Other Guy didn`t go on air at that time.

So it is not just feelings.

Is this the Granada TV clip? I've seen the clip of them playing "Some Other Guy" (white shirts and sweaty, right, is that the one), but not "Slow Down". Has any one seen "Slow Down' from that Cavern Session?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Bobber

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2010, 08:18:17 AM »

No. Because Slow Down wasn't filmed.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2010, 06:48:23 PM »

No. Because Slow Down wasn't filmed.

Well, that would explain it.

A few (?)s for you Bobber, or anyone else:

1) Is there a reference Do you have a reference for this, that only "Some Other Guy" was filmed?
2) Is the TV show referred to the "Granada TV" show that was filmed, or was there more than 1 TV spot filmed at the Cavern of the Beatles?
3) Do you think Paul or John is cuter?  (just kidding on this one!  ;D )
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.76 seconds with 80 queries.