Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dhani video  (Read 1825 times)

• A Beginning
Dhani video
« on: August 10, 2007, 03:01:37 AM »

Don't know exactly where this post belongs, but George would be a logical start.  Dhani:  Jeezus, he just keeps looking more, and sounds more, like his Dad all the time.  Video is kind of cheesy but who cares, its interesting to keep track of the Beatle spawn:

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=EdoMDjQrHdg&amp;mode=related&amp;search=" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=EdoMDjQrHdg&amp;mode=related&amp;search=</a>
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

BlueMeanie

Re: Dhani video
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 06:45:53 AM »

His guitar playing sounds remarkably like his old mans'. That is, technically, not very good.

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 07:17:04 AM »

Quote from: 483
That is, technically, not very good.

Technically not very good?  George was a great musician.  Technically, very proficient with great song structure and solos.  There are always people that couldn't play a simple riff that have to denegrate, most become music critics.  Post what you can play and we'll compare.

What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:22:50 AM »

Quote from: 788
Post what you can play and we'll compare.

But this forum's not about me.

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 07:37:06 AM »

That's an easy (and weak) copout.  George wove many a great song--some simple, some very complex, and to summarily dismiss him as not techinically good is incredibly myopic.  We'll take a poll.

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 07:39:02 AM »

Now, now, thets keep the party clean.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 07:47:45 AM »

Quote from: 788
That's an easy (and weak) copout. We'll take a poll.

You said 'Post what you can play, and we'll compare' But this is not a forum about what I can play. Or anyone else for that matter. Am I not entitled to my opinion?

In the grand scheme of things I don't think George was all that good a guitarist, and I was struck by how much Dhani sounded like him.

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 08:23:29 AM »

Not bad, better than anything else I heard from him.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 08:44:21 AM »

Quote from: 779
Not bad, better than anything else I heard from him.

Definately better than anything I've heard too. I don't think we should expect anything great, just because he's Dhani Harrison though.

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 52 queries.