Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Song Of The Week - I Feel Fine  (Read 9162 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Song Of The Week - I Feel Fine
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 02:24:22 PM »

This is a really top class effort from the Beatles. For all the reasons people have said. I love the clean sound of the guitar riff. And the harmonies work beautifully. John sounds as good as ever on vocals.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 06:09:54 PM »

tkitna
So you strongly disagree with my comment that at various times in the 60s there were others who made incredible music equal to The Beatles......and then go on to list all the times when you think they did!!!

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »

tkitna
So you strongly disagree with my comment that at various times in the 60s there were others who made incredible music equal to The Beatles......and then go on to list all the times when you think they did!!!

I read his comment to question the volume of greatness, not whether artists had peaks near/at the Beatles peaks, that the Beatles had mountain ranges, not an individual peak.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »

tkitna

OBS, I was thinking out loud again when I should have been listening.  Its a bad habit that I have and i'm working on.  What you said certainly has merit, and what I type sometimes should be contained in my feeble mind.  I jotted down nothing more then my personal opinion and that doesn't hold much stock.  Sorry and I apologize.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »

Curious, what makes it Ringo's greatest moment?  I'm no drummer, just want to understand.  Can you play it right? :)

BL, Ringo does these little trills on the different drum pieces at different times (example one time its the cymbal, another the tom, another the snare) and although it seems like a little thing to consider, it makes drumming to the song a real @#$%. 

Lol, no I cant play it nor do I even try anymore.  I know bands and drummers that are eons better then I am that don't play it correctly or just refuse to play it because they cant do it right.  I've seen some people do it close and I've seen others use their own variation (me), but its never right.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »

Cool, thanks for explaining

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 12:08:12 AM »

tkitna

Baffled as to why tkitna felt the need to apologise.

His original post didn't do what you're saying obs...rather, he listed some other 60s acts and gave solid reasons why none of them were as good as The Beatles.

Plenty of great artists around in the 1960s, but none as consistently good as the fab four, whose "worst" material was as good as or better than many other artists' "best".

Can you tell me what was in the charts in December '64 that was as good as "I Feel Fine"?

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »

I love Paul and George's drawn out 'oooooh' after John sings 'I'm so glad' etc.  sounds so cool

And remember too they came up with this as the new single after considering EDAW, NR and IAL from Beatles For Sale.  IFF wouldn't have sounded right on that album either

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 10:54:30 AM »

Baffled as to why tkitna felt the need to apologise.

His original post didn't do what you're saying obs...rather, he listed some other 60s acts and gave solid reasons why none of them were as good as The Beatles.

Plenty of great artists around in the 1960s, but none as consistently good as the fab four, whose "worst" material was as good as or better than many other artists' "best".

Can you tell me what was in the charts in December '64 that was as good as "I Feel Fine"?

I didn't want to derail this peaceful thread any further then I already did.  I realize music is truly objective and its all opinion. and if it was allowed to continue in the direction I pointed it towards, surely there were going to be offended parties.  I'd gladly climb in the ring about the subject on a separate thread, but this one isn't the place.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.47 seconds with 55 queries.