Beatles forums > Albums

HELP! Blue Album 1967-1970, Red Sleeve

(1/4) > >>

ericburnard:
Hi there everyone.

I have been trying to find out information on this album for almost 10 years now but everytime I look I come up with blanks. My dad bought a copy of the Beatles Blue album (1967-1970) almost 15 years ago and everything on the album is correct apart from the sleeve on the first record is printed in red and not blue. All of the tracks listings, lyrics and record number are correct on the red sleeve as well.

I can find no information about it online, I have contacted the record labels and heard nothing back and record experts I have spoken to have never heard of it either. Some of them said it might have just been a worker in the factory printed a red sleeve for their collection.

Like I said, it has been a mystery we have been trying to get answers to for well over 10 years now. If you could help us out with finding out the story of it then it would be amazing to know

Thanks for your help

Eric

blmeanie:
sounds like a cool keepsake, not sure what value it would have, assume that is what you are asking.  Value is what someone would be willing to pay for it.  Throw it on Ebay for a ridiculously high reserve price and see if someone bites. 

nimrod:
Wasnt there a book by Edgar Allen Poe called 'The Masque of the Red Death' ?

The release date/printing of that album could commemorate the anniversary of Pauls death  ???

another clue perhaps  :-\

Hello Goodbye:
^

;D

ericburnard:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on January 20, 2019, 06:50:00 PM ---sounds like a cool keepsake, not sure what value it would have, assume that is what you are asking.  Value is what someone would be willing to pay for it.  Throw it on Ebay for a ridiculously high reserve price and see if someone bites.

--- End quote ---

Value is secondary right now. We are just both intrigued to the story behind it seeing as we have found no information about it for nearly 10 years now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version