Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Beatles under a microscope - Let It Be  (Read 25639 times)

Toejam

• A Beginning
Re: Beatles under a microscope - Let It Be
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »

Of course I ran right out and bought it.  The name of the album was changed to Hey Jude in later pressings.  I'm still amused by the original name.

I din't know it was gonna be called that.

a/w. I hate this album...Let it be not Hey Jude. I like some of the songs in fact I love some of them but not the origianl released orchestrated versions. All of them were dire. I think Let it be...naked was one of the best moves the Beatles have done since the split. An absoultbe peach of an idea! I don't even have the origianl let it be album. I used to have it on vinyl but I've no desire to get it again now I only listen to music on my ipod or phone. I've made a playlist of the songs i like.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »

wonder if its the same one or hofner have made him a few replica's ?
if i remeber rightly Paul had two. One from before Beatlemania and one he was given when Beatlemania took off and one of them, I think his origianl, got stolen in the late 60's. The one he still uses is the one he was given during Beatlemania.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »

I can stay till it's time to go

dsg7286

• One And One Is Two
    • Beatles '64-'70 American Discography page
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 12:17:16 AM »

Exactly what it looks like, I own a copy!  ;D
DSG

nimrod

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 12:22:37 AM »

a/w. I hate this album...Let it be not Hey Jude. I like some of the songs in fact I love some of them but not the origianl released orchestrated versions. All of them were dire. I think Let it be...naked was one of the best moves the Beatles have done since the split. An absoultbe peach of an idea! I don't even have the origianl let it be album. I used to have it on vinyl but I've no desire to get it again now I only listen to music on my ipod or phone. I've made a playlist of the songs i like.

Im the opposite, much prefer the original Let It Be, love the brass band on I Me Mine and the title track has a much better guitar solo etc

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »

Nice picture that. You have it in higher resolution?
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2014, 12:18:49 AM »

Let It Be

Let It Be - Easily the best song on the album. Hell, it’s a legendary Beatle track. Its good. Really good. This song is everything that ’Across The Universe’ tries to be, but fails on so many levels. Paul basically wrote a hymn here. A very spiritual sounding piece, mostly about his mother I think. Anyways, the piano intro is nice and sounds great. Speaking of the intro, I could have sworn Paul coughed during it, but I couldn’t hear it at all. Remaster apparently took it out. Pauls voice sounds great. 0:38 the background choir works here. 0:52 Ringo’s echo effect on the hi hats are awesome. 1:01 bass comes in and sounds good. 1:31 Brass sounds huge. 1:44 organ sounds wonderful and then it changes over to the church organ sound at 1:51 and sounds fantastic. 1:57 maybe George’s best solo as a Beatle. Why anybody would choose the single version with the organ solo instead is beyond me. 2:40 Ringo plays back and forth on the toms and I love that part. 3:23 George brings his guitar back in for some great playing in the background. Awesome song that boosts the album for sure.

Re-listened to Let it Be, one of my all time favorites I haven't heard recently.  Followed along with Todd's famously awesome microscope (above) while listening.  Heard things that I've heard a thousand times before but never "HEARD" them.  That is why the microscopes are my favorite part of this forum.  The things I learn on old standards is amazing.  Thanks Todd

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2014, 12:50:35 AM »

Re-listened to Let it Be, one of my all time favorites I haven't heard recently.  Followed along with Todd's famously awesome microscope (above) while listening.  Heard things that I've heard a thousand times before but never "HEARD" them.  That is why the microscopes are my favorite part of this forum.  The things I learn on old standards is amazing.  Thanks Todd

Hey BL. Great hearing from you and thanks for the compliment. Hope you have an awesome New Year.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2014, 01:40:03 AM »

Nice picture that. You have it in higher resolution?

Here you go, Brynjar...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2014, 04:12:31 AM »

^

Brynjar, you can click on the picture for a full-size image.  This was taken before The Beatles' fourth live appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show on 12 September 1965.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2014, 10:48:54 AM »

Thanks so much!  glassesslip
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2014, 12:30:55 PM »

The idea behind doing Let it Be, doing an album with minimal overdubbing in a live setting was all well and good. Please, Please Me and With the Beatles were done in similar fashion. What was missing compared to their earlier efforts was the competitive/collaborative writing approach that would actually create decent songs. And the attention to arrangement and instrumentation that gives the Beatle work its depth. Raw and real didnt have to mean slapdash.

Mind you it still gave a few classic tracks. Let it Be, Get Back, The Long and Winding Road,Across the Universe. And a few pretty good tracks. Two of Us, I got a Feeling, I me mine.  So it's only a let down for a Beatles album. Most bands would be happy with it as their masterpiece I suspect.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.976 seconds with 68 queries.