Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Just Silly!  (Read 91881 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Just Silly!
« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »

What could you think, when on one of the main streets in Moscow you'll see a taxi with a sign 'Taxi is free'?!

I'd be immediately suspicious.   ;)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2014, 05:43:19 PM »

What could you think, when on one of the main streets in Moscow you'll see a taxi with a sign 'Taxi is free'?!

Оксана Митрофанова is back!!

Оксана Спасайка СтопХАМ. КП101 _ Анти СтопХАМ
I can stay till it's time to go

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #462 on: December 05, 2014, 05:35:18 AM »

I'd be immediately suspicious.   ;)

Indeed! They just write it with a mistake (as I always write in English here  ha2ha ).
They meant taxi is vacant or available (how is right?)
I couldn't pass by and said to taxi driver what people would think  ;D

Barry, ох уж эта Оксана...  ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #463 on: December 05, 2014, 06:08:52 AM »

Barry, ох уж эта Оксана...  ;D

Yeah.  I thought Oksana was on a new mission.    ;D

When will she be running for president?
I can stay till it's time to go

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #464 on: December 29, 2014, 08:06:02 AM »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #465 on: December 30, 2014, 10:38:44 PM »

^^^^
Very funny!  ha2ha   Will have to share that with my kids.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #466 on: December 31, 2014, 06:41:52 AM »

I just love those cows! The pug's enjoying himself too!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2015, 10:02:00 AM »

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #468 on: February 28, 2015, 07:32:05 PM »

This must be the quirkiest book dedication ever:

"To my wife, who made me do it" —Charles H. Lightoller (Second Officer), Titanic and Other Ships

ha2ha

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #469 on: March 02, 2015, 01:10:19 PM »

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

KelMar

« Reply #470 on: March 03, 2015, 05:26:17 AM »

This must be the quirkiest book dedication ever:

"To my wife, who made me do it" —Charles H. Lightoller (Second Officer), Titanic and Other Ships

ha2ha

That's a good one Kathy! Speaking of ships, I know your interest is the big ocean liners but I thought you might like to see what I came across. It's the Ariosto, the ship that took my grandfather from Sweden to Hull, England in 1903. I still haven't figured out what took him to Boston but he departed, several days after arriving in Hull, from Liverpool. I laugh when I think of my 18 year old grandfather being in Liverpool! I've never heard any stories about that!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #471 on: March 03, 2015, 02:34:12 PM »

That's a good one Kathy! Speaking of ships, I know your interest is the big ocean liners but I thought you might like to see what I came across. It's the Ariosto, the ship that took my grandfather from Sweden to Hull, England in 1903. I still haven't figured out what took him to Boston but he departed, several days after arriving in Hull, from Liverpool. I laugh when I think of my 18 year old grandfather being in Liverpool! I've never heard any stories about that!

Interesting, Kelley! I've never heard of the Wilson Line (which apparently built the Ariosto). Interesting, too, that your grandfather spent some time in Liverpool. I really need to do some genealogical research and see if I can determine on which ships my own ancestors came to America.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #472 on: March 03, 2015, 05:27:33 PM »

I can't figure out how to get pics to show up in the body of the message instead of just as an attachment....

Anyway, this gave me a surprised laugh.   ;D

KelMar

« Reply #473 on: March 03, 2015, 05:59:23 PM »

I really need to do some genealogical research and see if I can determine on which ships my own ancestors came to America.

Kathy, Family Search is a great free site. It's run by the Mormon Church and has all kinds of records, including immigration. Of course there's also Ancestry.com which sometimes gives free access to certain records and occasionally to the whole site. I'll let you know the next time they do that.

As for the picture question, here's a tutorial: How to Upload Pictures The only change is that you don't have to click on the little picture icon. Just copy and paste the IMG link that comes up after you upload your picture to whichever hosting site you choose. I use Photo Bucket but I really think TinyPic is a lot simpler to use, especially if you don't need to save what you've uploaded.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #474 on: March 03, 2015, 06:24:50 PM »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #475 on: March 03, 2015, 09:05:13 PM »

As for the picture question, here's a tutorial: How to Upload Pictures The only change is that you don't have to click on the little picture icon. Just copy and paste the IMG link that comes up after you upload your picture to whichever hosting site you choose. I use Photo Bucket but I really think TinyPic is a lot simpler to use, especially if you don't need to save what you've uploaded.

Thanks, Kelley! I'm not on Facebook so looks like I'll have to set up an individual account. Will do that soon.

KelMar

« Reply #476 on: March 04, 2015, 02:40:24 AM »

Thanks, Kelley! I'm not on Facebook so looks like I'll have to set up an individual account. Will do that soon.

You're welcome Kathy. Even though I'm on Facebook I never use it to sign up for anything.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #477 on: March 04, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »

Even though I'm on Facebook I never use it to sign up for anything.

I worry about Facebook privacy settings (that's not the only reason I'm not on it). I need to seriously check my Google permissions and
settings. The other night I realized my phone and home PC are synchronized in terms of websites I visit: I was trying to pull up a game
on my phone to show the kids something, and a page on Roman Catholic annulments popped up, which I had been looking at on my PC.
Luckily I snatched the phone away before any of them noticed. I find out tomorrow if the case will be accepted, and if it's not then I'm
not saying a word. The civil divorce was traumatic enough for them.

So anyway, I definitely need to check out my settings on my phone and for the gmail account I had to sign up for in order to get any
apps!   ;)  Probably should have gone with an iPhone. 

KelMar

« Reply #478 on: March 04, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »

I worry about Facebook privacy settings (that's not the only reason I'm not on it). I need to seriously check my Google permissions and
settings.

I think Google is actually harder to deal with in terms of security than Facebook. I've got my settings tight there on FB but I agree; it is a concern. I'm often amazed at how lax many peoples' setting are and what some people will say there. I hope everything turns out well for you with your case. 

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #479 on: March 05, 2015, 01:36:00 AM »

I think Google is actually harder to deal with in terms of security than Facebook.

I've heard that as well (i.e., that Google is "worst" in terms of privacy). I haven't had the time yet, but I am definitely going to be adjusting my settings. I detest the feeling of being "followed" on the Web.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Page created in 0.652 seconds with 82 queries.