Other forums > Different Conversations

Books

<< < (28/132) > >>

Normandie:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on September 01, 2013, 12:16:40 AM ---The Twilight Zone: Season 1 - CLIP

;D

--- End quote ---

Twilight Zone episodes are a bit like Beatles songs for me in that it's nearly impossible to pick a favorite, but that episode is definitely one of them!  :laugh:

ibanez_ax:

--- Quote from: Normandie on September 02, 2013, 03:07:07 PM ---Wow, that's a lot of endnotes! I like that, though; nothing frustrates me more than not having a specific fact documented with a footnote, endnote, citation, etc. Maybe it's because I work in scientific publications, where everything has to have a source listed.

I'll have to start saving for that book. It sounds fantastic.

--- End quote ---

And Volume One only covers through 1962 and promises to have additional information about the sacking of Pete Best.  I was actually fascinated by the pre-1963 chapters of Lewisohn's Complete Beatles Chronicle. It really showed me another world that the Beatles lived in early on. I'm really looking forward to this book.

Normandie:

I just pre-ordered Volume 1 on Amazon. Ironically, the publication date of October 29 will be my first (non)anniversary after the divorce, so I decided to treat myself. (I can justify ANY book purchase, ha ha.)

Thanks for the heads-up about this; I was unaware of it!

KelMar:

--- Quote from: Normandie on September 04, 2013, 04:15:36 PM ---
I just pre-ordered Volume 1 on Amazon. Ironically, the publication date of October 29 will be my first (non)anniversary after the divorce, so I decided to treat myself. (I can justify ANY book purchase, ha ha.)

--- End quote ---

Good for you Kathy; you deserve it! I'm looking forward to these books as well. In a world full of bogus Beatles "experts" Lewisohn stand alone as one I really trust.

ibanez_ax:

--- Quote from: Normandie on September 04, 2013, 04:15:36 PM ---

--- End quote ---

There is a lot of buzz about this.  There are two threads with a total of over 60 pages over at the Hoffman Forums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version