Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

70's Music ?

(1/20) > >>

:
The 70's as always been a great decade for me musically  . :)
I  think it's maybe the best period for albums ? Whats your view of 70's music ? And what albums stand out for you ?
Here's a few of my 70 's classics .

David Bowie, Hunky Dory
T.rex, Electric Warrior
ELO , A New World Record
Clash ,London Calling
Pink Floyd ,Wish You Were Here
Blondie Plastic Letter's
Joni Mitchell ,Blue
Paul and Linda McCartney ,Ram
Stevie Wonder, Talking Book
Bob Dylan ,Blood On The Tracks
Eagles ,Hotel California
Kate Bush ,The Kick Inside
George Harrison ,Thirty Three And Third
Bob Marley ,Exodus
ABBA , Arrival
Kraftwerk ,The Man - Machine
David Bowie , " Heroes "
Donna Summer ,I Remember Yesterday
Ian Dury ,New Boots And Panties
Paul McCartney And Wings ,Band On The Run
Roxy Music ,For Your Pleasure
T.ex ,The Slider
Mariane Faithfull , Broken English

My list could go on and on , of great 70's albums and artists :) :) :)

DaveRam :)

Joost:

--- Quote from: 679 ---I  think it's maybe the best period for albums ?
--- End quote ---

I disagree. I think pop music was at it's absolute peak in 1966-1967. I think it's never been as good since (and never will be again).

Kevin:

--- Quote from: 56 ---
I disagree. I think pop music was at it's absolute peak in 1966-1967. I think it's never been as good since (and never will be again).
--- End quote ---

I agree. Though I'd widen the scope to include 65.

Dark Phoenyx:
I think each decade has it's peak but definitely the 60's was a very interesting moment in pop music history; besides The Beatles there were Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Rolling Stones. and the Motown sound   But the 70's was a good decade too, we had singers/songwriters like Cat Stevens, Elton John, bands like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath.   Even the 80s was a cool decade despite the decadence.

So many talented artist back then, but currently we only find a bunch of wannabes who only care about their image and are not able to sing live, they rely too much in elaborated choreographies.  That's why we have fiascos like Britney Spears and Milli  Vanilli.

Joost:

--- Quote from: 766 ---I think each decade has it's peak but definitely the 60's was a very interesting moment in pop music history
--- End quote ---

I think that the musicians that were young in the mid to late 60s were very priviledged. I sure envy them. If you'd compare them to painters, you could say that they had more colors to work with than the people that came before them, and an emptier canvas than the people that came after them. Bands like The Beatles, The Beach Boys and The Rolling Stones were showing everyone what the posibilities were at a time when a lot of things weren't done to death yet. Because of that, I think that music wise the 60s were more creative, exciting, surprising, original and progressive than any other decade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version