Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Beatles On Record - BBC2 Television Show  (Read 1495 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
The Beatles On Record - BBC2 Television Show
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:24:58 AM »

Lost Beatles tapes to make a TV return on the BBC

August 18, 2009

Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2009/08/18/lost-beatles-tapes-to-make-a-tv-return-on-the-bbc-100252-24462646/

UNHEARD outtakes from The Beatles’ final recording sessions in Abbey Road will be broadcast for the first time as part of a BBC Fab Four season.

The programme, The Beatles On Record, will include studio chat from the band as they pieced together the album, which contained their final sessions as a band. It also features what the BBC says is “rare footage”, as well as excerpts from 60 songs.

It will be screened next month during a week-long season as the world prepares for the release of the band’s remastered back catalogue and the much-anticipated Beatles Rock Band computer game.

The Beatles On Record has been directed by Bob Smeaton, who worked on the Beatles Anthology project which traced the story of the band and was screened on TV in 1995 to tie in with a series of albums of the same name.

The programme similarly traces the band’s story from the days of Please Please Me to their break-up after the recording of Abbey Road. Although Let It Be was the last Beatles album to be released, its recording predated that of Abbey Road.

The programmes will be screened across BBC2 and BBC4 and will include the TV premiere of the The Beatles: The First US Visit.

An edition of Storyville will examine How The Beatles Rocked The Kremlin, revealing how the music of the band may have contributed to the collapse of the USSR .

nowhereman71

• One And One Is Two
The Beatles On Record - BBC2 Television Show
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 08:58:48 PM »

Have just watched "The Beatles On Record" on BBC2 here in the UK.  Clearly, it's the minidocumentaries that are to be included in the newly remastered cds.

It was ok, not quite as brimming with unheard stuff as I'd have liked, but it was nice.

The previous show, Timewatch: Beatlemania told the story of the groups' touring years, with some very nice footage that I'd not seen before.  Overall, this was more satisfying than "The Beatles On Record", due to the footage of the Candlestick Park gig, taken by an amateur cameraman.  Interestingly, the music played did seem to be clearer, though I was impressed more with "Act Naturally" more than anything else I heard.  Just on one hearing, that is.  John's acoustic guitar was clearer to my ears.  The rest sounded ok, just not astounding.

What do others think about these programmes?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: The Beatles On Record - BBC2 Television Show
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 09:35:52 PM »

I liked how it was only The Beatles and George Martin on the commentary. Plus the freeze frame panning effect they were getting on them old photo's....Almost 3d.
Never seen 'The Beatles first US visit before.' Pretty interesting behind scenes footage aswell. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: The Beatles On Record - BBC2 Television Show
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 09:49:01 PM »

And now for the 3rd helping...Help.....Quality night of TV for once heheheh.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 43 queries.