Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: 2 New Record by Paul next year  (Read 31141 times)

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
2 New Record by Paul next year
« on: December 01, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »

begins with My Valentine  on February 6th and late summer 2012.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:43:50 PM by Badgirl66 »

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Re: 2 New Record by Paul next year
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 04:17:07 PM »

1. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter (Alhert/Young) 2:36
 2. Home (When Shadows Fall) (Van Steeden/Clarkson/Clarkson) 4:04
 3. It's Only a Paper Moon (Arlen/Harburg/Rose) 2:35
 4. More I Cannot Wish You (Loesser) 3:03
 5. The Glory of Love (Hill) 3:45
 6. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me) (Dorsey/Robertson/Mysels) 3:22
 7. Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive (Arlen/Mercer) 2:31
 8. My Valentine (McCartney) 3:14
 9. Always 3:49
 10. My Very Good Friend the Milkman (Burke/Spina) 3:04
 11. Bye Bye Blackbird (Henderson/Dixon) 4:26
 12. Get Yourself Another Fool (Forrest/Heywood) 4:42
 13. The Inch Worm (Loesser) 3:42
 14. Only Our Hearts 4:21

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 12:52:22 AM »

'My Valentine' is awful. The music is nice, but his voice destroys it. I'm sorry, but it just doesnt sound good.

Crucify me at will.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 12:54:22 AM »

You be the judge.

Paul McCartney - My Valentine

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:51:49 AM »

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 12:20:47 AM »

i have a better idea..let's crucify paulie...maybe when he raises from the dead after 3 days he will remeber to give us something tasty....back off boogaloo

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 12:34:50 AM »

i have a better idea..let's crucify paulie...maybe when he raises from the dead after 3 days he will remeber to give us something tasty....back off boogaloo

You might be right. The last good stuff he gave us was 'Chaos and Creation' and i'm still convinced that it was due to Nigel Godrich keeping him in check. Doesnt matter though. I'll buy it because thats what I do. There might be something on it worth the purchase.

I'm still looking forward to his ballet too. Laugh all you want, but tis true.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »

I don't know what song you guys listened to, but I just heard My Valentine and it's absolutely beautiful!!

McCartneys vocals are excellent, absolutely perfect for this style of music, and the acoustic guitar playing in this song is wonderful.

The song is so romantic and silky smooth, anyone who has a love interest in their lives should rush out and buy this one.  McCartney sounds very intimate and personal, the mood grabs you, I can't wait to buy this one.   

, A fantastic song from what appears to be a fantastic album!!

We got the excellent Memory Almost Full and now this one, McCartney's still on a roll!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:00:14 PM by maccafan »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 01:17:30 AM »

I dont know what song you listened to, but it sounds like a 70 year old man who's lost his voice.

Oh wait,,,,

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »

sounds like he had marbles in his mouth...

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 04:20:48 PM »

Opinions vary, but from what I see visiting other websites the people who don't like this new song are in the vast minority, as most people are loving this fantastic new and very smooth and romantic song from McCartney.

If a frog in McCartney's throat sounds this wonderful, I hope he keeps it there!

My Valentine is absolutely beautiful!!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 02:57:40 AM »

This just proves that Paul can do no wrong in your eyes. This is one of the worst things i've ever heard Paul do, but yet its beautiful and wonderful in your opinion. Be honest with yourself just once man.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »

nimrod

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 11:44:08 PM »

wtf ?

is Paul trying to morph into Tony Bennett or Dean Martin and become a crooner ?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 12:49:02 AM »

wtf ?

is Paul trying to morph into Tony Bennett or Dean Martin and become a crooner ?

Yeah, we can call him 'The Vegetarian Fog'.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 02:42:43 AM »

Ok, coming from someone who liked Memory Almost Full, Paulie could have done better. "My Valentine" sounded so generic and washed out, if someone played it and said Paul wrote it I would have laughed.

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »

Tkitna, I'm always honest with myself, and I'm always honest when I share my opinion on the web, otherwise why even bother?

I'm a musician, so I like many forms of music, and this new song sounds very beautiful and romantic to me, and my female friends like it as well.

As I posted, around the web this song and others from the new album also are getting great remarks from most people, not all but I've read way more good about the song than bad.

Maybe some people should open up their musical taste and not be so closed minded.

This album sounds like it will be great for relaxing at home with the one you love, and I suspect that is what McCartney hopes will happen.

Here's a review.

by Bob Gannon (Macca Reporter)

Review of Paul's new "untitled album"(release date February 7)

Been listening to the new album all day. I must say that I like it, I love this genre of music. And Paul's voice is very suited for it. It doesn't particularly challenge his voice but it has a light, wispy quality to it. Plus the fact that he has chosen some less known songs helps. Let's face it, it's not the kind of CD that's gonna inspire you during a workout or a long run with it's driving beat. If that's the kind of album that you are looking for, this may not be your cup of tea. But if you like the kind of album after a long, tough day that you can play and that will make you forget how bad your day was and just relaxes you enough to get lost in the smooth jazz grooves. This may be right up your alley!

1. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter (Alhert/Young) 2:36- nice rollicking piano. Lyrics very tongue and cheek. One that I've never heard before. Fun little track

2. Home (When Shadows Fall) (Van Steeden/Clarkson/Clarkson) 4:04-nice orchestration. The vocal goes over you like a light breeze. Another one that I can't remember hearing before. Again, Paul's voice easily covers this track. Liking it more with every listen

3. It's Only AA Paper Moon (Arlen/Harburg/Rose) 2:35- a more popular tune that i've heard. Paul's light vocal with a nice fiddle backing makes this a really fun run through this song. Very true to the original. Very enjoyable track

4. More I Cannot Wish You (Loesser) 3:03-Nice light acoustic guitar backing starts off and than enjoyed by a nice piano. Another song that I hadn't heard but very nice. He really did a nice job picking out some less known tracks. And from a time when the song lyrics were much more innocent and simple. But what does come off for me is Paul's love of the songs and period.

5. The Glory Of Love (Hill) 3:45- Sounds like a stand up bass. This is one that i've heard and loved before. Paul's cover is simply fantastic and sure to bring a smile to your face. A lovely song.

6. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me) (Dorsey/Robertson/Mysels) 3:22-Another one that I've never heard. So true to the style of the day and Paul sings it seamlessly.

7. Ac-cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive (Arlen/Mercer) 2:31- One that most will recognize. Another one that I like the quality in Paul's vocal performance....light, airy and fun! The backing band throughout this album lays down a nice jazz groove and this is something quite different to hear Paul do but he does it so well (What's new there? Does he do anything badly?) This reminds me how blown away I was when he did "Slow Boat to China.

8. My Valentine (McCartney) 3:14 - This one took me awhile to appreciate. Although I love the romantic groove and sentimental lyrics I felt that it lacked a little pop. But after numerous listens now, it really is representative of the songs of that day and he really did a nice job..writing, singing and keeping it in the genre. Of course Eric Clapton adds a nice guitar bit.

9. Always (Berlin) 3:49-nice orchestration and slow, romantic ballad. Paul's voice is so smooth and airy

10. My Very Good Friend The Milkman (Burke/Spina) 3:04- a nice light whistle to begin. Nice tongue and cheek lyrics. Very fun track--such a simple time. Nice little groove! A little brass.

11. Bye, Bye Blackbird (Henderson/Dixon) 4:26- nice orchestra. Famous track and I guess makes sense from the guy who sang "Blackbird". Paul doesn't try to do too much on this one but it comes out just right

12. Get Yourself Another Fool (Forrest/Heywood) 4:42- Another one that I had not heard before but really, really like. Nice smooth track driven by a well written song

13. The Inch Worm (Loesser) 3:42- Little piano, joined in with a guitar. I had rather he didn't do this one...a little trite but it still sounds nice but my least favorite on the album

14. Only Our Hearts (McCartney) 4:21 - another great effort in writing and singing a song in the spirit of the others on the album. To tell you the truth, for me the most immediately likeable track on the album. Very romantic, Macca love song. With added harmonica by Stevie Wonder which is such a wonderful addition to this song. Really gives it a unique sound. Sung more in the style of Paul's love song... with really nice lyrics. Our girl Nancy has definitely had a nice effect on Paul penning such a wonderful love song!

Well that's it. It certainly shows that Paul has fond memories of these songs as it really comes out in the performances. I hate to keep describing the vocals as light and airy but once you've heard, I think you'll agree. It certainly is not the normal way we hear Paul sing but there is this nice romantic, relaxing and sweet jazz groove that permeates the album. Although I am in no way thinking that there will be any chart toppers coming out of this CD, it is an insight to the man who's music has touched so many. These are really the songs that inspired the songs. The craftsmanship of the day and nice, simple lyrics with a really sweet vocal. It really does show off how easily Paul can adapt to different styles and excel. Even the fact that he can pen two songs that not only stand up to the best standards on the album, they stand out on their own! I'm looking forward of hearing the released product.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 08:01:31 PM »

In all fairness, i've only heard 'My Valentine' and its pretty embarrassing in my opinion. I wont be playing that for my wife or any of my friends and I pray they never have to hear it. As for the rest of the record, i'll wait until I buy it and then give an overall opinion, but  i'm not holding my breath.

Have you ever heard the saying, 'If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anthing at all'? Well, i'm afraid thats what your getting when you read reviews from the people. Fans arent likely to bad mouth their idol in public. I have no such reservations. Same with critics. If Paul took a dump in a bucket, most critics would say that it was one of the most beautiful buckets of sh*t they ever saw. He was a Beatle and thats just the way it is, but i'm used to it. They raved about 'Memory Almost Full' and 'Electric Arguments' too, and they both sucked, so its nothing new.

Enjoy the record, but please dont wonder why people are laughing at you if you try to pimp it. When it does happen though, I promise not to say that 'I told you so'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 75 queries.